This is so sweet...

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
Why isn't this all over the news?

What magnificant men we have in uniform! This little child has lost her whole family by the hands of murderous insurgents (terrorists). She was also shot in the head, but she is being treated at an American hospital in Balad, Iraq. Air Force Chief Master Sgt. John Gebhardt, of the 332nd Expiditionary Medical Group is said to be the only one who is able to calm this precious child. You see them here sleeping as he has done for the past few nights.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1763452/posts

Aww man... how sweet... I'm all teary-eyed here...

I sometimes forget the emotional stress that our troops have to deal with over there. I get all upset seeing an animal killed along the road, I wouldn't be able to deal with the suffering of these people, but our troops have to everyday.

A picture says a thousand words... at least a thousand.

Now that's what makes a man sexy to me. How absolutely wonderful...we should all be proud of our troops.

I have seen this pic in one of those e-mails that everyone circulates. Made me cry.

May God bless him!

As an Army Mom with a son in Iraq, this is the type of pictures that we should see more of. The good things that are being done.

OK, call in the troops...cause if this guy isn't taken...I want to know about it! LOL Very sweet picture! Thanks for sharing that story!

SeriouslySearching said:
OK, call in the troops...cause if this guy isn't taken...I want to know about it! LOL Very sweet picture! Thanks for sharing that story!

Sorry SeriouslySearching, he's married w/ two kiddos of his own!!! :)

2XL said:
As an Army Mom with a son in Iraq, this is the type of pictures that we should see more of. The good things that are being done.
When I see coverage of Iraq it is always bombings and evil.It is nice to see the difference that it being made. Their is so much critiscism that we do not get to see the help that the troops are giving the everyday Iraqis. I am sick of the insurgents and the cruelty they reap on the innocents who do not have a voice. To this little child this man makes a difference to her world and she would certainly give him hope as well.
I am glad I saw this because it has made a small difference to me also..

Pandora said:
Sorry SeriouslySearching, he's married w/ two kiddos of his own!!! :)
And maybe one adopted child? He's the only one who can calm her. It would be nice if he could stay part of her life, she's lost everything.

my son was stationed in iraq last year, his unit was guarding a water tower and there was a family of iraqis that lived close by, the father helped my sons unit by giving them information on insurgents when he could. the family had a little 3 yr old girl that my son became friends with, she would come to his post when he was on guard duty and they would share food. my sons unit often had to protect the family from terrorists. the father ended up missing before my son left. presumably dead
http://65.55.139.124/cgi-bin/getmsg...e982901c74ebb61ee0d5db768e576d7eeee7bbf62f994

wildTrose said:
my son was stationed in iraq last year, his unit was guarding a water tower and there was a family of iraqis that lived close by, the father helped my sons unit by giving them information on insurgents when he could. the family had a little 3 yr old girl that my son became friends with, she would come to his post when he was on guard duty and they would share food. my sons unit often had to protect the family from terrorists. the father ended up missing before my son left. presumably dead
this is the little girl http://65.55.139.124/cgi-bin/getmsg/mybestfreind.jpg?&msg=37BEE294-F6B5-4C98-9DB8-48B3BCF33430&start=0&len=81785&mimepart=5&curmbox=3ACAC3DD-BD7C-4A60-AE1B-94F4FB7F60E1&b=6e77e52e616499563bcce41fd0616225&disk=10.1.106.108_d1296&login=tertree63&domain=hotmail%2ecom&hm___sig=2a7b2e1801c74e565016abed784e336e5fb3b9d14b34f45e
Wonderful story, wildTrose. So sad that the father ended up missing. The little girl must've provided your son a nice little reprieve from the everyday horrors he must've faced there. Children can certainly be the sunshine on a dark day.

I would love to see her, but the link isn't working for me....maybe it's just my computer?

Send my thanks and appreciation to your son....

For some reason I cant get the picture to show on here. she is a cute little girl.
Yes I think this little girl helped my son not be so homesick. It was his first tme away from home at the tender age of 18 and this little girl reminded him of his neice who was about the same age at that time.
If anyone knows how to post pictures please let me know and if you want to see her Ill post her picture or i can email it to anyone who wants to see her.

wildTrose said:
For some reason I cant get the picture to show on here. she is a cute little girl.
Yes I think this little girl helped my son not be so homesick. It was his first tme away from home at the tender age of 18 and this little girl reminded him of his neice who was about the same age at that time.
If anyone knows how to post pictures please let me know and if you want to see her Ill post her picture or i can email it to anyone who wants to see her.
Thankyou for the photo and story. What a cutie that little girl is. I hope she is alright. ...
Welcome to Websleuths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back