672 users online (98 members and 574 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807

    Patsy's Clothes

    Recently a poster brought up the fact that they did not believe Patsy did this crime because if she had and did it wearing the same clothes as the night before, they would have been a mess.

    I disagree with Patsy not doing it. I think she did. But this poster has a valid point - why are Patsy's clothes not more of a mess. From what I had read, her makeup was in place, etc.

    She could have come home, changed her clothes, leaving the ones she wore to the party on a chair and redressed in them in the morning. I cannot see her going through this whole night - with the stress of it all - and it is major - that it would not show on the clothes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,888

    Patsy's Clothes

    Assuming the Ramsey version of events, and that Steve Thomas' Toilet Rage theory, or some variant is correct, then its unlikely that Patsy rose in the middle of the night, redressed in the same clothes she wore to the White's simply to attend to JonBenet's toilet issue?

    So either Patsy was wearing a nightgown or similar, or she wore the same clothes all night long, otherwise in addition to the other unsavoury details regarding JonBenet's death, it may be possible to accuse Patsy of dressing to kill?

    imo Patsy dressed into those clothes after authoring the ransom note!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy
    Assuming the Ramsey version of events, and that Steve Thomas' Toilet Rage theory, or some variant is correct, then its unlikely that Patsy rose in the middle of the night, redressed in the same clothes she wore to the White's simply to attend to JonBenet's toilet issue? She probably changed into something more comfortable and then in the a.m. put the clothes she wore the day before on again.

    So either Patsy was wearing a nightgown or similar, or she wore the same clothes all night long, otherwise in addition to the other unsavoury details regarding JonBenet's death, it may be possible to accuse Patsy of dressing to kill?

    imo Patsy dressed into those clothes after authoring the ransom note!
    Yikes, UK, I think we might agree on this one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Recently a poster brought up the fact that they did not believe Patsy did this crime because if she had and did it wearing the same clothes as the night before, they would have been a mess.

    I disagree with Patsy not doing it. I think she did. But this poster has a valid point - why are Patsy's clothes not more of a mess. From what I had read, her makeup was in place, etc.

    She could have come home, changed her clothes, leaving the ones she wore to the party on a chair and redressed in them in the morning. I cannot see her going through this whole night - with the stress of it all - and it is major - that it would not show on the clothes.
    Perhaps yes perhaps no. Her clothing was extremly high quality. Also she might have had dressed for bed. Carried out the harsh night in robe or bedclothes, apply fresh makeup and put clothing back on before police arrive. Remember was it in DOI she had a memory of her mom telling her as long as the makeups fresh......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Recently a poster brought up the fact that they did not believe Patsy did this crime because if she had and did it wearing the same clothes as the night before, they would have been a mess.

    I disagree with Patsy not doing it. I think she did. But this poster has a valid point - why are Patsy's clothes not more of a mess. From what I had read, her makeup was in place, etc.

    She could have come home, changed her clothes, leaving the ones she wore to the party on a chair and redressed in them in the morning. I cannot see her going through this whole night - with the stress of it all - and it is major - that it would not show on the clothes.
    How do you explain the fibers from the clothes that she wore to the White's...and that she had on when the police arrived, being found in the paint tray...and ENTWINED in the garotte? She had to have worn those same clothes for at least PART of the staging. Maybe, she changed out of them...for most of the staging, and then changed back into them. Maybe, thats why the blue bath robe was found in the den (or living room?)....maybe she wore the clothes for part of it, and the robe for most of it.
    "This time we get it right."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares
    Perhaps yes perhaps no. Her clothing was extremly high quality. Also she might have had dressed for bed. Carried out the harsh night in robe or bedclothes, apply fresh makeup and put clothing back on before police arrive. Remember was it in DOI she had a memory of her mom telling her as long as the makeups fresh......
    Colorado: I would think in order to carry out what Patsy did that night, kill her daughter, stage the scene, we know she was there (the cellar), fibers from her sweater are on the tape and in the garrotte and the paint tray, write the note, and be up all night with this kind of stress, I would think her clothes would have at the very least had an odor to them. She has to be perspiring through all of this. But who knows, she could have taken a shower and cleaned up some, but then why put the same clothes on if she were wearing them all night. I would have changed into fresh clothes. This is the kind of $%#@ that drives you crazy.

    She must have been wearing them. But they would have to look like they had been slept in or there would have to be an odor of some sort. Detective French said she looked okay, with makeup, etc. But then again, one of us might say, she looked like she had fresh makeup on but her clothes did not look so hot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    I don't think PR ever made it to bed,or changed clothes at any point.IMO,in her haste,and under stress,she just didn't think about it.
    JR says PR was already in bed when he got there...meaning she likely never went to bed.(nor changed clothes).
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    140
    Oddly enough, this is one of those wierd things that makes me think JR, not PR, is the killer. JR showered, JR changed clothes, JR took a long time 'finding' the clothes he wore on the 25th to give LE etc. I think PR got up when JR woke her, got dressed by his instructions (maybe he even handed her the clothes from the night before to speed things along) and therefore was only wearing the clothes from about 2am onward. If she only had them on for four hours or so before the 911 call, they wouldn't have been noticeably crumpled or dirty, especially if she didn't put them on Christmas day until shortly before the party at the White's.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    How do you explain the fibers from the clothes that she wore to the White's...and that she had on when the police arrived, being found in the paint tray...and ENTWINED in the garotte? She had to have worn those same clothes for at least PART of the staging. Maybe, she changed out of them...for most of the staging, and then changed back into them. Maybe, thats why the blue bath robe was found in the den (or living room?)....maybe she wore the clothes for part of it, and the robe for most of it.
    I forgot about the blue robe.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Colorado: I would think in order to carry out what Patsy did that night, kill her daughter, stage the scene, we know she was there (the cellar), fibers from her sweater are on the tape and in the garrotte and the paint tray, write the note, and be up all night with this kind of stress, I would think her clothes would have at the very least had an odor to them. She has to be perspiring through all of this. But who knows, she could have taken a shower and cleaned up some, but then why put the same clothes on if she were wearing them all night. I would have changed into fresh clothes. This is the kind of $%#@ that drives you crazy.

    She must have been wearing them. But they would have to look like they had been slept in or there would have to be an odor of some sort. Detective French said she looked okay, with makeup, etc. But then again, one of us might say, she looked like she had fresh makeup on but her clothes did not look so hot.
    I think that Patsy had to have had on her clothes.... fibers in the garrote knot. But yet..how did the clothes look okay. Wasnt it Nedra Paugh that said if you makeup is fresh you'll look fresh....? I don't know, I know this
    I'd of looked liked a freshly painted recycled laundry model. Its the stuff that drives you nuts.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Read my quote above yours....(I think that she wore the clothes during PART of the staging, and then changed into the blue robe that was found in the den/living room...finished the staging...and then changed back into the clothes).
    "This time we get it right."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    Read my quote above yours....(I think that she wore the clothes during PART of the staging, and then changed into the blue robe that was found in the den/living room...finished the staging...and then changed back into the clothes).
    AMES. I think you are on the right path. I agree.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    But we forget: there is evidence that she never went to bed at all.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    But we forget: there is evidence that she never went to bed at all.
    I believe also, that Patsy never went to bed that night. I believe that she staged some of the coverup wearing the clothes that she wore to the White's...(that would explain her clothing fibers entwined in the garotte..and in the paint tray)...but, I believe that she realized that fibers from her clothing may be left behind, so in the rest of the staged coverup, she changed into the blue robe...and then changed back into her clothes, after the staging was completed.
    "This time we get it right."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    AMES. I think you are on the right path. I agree.
    I believe that she may have been scared that some of the fibers from her clothing may be found at the crime scene....because she changed into the robe too late. That's why I think that she put the outfit that she wore to the party, back on....to be able to explain away the fibers....which is exactly what she did, in one of her interviews. I think that during the first part of the staging....Patsy had one of those...."OH CR*P" moments. She didn't think about it, while the first part of the staging was going on, because she was in such a panic, but then later she realized...."OH CR*P....what am I DOING? Here I am...wearing the clothes that I wore to the White's Christmas party, while I am staging this coverup!!! What if some of the clothing leaves evidence? I had better change....I will change back into these clothes, so that I can explain away the clothing evidence, if any is found". "Yeah...that's what I will do". So, then she goes up and finds the blue robe and she changes. IMO
    "This time we get it right."



Similar Threads

  1. JLM's clothes
    By Emaa in forum Hannah Graham
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 08:37 AM
  2. clothes??
    By LLLindsayy in forum WS-BAY!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 05:48 PM
  3. The Clothes
    By JBean in forum Chelsea King
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 02:09 PM
  4. Patsy's clothes and Showers
    By Jayelles in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 09:44 PM
  5. If Patsy killed JBR in a rage, what does Patsy deserve?
    By GuruJosh in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 11:50 PM