David Lee Roth back as Van Halen singer

Dark Knight

Reaction score
ap_small.gif

The rumors were true. Van Halen will reunite with original singer David Lee Roth for a summer tour of North America.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist Eddie Van Halen said in a statement posted Friday on the band's Web site announcing a 40 city tour. No specific dates have been named.

It will be the first time that Roth performs live with the band since 1984, when he was replaced by Sammy Hagar. A brief reunion with Roth in 1996 resulted in two new songs but no tour.

Original bassist Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

On March 12 Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York.

___

On the Net:

http://www.van-halen.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070203/ap_on_en_mu/people_van_halen&printer=1

Isn't Roth a bit old for all this, he was looking old last time I saw him...and that was back in the 80's...

I can't stand him as a man, but he was a good leader singer way back when...

IMO

IdahoMom said:
I can't stand him as a man, but he was a good leader singer way back when...

IMO
I can't stand him full stop lol, his songs were soo weak...

narlacat said:
Hahaha funny you should say that, that was the one I was thinking of when I said his songs were weak...
His delivery was so entertaining, though. The song is pure fluff...

This is one concert I will go to. Yeah, I don't necessarily care for David Lee Roth, but as a band the original Van Halen ranks up there as one of the best IMO. My son wants to go to it, too----I swear that child was born in the wrong decade--should've been born in the 80's instead of the 90's.

IdahoMom said:
His delivery was so entertaining, though. The song is pure fluff...
I guess the clip did have lots of pretty girls in it.............omg now I've got the song stuck in my head........

julianne said:
This is one concert I will go to. Yeah, I don't necessarily care for David Lee Roth, but as a band the original Van Halen ranks up there as one of the best IMO. My son wants to go to it, too----I swear that child was born in the wrong decade--should've been born in the 80's instead of the 90's.
Julianne-
I've been exposing my kids to alot of 80s music and they absolutely love it. We have alot of fun in the car, rocking out to some of the songs of my youth. :angel:

narlacat said:
Isn't Roth a bit old for all this, he was looking old last time I saw him...and that was back in the 80's...
Shoot, Narla...they're ALL looking old!

narlacat said:
I guess the clip did have lots of pretty girls in it.............omg now I've got the song stuck in my head........
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :angel: :angel: :angel: I think the ideal body type has changed some from those days. The curves seemed much more natural.

IdahoMom said:
Julianne-
I've been exposing my kids to alot of 80s music and they absolutely love it. We have alot of fun in the car, rocking out to some of the songs of my youth. :angel:
Find a local rock station that plays Dee Snider's "The House of Hair" show on weekends and have your kids listen to it (it does have a few naughty words, though.) It is the best 80's rock for 2 hours!!!!!

Dark Knight said:
Find a local rock station that plays Dee Snider's "The House of Hair" show on weekends and have your kids listen to it (it does have a few naughty words, though.) It is the best 80's rock for 2 hours!!!!!
I'll check it out! Thanks for the heads up!:)

I loved Van Halen...had a blast at their 1984 concert....yikes that was a long time ago! LOL He can't look much worse than Eddie these days......I saw a recent pic and took a double take! OMG!

Roth rejoins VH every few years. It could be funny watching them preform together again.
clap.gif

philamena said:
Roth rejoins VH every few years. It could be funny watching them preform together again.
clap.gif
People don't realize that 2007 Dave isn't 1984 Dave, lol. He has truly aged alot in 23 years. And it sucks that now that DLR is back, they lost Michael Anthony! :doh:

Sassygerl said:
I loved Van Halen...had a blast at their 1984 concert....yikes that was a long time ago! LOL He can't look much worse than Eddie these days......I saw a recent pic and took a double take! OMG!
Eddie has had cancer. Anyone know how he's doing? Well enough to tour, obviously....

Dark Knight said:
People don't realize that 2007 Dave isn't 1984 Dave, lol. He has truly aged alot in 23 years. And it sucks that now that DLR is back, they lost Michael Anthony! :doh:
Oh, I think we all realize he's older---we're ALL older.

They didn't lose Michael Anthony because of David's return, they lost Michael Anthony because Eddies son Wolfgang is taking his place.

DK, I'm surprised you even know who Van Halen is, LOL!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back