863 users online (108 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ryan O'Neal Arrested For Assulting Son

http://www.wsbtv.com/entertainment/10927325/detail.html

MALIBU, Calif. -- Police have arrested Oscar-nominated actor Ryan O'Neal on assault charges.

Deputies and paramedics arrived at O'Neal's Malibu residence early Saturday morning on a battery call. Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. John Benedict said the actor allegedly assaulted his adult son, Griffin.

Benedict did not provide details on what caused the fight and says an investigation is under way.

The 65-year-old actor was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm. He was booked and released on a $50,000 bond.

Benedict said no one was treated for injuries.

The twice-divorced Ryan O'Neal, known for his boyish good looks, went from a TV soap opera to an Oscar-nominated role in "Love Story." With his first wife, Joanna Moore, he has two children, Griffin and actress Tatum O'Neal. He also has a son, Redmond, with actress Farrah Fawcett.

In 2001, he was diagnosed with leukemia.

Griffin O'Neal has a history of trouble. In 1986, he was acquitted of manslaughter for a boating accident that killed director Francis Ford Coppola's 23-year-old son, Gian-Carlo. In 1992, he avoided a possible three-year jail sentence by pleading no contest to charges he shot at his estranged girlfriend's unoccupied car.

I read this earlier, I wonder what this was all about? I want to read that book "Paper Life" by Tatum, they had a horrible upbringing. I can only imagine what happened here?

It seems there was always bad blood between Ryan and Griffin. Griffin is a troubled soul ... but then again Ryan would never win a father of the year award either. A very dysfunctional family to say the least.

wow--must have been some fight since a gun was fired--we'll be hearing a lot more about this pretty soon--this is one really messed up family

I was really disappointed to read this.

I was hoping Farrah's illness (and now, clean bill of health) would have made Ryan take stock of his life and really love his family the way they deserve.

I was wishing for that too Idaho. It seems like trouble follows them. Very sad.

Didn't Oneal beat Farrah?

Family history: I remember when Ryan punched Griffin's front teeth out about 15 years ago---Tatum got into heroin and lost her kids to MacEnroe--and Redmond has also had some drug problems--could be genetic factors here also--but E channel did a THS on them and said Ryan was effectively a really lazy father who let his kids do whatever they wanted as teenagers,sounds like they were pretty spoiled as well as having selfish parents

That family is a mess. I can't say I was surprised to read this.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    I remember she accused him of it, don't know if it was ever proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    wow--must have been some fight since a gun was fired--we'll be hearing a lot more about this pretty soon--this is one really messed up family
    yep...Ryan has a 'temper', & uses his fists??...he punched Griffin once & knocked one of his top front teeth out....it was a long time ago

i've never heard/read that.....

I think we're supposed to say "alleged" until he's convicted.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Oneal must have never been charged, but I remember seeing pics of Farrah with some bruises and I think a busted lip.

Oneal must have never been charged, but I remember seeing pics of Farrah with some bruises and I think a busted lip.
    That was from another boyfriend who did beat her, I remember that. It wasnt too long ago, maybe a few years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast