GUILTY TX - Linoshka Torres, pregnant, 18, & Luis Campos, 20, Dallas, 6 Jan 2007

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
DALLAS - Police are searching for a pregnant woman and her 19-year-old boyfriend after they vanished Saturday in Dallas.

The couple was last seen in the 3400 block of Edgefield after they came to the home of a mechanic who had been working on their car. Since he wasn't home when they arrived, they waited around a little while until the son of the mechanic, who was inside the house, saw a car drive off that he believes the couple may have been inside.

Linoshka Torres, 18, and her boyfriend, Luis Campos, had just moved in together and the family said they were looking forward to their new baby. Torres' sisters said the two were a happy couple with no reason to take off. So, when they couldn't reach the teen, they began to fear the worst.

"It's very unlike her, very unlike her," said Michelle Torres, Linoshka's sister. "She would call us every day."

Torres, who the family said is anemic, is expecting a baby girl in just a few months and has had a complicated pregnancy.

"That's the main concern we have right now with her, because she's a little tiny girl," said Rachell Torres, Linoshka's other sister. "She only weighs, even pregnant, about 105 pounds."

When the two vanished, they left behind their cell phones, car keys and other belongings.

"I actually believe someone took them," Michelle Torres said. "I don't know what's the reason or anything. I think someone has them against their will or something."

Dallas detectives are working on the missing persons case and said they hope that evidence turns up that will lead them to the young couple.

Family and friends handed out fliers Wednesday night at Keist Park in their search for answers

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/localnews/news8/stories/wfaa070110_mo_missingcouple.294f4915.html

Moments later, police said, the son looked back out the window and saw what may have been an older-model gray or tan Chevrolet Lumina with tinted windows that had pulled up behind the Explorer.

"It was suspicious to him," Sgt. Wilson said.

What happened next is unclear.

"He's not positive they jumped into that vehicle or went into that vehicle," Sgt. Wilson said. "It drove away at a fairly normal pace, so there wasn't anything suspicious other than the totality of the circumstances."

The couple had vanished, leaving behind their cellphones and keys in the ignition

more:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/013107dnmetmissing.1a22fdd.html

This one is very odd. Someone took them for the baby?

This happened 3 weeks ago according to the article. I wonder what happened to them. Could it be they owed the car mechanic money for fixing his car and they didnt have any? I don't know just weird that they would just disapear a pregnant lady and her man at the same time. And for no reason? Don't make sense really.

Dallas police have started using a cadaver dog as their search for a missing couple intensifies.

Luis Campos, 20, and his pregnant girlfriend, 18-year-old Linoshka Torres, disappeared Jan. 6 from a central Oak Cliff driveway. The two were waiting for a mechanic to come home in the 3300 block of Edgefield Avenue when they went missing, leaving their cellphones in their vehicle and the keys in the ignition.

more:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/020207dnmetmissing.1385fc3.html

legal? illegal? coyote debt.....???

Thank you mistivon for keeping us updated. This sounds grim. If it was Luis and Linoshka and their baby this is just awful news. Prayers for their loving families.

Lion

mistivon said:
doesn't look good:

Authorities on Friday found two bodies in an area of the Trinity River near Dowdy Ferry Road in Southeast Dallas.

There was no confirmation that the discovery was linked to the search for a pregnant woman and her boyfriend who have been missing since January 6

more:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/localnews/news8/stories/wfaa070202_wz_missingcouple.43f30f9d.html

reb said:
Do you ask this everytime someone doesn't have an American sounding name? It sure seems to me you do.

i am just heartsick over this one. a theory is that it is a case of mistaken identity. i personally suspect the car mechanic or his son.

Police on Friday arrested one person and named another in relation to the disappearance and possible slaying of a missing Duncanville couple.

Officials said they were looking for Nicholas Monarrez, 30, whom they said is 5 feet 7 inches tall and 250 pounds.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/10912891/detail.html

updated.gif
Police say the bodies found in an area of the Trinity River near Dowdy Ferry Road in Southeast Dallas on Friday are most probably those of a couple missing since Jan. 6.

Officers searched the area after a tip. They said the bodies had been dumped over a bridge.

