Question regarding Sandal

Buckethead

Former Member
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that about two years after the murder, a girl's sandal was found outside the Ramsey home, and a doll was found inside it. Why wasn't more attention given to this clue? This is an interesting piece of information.

Was the shoe ever linked to Jonbenet? I tried finding some info about this last night, but I had no luck.

Buckethead said:
I remember reading somewhere that about two years after the murder, a girl's sandal was found outside the Ramsey home, and a doll was found inside it. Why wasn't more attention given to this clue? This is an interesting piece of information.

Was the shoe ever linked to Jonbenet? I tried finding some info about this last night, but I had no luck.
Never heard that before, about the sandal. I did hear that some Barbie's were found outside the house...after the murder, and that they were wrapped bondage style. Some creep, I am sure....left those.

Buckethead said:

I will get back to you on this Bucket.

A Barbie doll was found by Jeff Shapiro on the front lawn of the Ramsey house in 1998, who turned them over to BDP.

There was another one found in a shoe IIRC, but need to find the info on that.

I've seen a picture of the doll inside the sandal, but don't remember where. The sandal is a small size white one where the body of the shoe consists of wide straps that crisscross around the foot and connect to the bottom. The doll is sitting inside the shoe, feet towards the toe of the shoe, head sticking up out of the top. The shoe is in the snow, not just sitting on top of it. It looks like the shoe is being exposed as the snow melts away, like it was there before snow covered it.

Nuisanceposter said:
I've seen a picture of the doll inside the sandal, but don't remember where. The sandal is a small size white one where the body of the shoe consists of wide straps that crisscross around the foot and connect to the bottom. The doll is sitting inside the shoe, feet towards the toe of the shoe, head sticking up out of the top. The shoe is in the snow, not just sitting on top of it. It looks like the shoe is being exposed as the snow melts away, like it was there before snow covered it.
I remember when I was little and I would sit my Barbie doll up in my shoe and pretend it was a car. I'd be willing to bet that JonBenet or one of her little friends did the same thing.

-Tea

Nuisanceposter said:
Yes I have seen that too and I don't know that it was even really close to the time of the murder. I think like a couple years after it. So I am not sure what if any significance the shoe with the little doll plays. But the little sandal looked rather worn ...by that I mean not new. Not a bright shiny white. I think we are thinking of the same picture cause the criss cross straps you mention. An observation is that there are little kids in the neighborhood. Or .... who knows the significance of the little shoe and doll but who left it there if there is any at all.

Exactly, it wasn't a brand new shoe, if I remember right. I wish I could remember just where I saw that.

Yeah, I used to use shoes as cars for Barbies, too. I remember a specific pair of fuzzy blue slippers that were excellent for that.

Nuisanceposter said:
Exactly, it wasn't a brand new shoe, if I remember right. I wish I could remember just where I saw that.

Yeah, I used to use shoes as cars for Barbies, too. I remember a specific pair of fuzzy blue slippers that were excellent for that.
I don't know if you ever saw or remember those metal sidewalk rollerskates that had the adjustable sides and back and a strap. You had a key to tighten them. Now there is transportation!! Wheels!! :D HA! I didn't have Barbie.....because she'd not been invented yet but of course we did have dolls.....

Trose said:
Jeff Shapiro found the shoe with the Barbie doll in it.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/archive/122001/coverstory.html
I don't consider Jeff Shapiro to be at all credible. No-one has flip-flopped more than he has in this case. Last time I heard he was in the news, he was attacking John Ramsey. Previous to that, he was making tearful apologies to John Ramsey.

If Jeff Shapiro found "evidence" in the Ramsey case, I'd have to say I'd be thinking about that character in the vanDam case - Doug/Douglas...? The one who accused the vanDams of murder and when Westerfield was found guilty, he went out into the desert and "found" "evidence".

Anyone else remember that?

icedtea4me said:
I remember when I was little and I would sit my Barbie doll up in my shoe and pretend it was a car. I'd be willing to bet that JonBenet or one of her little friends did the same thing.

-Tea
I agree...my five year old daughter does that too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back