Fullwood Murder similar to Ramsey Murder?

RiverRat

Patsy Ramsey to the Left
Reaction score
Snippets from: Are the Fullwood's -- North Port's Ramsey's?

Family of slain girl may live forever under the veil of suspicion

SARASOTA -- "Do you see what they are doing here?" attorney Debra Salisbury said after the visitation hearing of the Fullwoods.

"I think to myself, if somebody took one of my children out of my house and murdered my child, don't take my other child," Salisbury said. "You don't leave me under the veil of suspicion like in JonBenét Ramsey's case, forever. And that's where (The Fullwood family) may be heading."

Salisbury compared what is happening to Ellen-Beth Fullwood, and her client, Dale Fullwood, to what the Ramseys were going through in the death of their child.

Ellen-Beth and Dale Fullwood are the parents of 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood, who was found slain on Sept. 17 in a construction site two blocks from her Calabash Lane home in North Port. Police have not made any arrests in the case, nor have they ruled out the family members as suspects.

Ellen-Beth's parents, Saul and Doreen VanderWoude, of Fort Myers, were given temporary custody of the four Fullwood children on Sept. 19. At a visitation hearing Wednesday, a circuit court granted Ellen-Beth her motion for unsupervised visitation of her remaining children. The court denied Dale's request.

The Ramsey case

On Dec. 26, 1996, 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey was found murdered in the basement of her Boulder, Colo. home after a ransom was apparently demanded.

In that case, police, media, experts and the parents had different theories. Boulder Police believed that her mother may have accidentally killed JonBenét in a fit of rage after the girl had wet her bed on the same night.

Another theory was that John Ramsey, father of JonBenét, may have sexually abused her and murdered her to cover up his crime. John Ramsey's young son, Burke, was also a target of speculation. However, police never suspected anyone outside of the family. And yet, according to public records, JonBenét's parents showed no signs of aggression or suspicious behavior towards their children, nor did they have criminal records.

The Ramseys stated repeatedly that an outsider committed the crime.

The case is still unsolved, and even after the death of Patsy Ramsey, JonBenét's mother, her father has not been dismissed as a suspect.

North Port's Coralrose case

Based on what little information has been released, and testimony heard at Wednesday's hearing, Salisbury said she is frustrated by the NPPD, because the suspicion of her client, and that of Ellen-Beth, may never end.

Four months after North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis said there was no evidence that Coralrose was sexually assaulted, he announced that she was, based on subsequent analysis of evidence. Lewis also said police found DNA and it was not from a family member. Lewis also came up with a DNA profile, claiming it was that of an "unknown white male."

Lewis would not say where the DNA sample came from. However, in the JonBenét case, police found DNA samples in a mixed blood sample found on the child's underwear.

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsstory.cfm?pubdate=012607&story=tp5ch10.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

RiverRat said:
Snippets from: Are the Fullwood's -- North Port's Ramsey's?

Family of slain girl may live forever under the veil of suspicion

SARASOTA -- "Do you see what they are doing here?" attorney Debra Salisbury said after the visitation hearing of the Fullwoods.

"I think to myself, if somebody took one of my children out of my house and murdered my child, don't take my other child," Salisbury said. "You don't leave me under the veil of suspicion like in JonBenét Ramsey's case, forever. And that's where (The Fullwood family) may be heading."

Salisbury compared what is happening to Ellen-Beth Fullwood, and her client, Dale Fullwood, to what the Ramseys were going through in the death of their child.

Ellen-Beth and Dale Fullwood are the parents of 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood, who was found slain on Sept. 17 in a construction site two blocks from her Calabash Lane home in North Port. Police have not made any arrests in the case, nor have they ruled out the family members as suspects.

Ellen-Beth's parents, Saul and Doreen VanderWoude, of Fort Myers, were given temporary custody of the four Fullwood children on Sept. 19. At a visitation hearing Wednesday, a circuit court granted Ellen-Beth her motion for unsupervised visitation of her remaining children. The court denied Dale's request.

The Ramsey case

On Dec. 26, 1996, 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey was found murdered in the basement of her Boulder, Colo. home after a ransom was apparently demanded.

In that case, police, media, experts and the parents had different theories. Boulder Police believed that her mother may have accidentally killed JonBenét in a fit of rage after the girl had wet her bed on the same night.

Another theory was that John Ramsey, father of JonBenét, may have sexually abused her and murdered her to cover up his crime. John Ramsey's young son, Burke, was also a target of speculation. However, police never suspected anyone outside of the family. And yet, according to public records, JonBenét's parents showed no signs of aggression or suspicious behavior towards their children, nor did they have criminal records.

The Ramseys stated repeatedly that an outsider committed the crime.

The case is still unsolved, and even after the death of Patsy Ramsey, JonBenét's mother, her father has not been dismissed as a suspect.

North Port's Coralrose case

Based on what little information has been released, and testimony heard at Wednesday's hearing, Salisbury said she is frustrated by the NPPD, because the suspicion of her client, and that of Ellen-Beth, may never end.

Four months after North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis said there was no evidence that Coralrose was sexually assaulted, he announced that she was, based on subsequent analysis of evidence. Lewis also said police found DNA and it was not from a family member. Lewis also came up with a DNA profile, claiming it was that of an "unknown white male."

Lewis would not say where the DNA sample came from. However, in the JonBenét case, police found DNA samples in a mixed blood sample found on the child's underwear.

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsstory.cfm?pubdate=012607&story=tp5ch10.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

I personally don't see a connection, other than their ages (6 Years). Coralrose was found two blocks away from her home at a construction site...JB was found down the stairs and in the basement of her own home. (Who kidnaps a kid and kills them in their OWN HOME...with the parents and a sibling sleeping not that far away? The parents....thats who. IMO)

Ames said:
I personally don't see a connection, other than their ages (6 Years). Coralrose was found two blocks away from her home at a construction site...JB was found down the stairs and in the basement of her own home. (Who kidnaps a kid and kills them in their OWN HOME...with the parents and a sibling sleeping not that far away? The parents....thats who. IMO)
No long-winded,ridiculous rambling ransom note obviously written by the mother,either.

Since the dad was not granted visitation,could be him then?Sounds like they don't suspect the mother.

JMO8778 said:
No long-winded,ridiculous rambling ransom note obviously written by the mother,either.

Since the dad was not granted visitation,could be him then?Sounds like they don't suspect the mother.

Yeah, since the article compared that case with the JB Ramsey case...I kept thinking that I was going to read where 6 year old Coralrose was found in the basement of her parents home, a three page ransom letter was found....and she was murdered under her parent's and brother's noses. I saw no comparison...except for maybe one of the parents killed JB AND Coralrose.

Ames said:
..and she was murdered under her parent's and brother's noses. I saw no comparison...except for maybe one of the parents killed JB AND Coralrose.

Yep.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back