Police have at least one person in custody and all looking for other potential suspects to question.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa070202_wz_missingcouple.43f30f9d.html

For some, there was a flood of grief. Others desperately clung to hope despite the growing likelihood of tragedy.

After 27 days of waiting and worrying, relatives of Luis Campos and Linoshka Torres received a dreaded call from police Friday morning – the investigation into the couple's disappearance had led to the discovery of two bodies in southeast Dallas County.

Later in the day, police identified an at-large suspect who they say kidnapped the young man and his pregnant girlfriend in central Oak Cliff on Jan. 6. They had another suspect in custody on unrelated charges. Police found the bodies about 11 a.m. under a bridge off Dowdy Ferry Road near Interstate 45. They were unclothed. No details were released on the cause of death.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-missing_03met.ART.North.Edition1.29b0dec.html

i am glad they have one suspect in custody and know the other they are looking for. still want to interview the mechanic and his son. these were good kids. the young woman was a volunteer at the salvation army and the children she cared for there are asking for her. such a shame. my prayers for the family and that justice will be served in this case.

izzyB said:
i am glad they have one suspect in custody and know the other they are looking for. still want to interview the mechanic and his son. these were good kids. the young woman was a volunteer at the salvation army and the children she cared for there are asking for her. such a shame. my prayers for the family and that justice will be served in this case.
---------------------------
OMG this is another soooo sad case.My prayers are with the families..I hope they get whoever did this to such a nice couple.

reb said:
-------------
At this point does it matter? They are a nice young couple who are DEAD.

it DOES matter.. because we better get used to this happening all the time if we are just going to ignore the problem.. or pretend it doesn't matter.
don't we want to understand why people are murdered so we can prevent it?

reb said:
it DOES matter.. because we better get used to this happening all the time if we are just going to ignore the problem.. or pretend it doesn't matter.
don't we want to understand why people are murdered so we can prevent it?
let's not judge until we know more about the case. or the people....
snooty.gif

I was so hoping that this story wouldn't have this kind of an ending. I wonder what in the world happened? Why were the bodies naked when they were found. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. This must have happened really quick. I wonder who knew that the couple were waiting to pick up their car at the mechanics house? Does LE think that him and his son were involved? I wonder who they got a tip from and how they knew where the bodies were? So many questions and no answers. Just a sad thing to have happen to this young couple who didn't seem to be bothering anyone.

The worst fears of the families of Luis Campos and Linoshka Torres were confirmed Saturday night.

Detectives notified the families that the two bodies discovered Friday in southeast Dallas County were those of the Dallas couple who went missing in central Oak Cliff on Jan. 6.

Reached by phone, both families said they were devastated by the finality of the news. "Right now, my mind is blank," said Ms. Torres' mother, Francia De La Rosa.

Guzman Jorge Banda, whom police had been questioning in the case, was arrested and jailed on suspicion of capital murder. A second suspect remains at large, and authorities believe others may have been involved. The unclothed bodies were found Friday morning under a bridge off Dowdy Ferry Road near Interstate 45. Authorities believe that the couple died of blunt force injuries and that they were killed the day they disappeared

more:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-missing_04met.ART.State.Edition1.296631e.html

A second suspect has been taken into custody in Anaheim, Calif., in the slayings of a missing Dallas couple whose bodies were found Friday.

Frank Estrella, 20, was arrested at his mother’s home early Sunday, police said. He was being held on $1 million bail, pending extradition back to Dallas.

Guzman Jorge Banda, whom police had been questioning in the case, remained in the Dallas County jail on suspicion of capital murder. A third suspect remains at large.

The bodies of Luis Campos and Linoshka Torres were discovered in southeast Dallas County. They were last seen in central Oak Cliff on Jan. 6.

Detectives notified the families on Saturday evening that they had officially determined that the bodies were those of the missing couple.

The unclothed bodies were found Friday morning under a bridge off Dowdy Ferry Road near Interstate 45. Authorities believe that the couple died of blunt force injuries and that they were killed the day they disappeared.

The disappearance of Ms. Torres, 18, and Mr. Campos, 20, had mystified police and their families for nearly a month. The pair, expecting their first child in April, did not have criminal records, and nothing made them obvious targets of crime

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/020507dnmetarrest.4eed72e5.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back