Crazy Pills

You and me both wish Michelle:D ....I know this is proberly very serious to the people affected.......but I cant help finding it bloody hilarious:D

dingo said:
You and me both wish Michelle:D ....I know this is proberly very serious to the people affected.......but I cant help finding it bloody hilarious:D
I know It is funny. I have a list of things I would like a pill to do.:D And most of them involve some kind of cleaning.

I took these for sleeping ages ago.I had no crazy things go on........:p

dingo said:
Are you sure Kazz:)
LOL. I wonder if anyone posting here has taken them and had things happen? I never take sleeping pills for fear of doing something crazy.

I dont need the pills to do crazy things:D

This is the ONLY sleeping pill that helps my insomnia (it's Ambien in the states).....but only if I take it like once a week. Any more than that and I'm practically climbing the walls two hours after taking it.

Is that climbing the walls.... or painting the doors Lisa:p

I was going to say Ambien gets similar reports!

I took it for a while and I never did anything fun or interesting.

I would kill for a pill that made me clean the house in my sleep.

michelle said:
I know It is funny. I have a list of things I would like a pill to do.:D And most of them involve some kind of cleaning.
Ooops! Sorry Michelle - I must have taken an Ambien when I read your post and forgotten you had already said what I posted! :D

My 29yo daughter was given Ambien for a couple of years due to her RA and inability to sleep. We found she was getting up in the middle of the night and writing emails to various people (including her ex-bf)! She had NO IDEA until we started showing them to her with her horrid spelling and broken phrases. Some made no sense at all! She even got up and tried to cook, but my other daughter found her and stopped her! She was sound asleep! Her MD immediately changed her medication and as far as we know...the episodes stopped. She never showed signs of sleepwalking in the past.

Jessiebell said:
Ooops! Sorry Michelle - I must have taken an Ambien when I read your post and forgotten you had already said what I posted! :D
LOL, We all want the same thing dont we? :crazy:

Wow, that's the first I've heard about Ambien doing that. Well if I ever do something stupid and crazy I know a great excuse to use! :D

SadieMae said:
Wow, that's the first I've heard about Ambien doing that. Well if I ever do something stupid and crazy I know a great excuse to use! :D
Next time I make DH mad I know what I am blaming it on if PMS dont work.;)

michelle said:
LOL. I wonder if anyone posting here has taken them and had things happen? I never take sleeping pills for fear of doing something crazy.

Like Lisa and Jessie, I've taken Ambien. Took it off and on for years. Nothing exciting to report.

But if it had made me do chores, my partner would be dropping pills into my dinner.

:laugh:
Nova said:
Like Lisa and Jessie, I've taken Ambien. Took it off and on for years. Nothing exciting to report.

But if it had made me do chores, my partner would be dropping pills into my dinner.
lol.....If it made me do certain things, DH would be slipping it to me.:hand: :blushing:

I thought we had a thread about Ambien several months ago.

I have had insomnia since I was 12 years old and have tried all kinds of medications... some so strong that I'd sleep for 16-18 hrs and piss the bed.. by the time I was 15 I was addicted to pills. Any pills- so long as it had the little orange sticker on it that stated the medicine "May cause drowsiness".

When my Bipolar is under control and I'm stable, Benadryl works fine for putting me to sleep but when I'm manic or "out of wack" in any way I have to take stronger things such as Halcion, Seroquel or Thorazine in order to sleep and stop the cycling.

About a year ago we (My Pdoc and I) decided to try me on new sleep medicines because I tend to like the buzz from Narcotics and I'd really rather not have them in my possession (I'm an addict, what can I say? LOL). Sonata, Ambien and Lunesta (The hypnotic class of sleep meds rather than the Narcotic, "addictive" type)were on the list of the new sleep meds I tried.

None of them made me tired or gave me a "buzz" and because of that, I'd be unable to fall asleep. What they did do was make me black out. I had mornings where I'd wake up with my husband mentioning what a great job I did cleaning up the house before I went to bed... I had dreams that were SO vivid that I honestly did not know that they were only dreams- I thought I'd actually done what I'd dreamed.

I recall reading a story one time about a husband who killed his wife while walking in his sleep (he was on Halcion for sleep) and he had NO memory of it. I doubted the story at the time but since my Ambien issues I often wonder if perhaps he truley had no idea!

Blah blah blah... anyway- I went off the Ambien because although I'm not a violent or irresponsible person, I was afraid I'd end up driving or doing something crazy while I was in a black out from it.

dingo said:
Is that climbing the walls.... or painting the doors Lisa:p
Oh, it would be way too convenient to have a side effect that actually helps me accomplish something! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back