1322 users online (281 members and 1041 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

'baby'

I was wondering if anyone knows if use of the word 'baby' in ref. to an older deceased child is indicative of guilt? I noticed PR used that word in reference to JB a lot,and so did Darlie Routier,for both of her boys,even though all of the victims were school-aged,not babies,and not even toddlers or pre-school age.
    I remember in the Susan Smith case, the FBI said of mothers who kill their children,they tend to be found wrapped in plastic or put in water...a sort of subconciuos 'sending them back to the womb' I guess..a denial of killing,just sending them back to an earlier time in their minds,I suppose.
    So that made me wonder if use of the word 'baby' a lot points to an indication of guilt? Anyone know,or any thoughts??
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    I was wondering if anyone knows if use of the word 'baby' in ref. to an older deceased child is indicative of guilt? I noticed PR used that word in reference to JB a lot,and so did Darlie Routier,for both of her boys,even though all of the victims were school-aged,not babies,and not even toddlers or pre-school age.
    I remember in the Susan Smith case, the FBI said of mothers who kill their children,they tend to be found wrapped in plastic or put in water...a sort of subconciuos 'sending them back to the womb' I guess..a denial of killing,just sending them back to an earlier time in their minds,I suppose.
    So that made me wonder if use of the word 'baby' a lot points to an indication of guilt? Anyone know,or any thoughts??
    I am not sure that this means anything. Alot of us mothers in the southern part of the US call our kids "baby". To this day, I refer to my 15 yr old as my baby, cuz she is my youngest. It is just a form of endearment in my family. Not sure about anyone else.

Good Question!! I like your posts..they are always interesting.

Yeah, my almost 17 year old boy is still "baby", even though he also has a 2 year old sister who's called "baby" as well, LOL.

That is an intriguing question, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisahas2cats
    Yeah, my almost 17 year old boy is still "baby", even though he also has a 2 year old sister who's called "baby" as well, LOL.

That is an intriguing question, though!
    I still call my 25 year old son baby...as he'll always be my baby.

Quote Originally Posted by santos1014
    I am not sure that this means anything. Alot of us mothers in the southern part of the US call our kids "baby". To this day, I refer to my 15 yr old as my baby, cuz she is my youngest. It is just a form of endearment in my family. Not sure about anyone else.

Good Question!! I like your posts..they are always interesting.
    Hey santos. My 19 year old daughter is still my baby, too. It is a term of endearment for me, also.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun
    Hey santos. My 19 year old daughter is still my baby, too. It is a term of endearment for me, also.

Lion
    As it is with most folks. I don't have children but I can bet that if I did, my kids would always be my babies no matter how old they were.

I have wondered about the use of "baby" or "babies" when a mother is reporting her child(ren) dead, missing, etc. and is actually the guilty party. Since it is considered a term of endearment, I wonder if the guilty mother is trying to sound like such a good mommy that she couldn't possibly have had anything to do with the killing of her baby or babies....an attempt at not being considered a suspect.

That is interesting. I'm from the south and 37 years old. My mother still calls me baby girl. "Baby" is definitely used as a term of endearment.

I don't know about "baby"....but....I think that a mother that calls their murdered daughter..."THAT child"....is guiltier than sin. Another use of THAT...was Bill Clinton..."I did NOT have sex with THAT woman". (Talking about Monica Lewinski...for those of you that have been under a rock for the last 10 - 15 years...LOL)
    "This time we get it right."

Oh but Ames, both Clinton and the Ram's previously lived in the south and I can tell you from experience, that some of us southerners use the word THAT too often.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/ima...ies/tongue.gif
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    I don't know about "baby"....but....I think that a mother that calls their murdered daughter..."THAT child"....is guiltier than sin. Another use of THAT...was Bill Clinton..."I did NOT have sex with THAT woman". (Talking about Monica Lewinski...for those of you that have been under a rock for the last 10 - 15 years...LOL)
    good one,I recall that.
    And thx everyone.I'm from (and still in) the south too,so I understand about it being a term of endearment;what makes me wonder though,is the fact that PR and Darlie both repeatedly ref. to their murdered children as babies..so I was JW if there could be any connection in the way they talk,and the way children who were killed by their mothers tend to be found..in water or wrapped in plastic.
    I think the scenerio needed to stage this crime wasn't conducive to either,so JB was instead wrapped in the blanket,like a baby.(next best thing, in the killer's mind?).
    I know it was said that no one but a parent or someone close to JB would have left her that way.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

She's 41 and her daddy still calls her baby

All the folks around Brownsville say she's crazy.

Sorry, folks! I couldn't resist!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    She's 41 and her daddy still calls her baby

All the folks around Brownsville say she's crazy.

Sorry, folks! I couldn't resist!
    ROFL ! Delta Dawn..where is that chick now anyway??
    something to ponder:

Great...now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day!

I used to sing that alllll the time when I was 4, much to my parents' amusement, lol.

I just read a book on Taylor Behl's murder and abduction written by her mother. In it she calls Taylor her baby repeatedly. I think many mothers think of their kids as babies no matter how old. I do find Patsy's use of "that child" strange though.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon
    I just read a book on Taylor Behl's murder and abduction written by her mother. In it she calls Taylor her baby repeatedly. I think many mothers think of their kids as babies no matter how old. I do find Patsy's use of "that child" strange though.
    Baby does not bother me. THAT child. Infuriates me. I also have family in the South. .... If Atlanta counts and they picked up on That child. As usually when That child or That husband or That neighbor or That is used displeasure is the motivation. Other than that its MY baby.........MY MY MY....not our daughter. MYdaugher etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast