1076 users online (271 members and 805 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

jan 28th 2007 Body found in wheel well of jet at LAX

Body found in wheel well of jet at LAX

How safe are airports when something like this happens? I thought that security was stepped up after the incident on the link listed below..

2003 article; Body Found In JFK Jet Wheel Well

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

I don't understand how a person can get in a wheel well..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Every so often, I see news stories about a body being found in a wheel well. Does anyone ever survive attempting to stow away in a wheel well? Obviously you must be pretty desperate to try it, but it seems to me like certain death!

Quote Originally Posted by MSM
    Every so often, I see news stories about a body being found in a wheel well. Does anyone ever survive attempting to stow away in a wheel well? Obviously you must be pretty desperate to try it, but it seems to me like certain death!
    yeah, that's what i'm screamin...this happened not too long ago,,,somewhere; what's up w/that????

eta..even

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough
    yeah, that's what i'm screamin...this happened not too long ago,,,somewhere; what's up w/that????

eta..even
    It happened here in Atlanta recently.

I too cannot imagine wanting to leave a place so desparately that I would fly in a jet wheel. Terrifying. But I think this mode of escape must have worked for someone along the way - else people wouldn't try it so regularly. I seem to read 2-3 stories like this each year. I'd like to hear from any survivors....
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I don't think there could be any survivors... you would freeze to death at that altitude right? I dunno heh..

It seems it's a lack of education that is making people try this and that's sad.
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720

Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde
    I don't think there could be any survivors... you would freeze to death at that altitude right? I dunno heh..

It seems it's a lack of education that is making people try this and that's sad.
    Yes, unless the wheel well was heated, which I don't think they are. Even then, I doubt there'd be oxygen.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain