733 users online (87 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Nyla Miangel Page, 23 months, Braddock, Feb 2007

KDKA) BRADDOCK Police are searching for a young child allegedly abducted from her bed early this morning.

An Amber Abduction Alert was issued for the toddler earlier today.

Braddock Police say they are looking for Nya Miangel Page, who disappeared from her home in the 600-block of First Street around 7:30am.

She is 23 months old.

She is described as African American, 24 inches tall, approximately 30 pounds, with short, black hair and brown eyes.

She also has large scars on each earlobe.

She was last seen wearing a maroon sweater with blue and yellow stripes, a disposable diaper, and she was possibly wrapped in a light blue electric blanket.

Anyone with information about this little girl is asked to contact Braddock or Allegheny Police by calling 911.

Stay with KDKA for the latest details…

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_034113059.html

BRADDOCK, Pa. - Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched for a 23-month-old girl reported missing from her bed early Saturday.

"Time is of the essence," Allegheny County Police Lt. Robert Downey said, because of fears that the child might not survive long in the frigid cold. Saturday's high temperature was expected to be about 20 degrees.

Another child found that Nia Miangel Page was not in her bed at about 7:30 a.m. and alerted other family members, who called police after a search, authorities said. Braddock police also searched the home and then contacted the state police to issue an Amber Alert.

Police were interviewing people who were home at the time while about 70 people from nearby police departments, emergency workers and others searched for the girl.

Braddock police Chief Frank DeBartolo said there was no sign that anyone had forcibly entered the home.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/16616403.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mistivon
    BRADDOCK, Pa. - Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched for a 23-month-old girl reported missing from her bed early Saturday.

"Time is of the essence," Allegheny County Police Lt. Robert Downey said, because of fears that the child might not survive long in the frigid cold. Saturday's high temperature was expected to be about 20 degrees.

Another child found that Nia Miangel Page was not in her bed at about 7:30 a.m. and alerted other family members, who called police after a search, authorities said. Braddock police also searched the home and then contacted the state police to issue an Amber Alert.

Police were interviewing people who were home at the time while about 70 people from nearby police departments, emergency workers and others searched for the girl.

Braddock police Chief Frank DeBartolo said there was no sign that anyone had forcibly entered the home.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/16616403.htm
    Thank you mistivon for posting this. I am praying for little Nya's safe return. I have so many questions, and I hope more details will be available soon.

Lion

Also from Fox News, same report with one detail at the end added:

"Police are also interviewing people who were home at the time. Braddock police Chief Frank DeBartolo said police have never been called to the girl's home before."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250143,00.html

MG

Does anyone else find it odd that the poor child has large scars on her earlobes? The only reason for this I can think of would be someone yanking earrings out of them while intact.

Quote Originally Posted by KKD
    Does anyone else find it odd that the poor child has large scars on her earlobes? The only reason for this I can think of would be someone yanking earrings out of them while intact.
    It could also be from keloids, which are kinda like scars that don't sto pgrowing, like after you get your ears pierced. They are more common in African Americans. The scars could be from an operation to have the keloids removed. At least that's what I hope it is...

Lord, please bring little Nya home safely, in Jesus' name, amen.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by KKD
    Why would a 2 year old have pierced ears and earrings? Isn't that a wee bit young, or am I that out of it, lol.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Thank you MrsG for the update. I hope Nya is somehow safe; but, this sounds grim. It is so cold, and she is so young. I was thinking it may have been possible that she walked outside herself and got lost. But, if that were the case I doubt she would have closed the door behind her.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728
    Also from Fox News, same report with one detail at the end added:

"Police are also interviewing people who were home at the time. Braddock police Chief Frank DeBartolo said police have never been called to the girl's home before."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250143,00.html

MG

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Why would a 2 year old have pierced ears and earrings? Isn't that a wee bit young, or am I that out of it, lol.
    I think it's young, but I see lots of babies and toddlers with pierced ears.

I saw on another board that someone saw a report on TV and it was reported the scars were the result of something a sibling had done. I wondered if a sib had yanked her earrings out, although it seems odd to have them both ripped out.

By last night, the case had taken on an ominous overtone. Police sent all search crews to a Monroeville landfill. A trash bin at an apartment building behind the family's back yard had been picked up yesterday morning and dumped there. But police said the contents of the trash bin were covered in dirt and that investigators wouldn't be able to comb through the site until tomorrow.

more:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07035/759319-56.stm

Why are so many two year olds coming up missing lately? Way to many. The two little two year olds that were both reported missing from their locked homes...one with her mother and the other in foster care...have never been found....Trenton has never been found and now we have another 2 yr old missing. I hope they don't find this baby in the landfill. I wonder how many people live in her home and what they are like. I hope they find her alive.

KDKA's Paul Martino reports that the contents of a dumpster in the child's neighborhood were taken to that landfill.

On Saturday, police took a cadaver dog out there but nothing turned up.

The FBI is providing assistance to local authorities conducting the investigation.

Meanwhile, investigators have questioned family members of the toddler.

The child's father, the grandmother's boyfriend, and a male cousin, who were all inside of the house at the time of Page's disappearance, were questioned Saturday afternoon by police.

KDKA's Ross Guidotti reports they were also given polygraph tests.

more:

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_035081008.html

It is foolish and unnecessarily risky to have a boyfriend and a male cousin living in the same household as an innocent child. Anyone reading crime boards would know that.

I live in a much warmer climate than PA and I would never put a child that young to bed in a sweater and no pants or socks in the wintertime. She is way too young to keep herself covered up ! When the weatherwas cold, my babies always got long pj's, socks, and a blanket sleeper at night.

Someone is not being very careful with that baby.

I wonder which one will flunk or refuse the poly?

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered
    It is foolish and unnecessarily risky to have a boyfriend and a male cousin living in the same household as an innocent child. Anyone reading crime boards would know that.

I live in a much warmer climate than PA and I would never put a child that young to bed in a sweater and no pants or socks in the wintertime. She is way too young to keep herself covered up ! When the weatherwas cold, my babies always got long pj's, socks, and a blanket sleeper at night.

Someone is not being very careful with that baby.

I wonder which one will flunk or refuse the poly?

Susan
    I don't think that having a cousin who is male stay with you is dangerous. Not unless he has a criminal history or other problems. My male cousins have often come and stayed with me. That, in itself, does not make the mother a bad parent. I hope that they are able to find the little sweetheart.
    Happy New Years

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast