735 users online (73 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

RIP Sidney Sheldon

LOS ANGELES - Sidney Sheldon, who won awards in three careers — Broadway theater, movies and television — then at age 50 turned to writing best-selling novels about stalwart women who triumph in a hostile world of ruthless men, has died. He was 89.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070131/ap_en_tv/obit_sheldon

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Rest in Peace Sheldon... I read almost every one of his books and adored his TV shows growing up. One very talented man.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Oh no, so sorry, one of my favorite authors!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Did he write The Other Side Of Midnight? We saw that movie on TV a long time ago--great soap opera movie,with John Beck and that French actress

I've read many of his books, he had a long, rich and fullfilling life and will live on in everything he left for us!

VB

I've read every book of his since the very first one. My son is named after him....Sheldon. (A girl would have been Sidney)

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    Did he write The Other Side Of Midnight? We saw that movie on TV a long time ago--great soap opera movie,with John Beck and that French actress
    Yes he did, very good story!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    I've read every book of his since the very first one. My son is named after him....Sheldon. (A girl would have been Sidney)

RIP

That is neat Sadie!

I didnt realize he wrote the series "I Dream of Jeannie"
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

I love his books ... RIP Sidney and prayers for your family...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Thanks SadieMae for confirming that

awwwwwww sad news! I love his books. Recently on a trip I bought a book of his I hadn't seen before...I got halfway thru it when I realized it was his biography! he had written it totally different from other's biography's I've read. Until I read the book I didn't realize he did "I Dream of Jeanie" either.
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162