Molly Ivins Dies at Age 62

HeartofTexas

Reaction score
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Best-selling author and columnist Molly Ivins, the sharp-witted liberal who skewered the political establishment and referred to President Bush as "Shrub," died Wednesday after a long battle with breast cancer. She was 62.

David Pasztor, managing editor of the Texas Observer, confirmed her death.

D8N0J0FO0_preview.jpg
The writer, who made a living poking fun at Texas politicians, whether they were in her home base of Austin or the White House, revealed in early 2006 that she was being treated for breast cancer for the third time.

Her death saddens me... she was wonderfully witty and had a great way with words.

Me, too. It seems as if I've been reading her columns forever.

HeartofTexas said:
Her death saddens me... she was wonderfully witty and had a great way with words.
I agree. I loved her sense of humor and enjoyed reading her columns. She died way too young. I didn't realize she had breast cancer.

I didn't either, LJWF. And she had it three times. I guess when it came back this last time, the writing was on the wall. Very sad. She leaves behind a wonderful legacy of political humor that will stand up well against the test of time.

Oh, no! Molly Ivins had actual wit (which is humor combined with truth)! Very, very rare indeed!

I've read her for years and loved her. Would loved to have known her..........
Too young to die............

May She Rest in Peace!
Lord................Molly was funny!

xxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Love_Mama said:
I've read her for years and loved her. Would loved to have known her..........
Too young to die............

May She Rest in Peace!
Lord................Molly was funny!

xxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
God, wouldn't a Girls' Night Out with Molly have been a hoot?

ljwf22 said:
God, wouldn't a Girls' Night Out with Molly have been a hoot?

Yeah, but why should us guys be excluded?

Can you think of any other columnist who can write like Molly? Who could possibly replace her?

Maureen Dowd is good, but nobody compares to Molly. There will definitely be a void.

She had inflammatory breast cancer - which is a real bugger.

I didn't realize until reading her biography that her father killed himself when he had cancer.

Otherwise, she grew up in River Oaks, Houston and was well educated. (Smith College). She worked at alot of major newspapers before coming back to Texas to write.

Boy, I'll miss her honest, witty and spot -on writing.

This is so sad! I love her wit. I'd recently read that she put her column on hold due to breast cancer treatment, but I didn't know it was so far advanced. They ran her columns this month! Ellen Goodman is a possible replacement, but not as funny as Molly. RIP Molly, you'll be missed by us Liberals!

I'm not a liberal nor anything else - just a person - and I will miss her wit.

Rest In Peace, Molly.

Noooooo, I'm so sad to hear this. I started calling George W, Shrub because of her. May she rest in peace. :angel:

Rest In Peace, Molly! (But if you don't want to...please go back and haunt the Shrub! We will be watching for his pen to go flying thru the air at the next signing of documents to thwart world peace!)

That was good. I got a laugh out of it. :laugh:

SeriouslySearching said:
Rest In Peace, Molly! (But if you don't want to...please go back and haunt the Shrub! We will be watching for his pen to go flying thru the air at the next signing of documents to thwart world peace!)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back