1230 users online (189 members and 1041 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation David Lee Roth back as Van Halen singer

The rumors were true. Van Halen will reunite with original singer David Lee Roth for a summer tour of North America.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist Eddie Van Halen said in a statement posted Friday on the band's Web site announcing a 40 city tour. No specific dates have been named.

It will be the first time that Roth performs live with the band since 1984, when he was replaced by Sammy Hagar. A brief reunion with Roth in 1996 resulted in two new songs but no tour.

Original bassist Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

On March 12 Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York.

___

On the Net:

http://www.van-halen.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070203/ap_on_en_mu/people_van_halen&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Isn't Roth a bit old for all this, he was looking old last time I saw him...and that was back in the 80's...

I can't stand him as a man, but he was a good leader singer way back when...

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    I can't stand him as a man, but he was a good leader singer way back when...

IMO
    I can't stand him full stop lol, his songs were soo weak...

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    I can't stand him full stop lol, his songs were soo weak...
    Awww, I liked his version of California Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbhfI8f_Ek

Awww, I liked his version of California Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbhfI8f_Ek
    Hahaha funny you should say that, that was the one I was thinking of when I said his songs were weak...

Hahaha funny you should say that, that was the one I was thinking of when I said his songs were weak...
    His delivery was so entertaining, though. The song is pure fluff...

This is one concert I will go to. Yeah, I don't necessarily care for David Lee Roth, but as a band the original Van Halen ranks up there as one of the best IMO. My son wants to go to it, too----I swear that child was born in the wrong decade--should've been born in the 80's instead of the 90's.

His delivery was so entertaining, though. The song is pure fluff...
    I guess the clip did have lots of pretty girls in it.............omg now I've got the song stuck in my head........

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    This is one concert I will go to. Yeah, I don't necessarily care for David Lee Roth, but as a band the original Van Halen ranks up there as one of the best IMO. My son wants to go to it, too----I swear that child was born in the wrong decade--should've been born in the 80's instead of the 90's.
    Julianne-
    I've been exposing my kids to alot of 80s music and they absolutely love it. We have alot of fun in the car, rocking out to some of the songs of my youth.

Isn't Roth a bit old for all this, he was looking old last time I saw him...and that was back in the 80's...
    Shoot, Narla...they're ALL looking old!

I guess the clip did have lots of pretty girls in it.............omg now I've got the song stuck in my head........
    I think the ideal body type has changed some from those days. The curves seemed much more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    Shoot, Narla...they're ALL looking old!
    That's true lol

Kinda like those old Rolling Stones...

Julianne-
    I've been exposing my kids to alot of 80s music and they absolutely love it. We have alot of fun in the car, rocking out to some of the songs of my youth.
    Find a local rock station that plays Dee Snider's "The House of Hair" show on weekends and have your kids listen to it (it does have a few naughty words, though.) It is the best 80's rock for 2 hours!!!!!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Find a local rock station that plays Dee Snider's "The House of Hair" show on weekends and have your kids listen to it (it does have a few naughty words, though.) It is the best 80's rock for 2 hours!!!!!
    I'll check it out! Thanks for the heads up!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast