1313 users online (260 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

Town to immigrants: you can't kill women

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070131/...RpBHNlYwM3NTc-

halle-freakin'-luyah!!
    it's about time we westerners stood up and laid down some basic ground rules for civilized human behavior (publically)!

in other words, if you want to treat women like cattle/your private property/your personal punching bag (and women, if you want to be treated as such by the men you live around)-- then feel free to stay in your own country, since you all seem to find that acceptable. but let it be known that we will NOT tolerate it here. it's so sad that we have to spell this out, in the 21st century! but it's long overdue and it needs to be said, some people have to be taught from ground zero, how to act like civilized human beings.
    so now, not only are they offended by every little thing.. but now they are also offended by us saying we are sick of them being offended by every little thing... and that we do not find it acceptable to stone or torture women in public. oh wait.. how racist of us,, creating stereotypes out of nowhere, and being intolerant of their "ancient ethnic and cultural traditions"...... LOL

I find it very disturbing that this even had to be said.

Immigrants wishing to live in the small Canadian town of Herouxville, Quebec, must not stone women to death in public, burn them alive or throw acid on them, according to an extraordinary set of rules released by the local council.

And the people who are upset by it? Are they joking?

yes, they are upset by westerners' stereotyping of them. well, DUH and double-duh,, where do you think we got these crazy ideas from in the FIRST place?? reality, maybe?? don't blame us,, WE didn't make it up!!

OMG are you serious? Who are these immigrants living in Canada that burn their women alive and throw acid? Man alive that is horrible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom
    I find it very disturbing that this even had to be said.

Immigrants wishing to live in the small Canadian town of Herouxville, Quebec, must not stone women to death in public, burn them alive or throw acid on them, according to an extraordinary set of rules released by the local council.

And the people who are upset by it? Are they joking?

so 59 per cent of Quebec population say they have some racist feelings sometime? I guess the other 41 per cent were lying, because just about everybody has some racist or anti-immigration feelings at some point--That's just human nature---Here in the USA, the Irish were seen as lowlifes when they immigrated here in the 1840's and 1850's--They were called "Micks", then the German "Orangutangs" arrived later,which upset people,then the Italian "Dagos' arrived---and then the polish "polaks" and other eastern Europeans arrived--Then people from India,Middle East and Cuba and Mexico and Haiti--Assimilation is never easy, but it usually works if you give it a chance--but privately almost everybody has a prejudiced thought now and then

In France, 40 per cent of French people say there are too many blacks in their country and 70 per cent say there are too many Arabs in their country--So much for Liberty Equality Fraternity--and many blacks have been murdered in Germany and Russia and also some Eastern European soccer fans,the entire stadiums call Black soccer players "monkeys"--incredibly racist---and I'm pretty sure the Australians appreciation of Muslims has been tested with the trouble they've been having with them down there recently--Intolerance is a world-wide problem but hopefully things will get better and not worse

Hi Peter......Ive been going to post news articles on the muslim problems we have had lately....I didnt bother because I didnt think they would generate much interest....but its safe to say that Australians have had enough and we want our country back.

The interesting thing about this to me is that it is the Muslims who are up in arms about it, but many of the actual incidents that led to the new rule are Hasidic Jews.

Why did the Muslims get so defensive? Did it hit a little close to home?

I can agree with this, lol! There is some common sense in the world after all!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

yeah, what gets me is that whenever there is some "are YOU racist??" poll, they never do specify who they were polling. people always assume it's the big, bad, evil white people.. they never even think that many (or, most? ) of those admitting negative feelings towards another race could very well be black, hispanic, muslim, jewish, asian, indian, etc. etc. etc. come on, people... it is natural to have things you don't like about other cultures and races.. can we get real here??? especially when they tend to engage in some kind of negative behavior to an extremely consistent degree. i can't stand this forced, touchy-feely "OK now.. we must all be friends" fakeness. when are we really going to have a REAL dialogue? when can we speak the truth without being censored? i am so f*ing sick of this everyone-being-offended-all-the-time crap. we have backed ourselves into an impossible corner trying to be so damn PC all the time.. we are going to "PC" ourselves out of existence!!!

About the OP -

Yes, you kind of have to stay in your own country if you want to continue practices that most of the world has outlawed and viewed as savage. You'd think that would be more apparent.
    We walk, and our true character is shown in how we
    walk. Living in this world means choosing, and
    the way we choose to walk is infallibly and
    perfectly expressed in the walk itself.

WWBD?

jessiebell, how intolerant and positively racist of you to say that! now you go sign up for our "celebrate diversity- OR ELSE" reprogramming class,, right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    jessiebell, how intolerant and positively racist of you to say that! now you go sign up for our "celebrate diversity- OR ELSE" reprogramming class,, right now!!!
    Even us liberals have our limits!
    We walk, and our true character is shown in how we
    walk. Living in this world means choosing, and
    the way we choose to walk is infallibly and
    perfectly expressed in the walk itself.

WWBD?

and adding to my previous post,who can forget the Japanese Prime minister about ten year ago when he stated, "The US would be an even greater economic power if it wasn't for all the blacks and Puerto Ricans"--incredibly racist and this is from a politician who's supposed to be diplomatic!--There is prejudice everywhere in the world