1010 users online (162 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Sofia Juarez, 5, Kennewick, 3 Feb 2003

The search for Sofia Juarez is just as important today as it was when she disappeared a year ago, Kennewick police said Monday.
    http://www.tricityherald.com/reports...-4652486c.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-13-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Arrow Sofia Juarez: New Age-Progressed Photo

IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS...
    SOFIA LUCERNO JUAREZ
    Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing
    DOB: Feb 5, 1998 Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Feb 4, 2003 Race: White/Hisp
    Age Now: 6 Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
    Missing City: KENNEWICK Weight: 33 lbs (15 kg)
    Missing State : WA Hair Color: Brown
    Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
    Case Number: NCMC954908
    Circumstances: Sofia's photo is shown age-progressed to 7 years. She was last known to be playing in her bedroom. Shortly after 9 p.m. on February 4, 2003 she walked out of the bedroom and has not been seen or heard from since. Sofia has a mole under her left eye and at the time she disappeared her four top front teeth were missing. She was last seen wearing blue overalls, a red shirt, violet socks and white shoes.

I wonder what happened to this beautiful little girl? I mean it is like she just vanished into thin air. Her case has always bothered me. Something just doesn't seem quite right.

Another link. I simply cannot get over the fact that it has been 2 years. OMG, that shocks me. It literally seems like a few months ago.

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/m...ticle&sid=6978

There is a website with several additional photographs of Sofia (not APs):

http://www.geocities.com/thekarmaclub/sofia.html

I like the one from when she was just a baby, swallowed up in that big ruffly (christening?) dress.

I don't understand how she could have "walked out of her bedroom" and gone missing??? Wouldn't she have had to "walk out of the house"????? We're they having a party or ?????

She didn't walk out of her bedroom and disappear -- I don't know why the poster says that. Her grandmother's boyfriend was going to the store and Sofia asked permission to come. Sofia's mom said she could go, and gave her some money, then everyone assumed she'd gone to the store. But then the grandmother's boyfriend came back without her and said he hadn't seen her. They think she walked out of her house and was abducted. I have the details here:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/juarez_sofia.html

Our little Sofia Juarez

Little Sofia's disappearence doesn't seem to matter anymore. Except to those of us who live in the community she is missing from. Why isn't she listed on the Missing and Exploited web page? Her family isn't rich by any means and they can't get the type of coverage the Smarts did when Elizabeth was abducted. Something needs to be done. She needs to be placed in the National spotlight again 3 days coverage and two years later the Kennewick detective working the case is no closer than the night she disappeared.

bump

bump for beautiful child

Search For Sofia Juarez Leads To Prosser Farm July 6, 2005

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/?archive=98

(Search For Sofia Juarez Leads To Prosser Farm July 6, 2005 By Bryan Johnson They searched an area behind a farm after a tip from a drug informant indicated she might have been buried there, but search came up empty so far. BENTON COUNTY - Detectives from Kennewick were joined Wednesday by investigators from the Benton County coroner's office and a forensic anthropologist from the King County Medical Examiner's office in a search of a farm near Prosser. The group is searching for a 5-year-old child who disappeared in Kennewick in Feb. 2003. Sofia Juarez was the first child in Washington state for whom an Amber Alert was issued. Police are not saying what brought them to a 43-acre farm north of Prosser in Benton County. But sources say an informant held on a drug investigation told them Juarez's body could be found in a silage area behind two homes on the property. Five cadaver dogs from King County searched the site earlier. The forensic anthropologist joined the search Wednesday as a backhoe scooped up dirt from the silage area -- dirt that was then carefully raked by detectives. Detective Sergeant Randy Maynard of the Kennewick Police Department told KOMO 4 News: "Conditions for the search are not the best." He said it's hot, the wind is blowing and the silage is in various stages of decomposition. After an eight-hour search on Wednesday, Maynard said so far they have not found any evidence to back up the tip. But he said that does not mean that the tip is false. The search ended at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, but detectives will be back at the scene Thursday and hope to complete the search this week. Detectives say they plan to meet next with the prosecutor, but that is not because they have found new evidence. The meeting is planned because the Benton County Sheriff's Office, the prosecutor and the Kennewick Police Department are working as closely together as possible in an effort to solve the two-year-old missing child mystery. http://www.komotv.com)

Oh, that's a horrible age progression! She looks like an old woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieJane
    Oh, that's a horrible age progression! She looks like an old woman.

I looked at that picture and said to myself "that's awful..that's not a picture of a 7 or 8 yr old little girl!" I guess that artist hasn't been around little kids.

I wonder what happened to this little girl. I hadn't heard of her before. Hope she is found.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Bump for Sofia. Any progress on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Angel
    Why isn't she listed on the Missing and Exploited web page? .
    she is ... the very first post here has the link ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast