LOCATION OF INCIDENT: Williams Field and Val Vista, Gilbert, AZ

REPORT NUMBER: 07-000001810

PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER: Lt. Joe Ruet / Sgt. Andrew Duncan

PIO CONTACT NUMBER: (602) 208-8319 pager

MEDIA WEB PAGE
www.ci.gilbert.az.us/pdmedia

Gilbert Woman Reported Missing by Family

Jackie Hartman – Missing Person
GILBERT, Ariz. – A Gilbert woman, Jacquelan Hartman (19), was last seen on Sunday, January 28th at about 1:00 a.m. and has been listed as a missing person. Jacquelan Hartman, known as "Jackie" to her friends, was last seen when she left her Gilbert home to meet a friend in the area of Williams Field and Val Vista late Saturday night / early Sunday morning. Jackie’s family reported this is unlike their daughter to be gone over night and her disappearance is very uncharacteristic.

Jackie Hartman is described as Caucasian, 5 feet 7 inches tall, about 175 pounds, with blue eyes and shoulder-length brown hair with blonde highlights. Jackie Hartman was last seen wearing a white "baby doll" type blouse with a tan sweater, blue jeans and white flip-flops.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Gilbert Police Department at (480) 503-6500.

http://www.ci.gilbert.az.us/pdmedia/

clip_image002_000.jpg

A 25-year-old felon has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault after police found a missing Gilbert woman's bullet-ridden, torn clothing in a dumpster near his home, according to court documents.

According to her family, Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman, 19, was on her first date when she was reported missing early Sunday morning.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0131gr-arrest0131Z12.html

Good morning Sassy:). Thank you for the update. Oh. This is looking very grim. I just don't even know what to say.

Lion

Sassygerl said:
A 25-year-old felon has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault after police found a missing Gilbert woman's bullet-ridden, torn clothing in a dumpster near his home, according to court documents.

According to her family, Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman, 19, was on her first date when she was reported missing early Sunday morning.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0131gr-arrest0131Z12.html

She is likely dead. Gilbert overall is a really nice community with a very low crime rate. This woman was dating this man it seems.

You can go to www.maricopa.gov or www.azcorrections.com and look up anyone. Maybe some people are not as nosey as me but I look up everyone that is involved in my life in any way to determine whether or not they fit in my life. Especially since I have a 2 year old to look after.

Hikers added to search for teen

Police are asking that hikers and backpackers be vigilant this week in aiding their search of a 19-year-old Gilbert girl that was reported missing Sunday.

Police expanded their search on Wednesday for Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman. Hartman has not been seen since a Saturday night date with 25-year-old Ian Burns of Gilbert.

Burns was arrested and charged on Monday for one count of sexual assault. Sgt. Andrew Duncan said that police are now seeking to add a charge of kidnapping against Burns.

and
What police are looking for is anyone that may have seen any red pickup truck traveling on Highway 87, Shea Boulevard, or any remote location. Duncan said.

According to Duncan, police are still searching for evidence, and holding out hope that Hartman is alive.

"We want the family to know that there is hope out there," Duncan said.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0131abrk-jhupdate0131-ON.html

GILBERT, Ariz. The man suspected of kidnapping and raping a Gilbert woman met her at a gas station days before her disappearance.

That's according to a co-worker of the missing woman.

Daniel Smith says he warned 19-year-old Jackie Hartman to be careful of the man, and she asked him to keep the relationship a secret.

Smith and Hartman worked together at Banner Baywood Hospital.

Hartman has been missing since early Sunday when she was out with 25-year-old Jonathan Burns.

Burns was arrested Monday night on suspicion of kidnapping and raping Hartman. Police are continuing to search for Hartman.

They're treating her disappearance as a homicide.

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=6021134&nav=HMO6

Police resumed Thursday their Sunflower-area search for a 19-year-old Gilbert woman missing since Sunday. Meanwhile, police say they are filing an additional kidnapping charge against a Mesa man arrested in connection with the case.

Investigators have been looking for Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman and evidence near the town along Arizona 87 since about 8:30 a.m., said Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a Gilbert police spokesman. Weather cut short Wednesday's search.

Cell phone tracking lead them to the area and police plan to be searching there for the next few days, Duncan said. A large contingent of sheriff's posse members is expected to aid in the search this weekend, he added.

Hartman was last seen with Jonathan Ian Burns early Sunday while on a date with him. Burns was arrested Monday on suspicion of sexual assault after he admitted having sex with Hartman and police found purse, sandals and torn clothing with bullet-like holes in a dumpster near his residence.

It had originally been reported that police were still searching for Burns' red Ford F-150 pickup truck. However, the truck was impounded and seized with evidence when Burns was arrested, Duncan said.What police are looking for is anyone that may have seen any red pickup truck traveling on Highway 87, Shea Boulevard, or any remote location. Duncan said. According to Duncan, police are still searching for evidence, and holding out hope that Hartman is alive."We want the family to know that there is hope out there," Duncan said Wednesday

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0201gr-missing0201-ON.html

this is just so sad

The first report said that Jackie left her home around 1:00 a.m. to go meet someone. Evidentally it was to meet with this Ian Burns. I wonder why they were meeting at 1:00 in the morning? That doesn't sound like they were on a date to me. I also wonder why she wanted to keep her involvement with this guy a secret...that is what she told her co-worker when he warned her about this guy. It's sad that she didn't listen to what her co-worker had to say about Ian. Evidentally the co-worker knew what he was talking about. If Jackie wanted to keep her involvement with Ian a secret she must have known that he wasn't the cream of the crop.

Odd that Ian would throw Jackie's belongings in a dumpster right by his home. That was pretty dumb. Maybe he thought no one would know that they had even been together that night so no one would be looking at him.
I'll bet she isn't far from that dumpster. It seems if he had taken her away from his home he would have taken her belongings with him and gotten rid of them further away too. I'd be checking out his yard and the area around his home for a fresh dug grave. If her clothes were bullet ridden it is unlikely that she is alive somewhere. Really a sad situation.

SUNFLOWER, Ariz. Hundreds of people are expected to turn out today to search for a missing 19-year-old Gilbert woman.

Jackie Hartman has been missing since Sunday and is believe to be dead.

Today, nearly 600 people, including the Hartman family, their friends and police will look for the woman near Sycamore Creek and Saguaro Lake, just off Highway 87.

Hartman's father has been organizing daily searches for his daughter. He says they're "starting to eliminate areas."

Police think a 25-year-old ex-con kidnapped, raped and possibly killed Hartman early Sunday morning.

Court records say the two were acquaintances and were together during that time
http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=6032722

An extensive search of a mountainous area northeast of Phoenix yielded no new clues in the disappearance of a Gilbert woman.

Gilbert Police spokesman Andrew Duncan says there were no big developments after eight hours of searching on Saturday.

19-year-old Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman was reported missing Sunday. She has not been heard from since a Saturday night date with 25-year-old Jonathan Burns, also of Gilbert.

more:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0203hartman-ON.html

My husbands cousin works with the forest service and she is part of the search and rescue team.

In all liklihood this woman is dead, and I wonder when the DA will charge him with murder? Even though they have no body, the evidence so far leads to homicide.

I wish he would be man enough to tell LE where her body is. I wonder if they took his vehicle and searched his home for evidence? I hope so. Are they even looking around his home or at least in that area? He obviously took her clothes off after he shot her several times. That is kind of odd. I wouldn't think that he would take her naked body to far away to dispose of it.

Hidden among the saguaro and paloverde, volunteers skirted the highway and scanned the sides of dirt roads and trails on foot, dirt bikes, ATVs and horseback.

In addition to the clothing, they sought signs of damaged vegetation and truck tracks.

Hartman, a 19-year-old nursing student at Chandler-Gilbert Community College, has now been missing for one week.

Gilbert police believe she was kidnapped and raped by 25-year-old Ian Burns, who was arrested Monday after police found Hartman’s bulletridden, blood-stained shirt and other items in a Chandler trash bin near Burns’ home

more:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=83483

Could he have put her in a different dumpster in his complex? For the life of me, I just do not understand why this guy would murder this young girl. He probably told her to keep it a secret from her friends; and that's why she told her friend to keep it quiet. What a sick individual. I also hope that he reveals what he did with the girl, but I don't think that he will unless they offer him a deal.

Ugh...scum of the earth. I'm sure she rebuffed his sexual advances and he just got pissed off.

Anyone have a picture of this scum?

I looked him up on the Arizona Supreme Court Records Search
http://www.supreme.state.az.us/publicaccess/notification/partylist.asp?id=

He has a burglary charge, trafficking stolen property and promoting prison contraband.

I wish every girl would check their local county/state records before they date a guy! I'm sure if she would have known he had a record she would not agree to date him!!

Edit: I just found two more...he has a couple of arson charges...

Wonder if this has to do with where her body can be found :(

nanandjim said:
Could he have put her in a different dumpster in his complex? For the life of me, I just do not understand why this guy would murder this young girl. He probably told her to keep it a secret from her friends; and that's why she told her friend to keep it quiet. What a sick individual. I also hope that he reveals what he did with the girl, but I don't think that he will unless they offer him a deal.

I hope that they checked out any dumpsters in the area besides the one her belongings were found in. No, he probably won't tell them where her body is as that would really nail him in court. Hopfully they will find her. I wonder if they have even looked around the area that he lives and why they are searching where they are...maybe a tip or something?

JodieRenee, I am a nosey person by nature. I check EVERYONE out. Arizona has much of this online. More people should do the same, especially people with children. A long time ago I did a google search on this guy I was dating out of state, and found a newspaper article on him. He had been in prison. He had a not so common italian name, so he was easier to find.

www.maricopa.gov

www.azcorrections.gov

http://www.supreme.state.az.us/publicaccess/notification/search.asp

You would be really surprised what you can find out about people.

Gilbert police today served a second search warrant at the home of a man suspected in the disappearance of a 19-year-old woman.

Police searched the Mesa home of Jonathan Ian Burns in the 2500 block of West Kilarea Avenue. He is accused in the disappearance of Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman, who was last seen Jan. 28 on a date with Burns.

Burns, 25, was arrested Jan. 29 on suspicion of sexual assault after police found Hartman's torn clothing with bulletlike holes in a dumpster near his Mesa residence. Police later added a kidnapping charge in connection with Hartman's disappearance.

Police searched last weekend for Hartman near Sunflower, along Arizona 87. Authorities had said earlier this week that they were considering extending the search to the Four Peaks area

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0208gr-disappearance08-ON.html

A man held in connection with the disappearance of a 19-year-old woman has been indicted on first-degree murder and other charges, the Maricopa County Attorney's Office announced Friday.

Jonathan Ian Burns, 25, of Mesa, faces four counts, including first degree murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and misconduct involving weapons. Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman, of Gilbert, has not been seen since Jan. 28, while on a date with Burns.

The announcement comes a day after Gilbert police served a second search warrant at Burns' residence in the 2500 block of West Kilarea Avenue

more:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0209MissingWoman09-ON.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk