660 users online (90 members and 570 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond
    Anything new here? I remember reading about Robin's disappearance in the local newspaper (The Asbury Park Press) when she first disappeared.

I am wondering about this one too. There is now a website devoted to the Doe: http://coldcase.squarespace.com/case...an-in-the-woo/ and also a new reconstruction. I'm so convinced this is Robin.

Any news in this case?

Hope they've compared DNA or dentals now... or will do so soon.

It has to be Robin. The leather barrette? The press-on nails? Same basic body type and dental work? That's all just too much of a coincidence. Someone's dropped the ball on this one.

Was there ever any resolution to this case??? I hate when the the threads simply die off

Bumping up too...I submitted this over THREE years ago. I'm gonna call tomorrow...
    Proud WS N-LIB

Bump for Robin ... has anyone heard anything?

I am from NJ and remember reading about the identification of the remains found behind the Williams Township, PA cemetary. I googled and found the October 26, 2012 artice written by Sue Epstein printed in The Newark Star Ledger but unfortunately I am unable to post a link to the artcle so I am trying my best here to credit the above mentioned article. Through DNA the remains were determined to belong to Juane McAuley-Johnson, a 23-year-old devoted mother who worked hard to provide for her daughter. Ms. McAuley-Johnson went missing on February 18, 1998 while on her way to a bus stop in Piscataway, NJ. The article further mentions that a hunter found her on December 30, 2001 behind St John Union cemetary in Williams Township, PA.

Robin Trivisonno, 28, Missing January 20, 1997 from Neptune Township, NJ

Robin Trivisonno
    Missing since January 20, 1997 from Neptune Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 27, 1968
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 105 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown or auburn hair; hazel eyes. A grandmother had some African ancestry.
    Marks, Scars: Scar on her right eyelid.
    Clothing: She is reported to have been wearing a brown waist coat when last seen; she wore a leather hair barrette with a wooden pin and press-on nails.
    Dentals: She had at least two capped teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Trivisonno was last seen leaving the former Heartbreakers go-go bar on Route 35 in the early hours of January 20, 1997 in Neptune Township, New Jersey.

She was seen leaving the bar about 2:00 am with a white male who is described as well groomed with long dark-brown flowing hair, 5'8" tall and weighing approximately 180 pounds. She was in an intoxicated state.

Ms. Trivisonno's vehicle, a 1994 black Jeep Cherokee, was left parked in the parking lot.Trivisonno was the mother of three young children and was separated from her husband. She had worked at Heartbreakers as a dancer for at least two years, but quit that job to attend nursing school about a year before she went missing. She visited the bar the night she disappeared, spending several hours there, and talked with former coworkers.

Witnesses reported that Trivisonno had asked people at Heartbreakers for a ride to Delilah's Den in South Amboy, where a friend of hers worked as a DJ. No one at Delilah's Den told police they saw her there the night she disappeared.Four months after Trivisonno went missing, her wallet and jacket were found in a wooded area behind a fence in the back of the Delilah's Den parking lot.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office
    Detective Thomas Powers
    732-308-2952

or

Neptune Township Police Department
    Detective Joseph Burst
    732-988-8000

NCIC Number: M-994343108

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Monmouth County Prosecutor/Crime Watch
    New Jersey State Police
    Asbury Park Press - 8/14/05
    The Doe Network: Case File 1885DFNJ

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1885dfnj.html

Does anyone know where the sketch of the man Robin left "Heartbreakers" with went to? Back in the day, I thought the man looked like a customer of mine, but almost immediately after informing the police, the sketch disappeared from the NJSP website, AND the other websites. They still give a description of the man as "well dressed" etc. but have dropped the sketch. Wonder why?

When I find an older case that interests me, I try to find as much info as I can-looking for coincidences or patterns that may not have been evident at the time. When I find one, a bug crawls into my brain and won't leave until I put the info out there for others to examine and comment upon. Links are at the end of the post and noted as such in the post. Here goes....

Robin was last believed to have last been seen at around 2am on Monday, January 20th, of 1997, leaving the Heartbreakers bar in Neptune NJ (but may have left as early as 12:30 [1]). Witnesses from the bar stated that Robin had asked for a ride to a bar in South Amboy, Delilah's Den, about 30 minutes north of Neptune. No one in attendance at Delilah's Den recalled Robin arriving there; however, her jacket and other personal effects were found in the woods behind the South Amboy bar (I have been unable to confirm if the jacket found matched the description of the one Robin was said to have been wearing when she was last seen).

At about 6:30 later that morning, a young woman was struck and killed along Rt 280 outside of Kearny, NJ, approximately 30 minutes north of South Amboy and about an hour north of Neptune [2]. The time of the accident can be found on the report the NJ trooper is holding in the article's first photo. It's stated that she was walking along Rt 280 when hit, but I'm not sure if that comes from other witness reports or is an assumption on the part of the police. The driver who hit her stated that he felt a "thump" and then called police from a local gas station.

At first glance, I admit there is little, other than timing, to connect the two. However, that in itself was the first thing that struck me. A young woman goes missing, and another young woman is hit by a vehicle within 4 hours and an hours' drive of where the missing girl was last seen? Add to that the distinct possibility that the missing girl was headed in the direction of where the accident occurred, and may have been less than a half-hour's drive away? Amboy to Kearny is nearly a "straight shot" along I-95, and then only a mile or so along Rt 280 (which is a heavily-travelled stretch of highway, by both commuters and truckers).

Now, where things get interesting-descriptions. Robin is listed at 105 pounds, which personally I have to take with the proverbial grain of salt. When she was dancing, maybe... But raising three sons and working toward a nursing degree? I have to believe there were many stress-filled nights spent cuddling a pint of Ben and Jerry's with a large spoon. The weight of our unidentified young woman (to whom I will refer as Rt 280 Doe) varies depending on the report. Doe Network [3] and NamUs [5] list her weight as 140-150, while the original posting by the NJ State Police (listed in Passaic County, for some odd reason, as the accident occurred in Hudson County) as 120-125 [4]. The reason for the discrepancy is easy enough to understand-280 Doe was so severely injured in the accident that neither her height nor weight could be determined accurately. In fact, law enforcement couldn't even create a reconstruction of her face.

Robin is listed as 5'02", and 280 Doe (in the single report that lists height) is estimated to have been 5'00 to 5'05".

Robin was 28 when she disappeared; 280 Doe is listed on all sites as being between 25 and 35.

Clothing? No one has, to my knowledge, accurately described what Robin was wearing when she disappeared (other than the possible coat, which may be the one found in South Amboy). As so much could have occurred during those early morning hours, I'm not relying too heavily on clothing as an identifier in any case. The temperature in the area dropped to below 20 during that night.

Eye color and hair color are similar, and straight hair of 5 inches or so in length could have been drawn back into a servicable pony-tail. Again, I refer to the condition of 280 Doe and make some allowances for any discrepancies there.

The largest discrepancy, and that one that generated the most research, is race. Robin is listed as either Caucasian or bi-racial, with some black ancestry. 280 Doe is listed as "race-black", "ethnicity-Hispanic/Latino". I have no idea why there would be two different listings here-was the assumption that she was either a light-skinned African-American or Latino? Having no facial features to which to refer certainly made identification extremely difficult. Could Robin have passed as either? The fact that she has at least some African ancestry is stated many times. I have tried to determine the exact extent of her ancestry, but haven't had an abundance of luck so far. I did discover that Robin has two half-sisters, twins, who are African-American (one of them, Teresa Brooks, changed her name to Teresa Africa upon joining the "radical lifestyle" group MOVE in the early 80s. In 1985, she was killed along with ten others when the Philadelphia police used military-grade explosives on MOVE's residential headquarters).

I found an article on another issue from Robin's disappearance. Doe Network, as well as most articles about Robin's disappearance, mention the man with whom Robin was last seen. According to this article [1], police interviewed the man who was positively identified by employees of Heartbreakers. Also in the article, Robin's mother states that Robin was having an affair with a married man. She had spent Sunday evening with him in his office before going to Heartbreakers. The mother states that this man told her Robin was upset that he was not planning on leaving his wife for her.

Very confusing and convoluted, to say the least.

[1] http://articles.philly.com/1997-01-3...day-night-sons
    [2] http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...ng_dna_da.html
    [3] http://doenetwork.org/cases/1014ufnj.html
    [4] http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_passaic_u016562720.html
    [5] https://identifyus.org/cases/1776

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    When I find an older case that interests me, I try to find as much info as I can-looking for coincidences or patterns that may not have been evident at the time. When I find one, a bug crawls into my brain and won't leave until I put the info out there for others to examine and comment upon. Links are at the end of the post and noted as such in the post. Here goes....

Robin was last believed to have last been seen at around 2am on Monday, January 20th, of 1997, leaving the Heartbreakers bar in Neptune NJ (but may have left as early as 12:30 [1]). Witnesses from the bar stated that Robin had asked for a ride to a bar in South Amboy, Delilah's Den, about 30 minutes north of Neptune. No one in attendance at Delilah's Den recalled Robin arriving there; however, her jacket and other personal effects were found in the woods behind the South Amboy bar (I have been unable to confirm if the jacket found matched the description of the one Robin was said to have been wearing when she was last seen).

At about 6:30 later that morning, a young woman was struck and killed along Rt 280 outside of Kearny, NJ, approximately 30 minutes north of South Amboy and about an hour north of Neptune [2]. The time of the accident can be found on the report the NJ trooper is holding in the article's first photo. It's stated that she was walking along Rt 280 when hit, but I'm not sure if that comes from other witness reports or is an assumption on the part of the police. The driver who hit her stated that he felt a "thump" and then called police from a local gas station.

At first glance, I admit there is little, other than timing, to connect the two. However, that in itself was the first thing that struck me. A young woman goes missing, and another young woman is hit by a vehicle within 4 hours and an hours' drive of where the missing girl was last seen? Add to that the distinct possibility that the missing girl was headed in the direction of where the accident occurred, and may have been less than a half-hour's drive away? Amboy to Kearny is nearly a "straight shot" along I-95, and then only a mile or so along Rt 280 (which is a heavily-travelled stretch of highway, by both commuters and truckers).

Now, where things get interesting-descriptions. Robin is listed at 105 pounds, which personally I have to take with the proverbial grain of salt. When she was dancing, maybe... But raising three sons and working toward a nursing degree? I have to believe there were many stress-filled nights spent cuddling a pint of Ben and Jerry's with a large spoon. The weight of our unidentified young woman (to whom I will refer as Rt 280 Doe) varies depending on the report. Doe Network [3] and NamUs [5] list her weight as 140-150, while the original posting by the NJ State Police (listed in Passaic County, for some odd reason, as the accident occurred in Hudson County) as 120-125 [4]. The reason for the discrepancy is easy enough to understand-280 Doe was so severely injured in the accident that neither her height nor weight could be determined accurately. In fact, law enforcement couldn't even create a reconstruction of her face.

Robin is listed as 5'02", and 280 Doe (in the single report that lists height) is estimated to have been 5'00 to 5'05".

Robin was 28 when she disappeared; 280 Doe is listed on all sites as being between 25 and 35.

Clothing? No one has, to my knowledge, accurately described what Robin was wearing when she disappeared (other than the possible coat, which may be the one found in South Amboy). As so much could have occurred during those early morning hours, I'm not relying too heavily on clothing as an identifier in any case. The temperature in the area dropped to below 20 during that night.

Eye color and hair color are similar, and straight hair of 5 inches or so in length could have been drawn back into a servicable pony-tail. Again, I refer to the condition of 280 Doe and make some allowances for any discrepancies there.

The largest discrepancy, and that one that generated the most research, is race. Robin is listed as either Caucasian or bi-racial, with some black ancestry. 280 Doe is listed as "race-black", "ethnicity-Hispanic/Latino". I have no idea why there would be two different listings here-was the assumption that she was either a light-skinned African-American or Latino? Having no facial features to which to refer certainly made identification extremely difficult. Could Robin have passed as either? The fact that she has at least some African ancestry is stated many times. I have tried to determine the exact extent of her ancestry, but haven't had an abundance of luck so far. I did discover that Robin has two half-sisters, twins, who are African-American (one of them, Teresa Brooks, changed her name to Teresa Africa upon joining the "radical lifestyle" group MOVE in the early 80s. In 1985, she was killed along with ten others when the Philadelphia police used military-grade explosives on MOVE's residential headquarters).

I found an article on another issue from Robin's disappearance. Doe Network, as well as most articles about Robin's disappearance, mention the man with whom Robin was last seen. According to this article [1], police interviewed the man who was positively identified by employees of Heartbreakers. Also in the article, Robin's mother states that Robin was having an affair with a married man. She had spent Sunday evening with him in his office before going to Heartbreakers. The mother states that this man told her Robin was upset that he was not planning on leaving his wife for her.

Shadowangel,

Please contact me ASAP. It's ALL GOOD. You can send a PM or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

If anyone is in touch with Shadowangel please ask her/him to contact me.

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post

There is so much mystery surrounding this case. If that first article is correct, and 3 Heartbreakers employees "identified" the man she left with, then The Monmouth Co. Prosecutor's office has got it all wrong as well as the Neptune Police and NamUs and TCP. They all say that the man was never to be seen again and wasn't identified. Perhaps the article got it wrong and the 3 employees gave a description of the man which produced the now hard to find police sketch.

When I look at photos of Robin I don't automatically think "African American or Latino". The UI found in Kearny was also wearing clothing that was nothing like the brown waist length jacket (that was found behind Delilah"s along with her purse and wallet) she was reportedly wearing. Robin was also wearing press on nails, which JD 280 wasn't wearing. (although her fingernails WERE painted.)

I just don't see Robin, having arrived in South Amboy,(a straight ride down Rt. 35 from where she was) ditch all of her belongings, put on a jacket that says Puerto Rico on the back, and head down the NJ Turnpike to exit 15W onto Rt. 280. My husband used to be a postal contractor, and I sometimes went to work with him. The DVD postal facility is off of 280, and there's not an easy way for anyone to safely walk on that Hwy, never mind the Turnpike. 280 is heavily traveled both day and night. It is a commercial area loaded with Corporate Hdqtrs and warehouses. The ground on either side of the Hwy is swamp for the most part.

I think it's great that you took the time to find a possible comparison, but I just don't think it's her.

This is all just moo. I'm having a hard time letting go of this case because I identified a bit with Robin. Something is very wrong here. There was a composite drawing of the man she was last seen with, the man who offered to drive her to South Amboy. I recognized the man as a customer of the store I was managing at the time. He was very handsome, looked like a male model. Unmistakable looking. (well groomed is how the press releases put it) There is no longer a sample of the composite drawing available. One press release says the guy was identified, but doesn't identify him.

One question I've never seen answered is WHY she wanted to go to Delilah's that night. We know she was having an affair with an unidentified married man. Whom she'd met while dancing.

Everyone in NJ knows that most of the titty bars in NJ have some mafia affiliation. I have a feeling that Robin's remains won't be found for a long time...if ever.

Well, Heartbreakers is now Centerfolds. Which shares a parking lot with the bowling alley. There was a Jane Doe found behind that bowling alley in the late 70's. That lot has a lot of overgrown woods and there is a stream that runs behind the bowling alley and across the street. They think the JD behind the bowling area was there for month before she was found. I think she never left Neptune and is still right there in the woods. I posted pics of the area in the Neptune Jane Doe thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast