842 users online (174 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IN - Vivian Borysiak, 54, South Bend, 3 Feb 2007

The family of a missing South Bend woman offers a $5,000 dollar reward for any information about her disapperance.

54 year old Vivian Borysiak was last heard from on Friday night.

Saturday afternoon, police found Borysiak's car running in the parking lot of her Wildflower Way apartment complex with her purse inside.

Officers and a K-9 Unit canvassed the area, but turned up nothing.

Borysiak's family tells FOX 28 they are extremely worried and suspect foul play.
    Neighbors are also concerned.

Jocelyn Esch, who lives near Borysiak says, "I felt pretty shocked. I feel sick to my stomach a little bit and quite concerned. I can't stop thinking about it, wondering where she is, what happened."

If you have any information that could help police track down Vivian Borysiak call South Bend Police at 235-9201.

http://www.fox28.com/News/index.php?ID=12953

The link didn't work for me but this is an odd case. Why? Hopefully by tomorrow this will have answers.

the linked worked for me, thats the complete information thats posted above. This is strange.

Very strange...her dog is missing too.

http://www.wndu.com/news/headlines/5549986.html

I wonder if maybe her dog got away from her - she goes trying to chase it down - perhaps fell? It seems the k-9 units would have come up with something if that had been the case, though. I'm just trying to think positive here.
    You put the light in me...

They should bring in some scent dogs and see if they can't find her trial. Were the dogs that they brought in trained to scent? If her car was running it sounds like she was going someplace and disappeared from her car. Didn't they say her purse was in her car? That's strange that whoever didn't grab her purse...if it was an abduction. I hope that they check a wide area around her home. So often a person is later found not far from their home.

any boyfriends? ex-boyfriends? ex-husbands?

Wednesday, South Bend Police used an Indiana State Police helicopter to fly along the St. Joseph River and the area surrounding Vivian Borysiak's home.

On Saturday, police found Borysiak's car running outside her condo with her purse still inside.

After an extensive ground search with a K9 unit, investigators tried to get on the river Tuesday, but the frigid weather kept them on shore.

South Bend Police Capt. Phil Trent says, "The area northeast of that housing complex is undeveloped and streches all the way from St. Joseph's High School to Saint Mary's before there's any development in there. So, it's such a big piece of real estate, that's why we're happy to use a helicopter rather than trying to do this on the ground."

Police say they received a few tips from the public, but so far no solid leads.

Anyone with information on Vivian's Borysiak's disappearance should call South Bend Police at 235-9361. Her family is offering a $5,000 reward

http://www.fox28.com/News/index.php?ID=13198

A very baffling case. If the car was running, have they determined for how long? They should be checking her records for the last time she obtained gasoline to help figure that out.

Her purse being left in a running car means it wasn't a robbery or an attempted carjacking. Leaving the scenarios of abduction, her going to chase her dog and ran into problems, or her willingly getting into someone else's car (perhaps they offered to help chase the dog). She might have left her car running to heat it and her purse thinking she was going around the block to retrieve the animal.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

SOUTH BEND -- A helicopter search of the St. Joseph River turned up no evidence Wednesday regarding the "suspicious" disappearance of a 54-year-old South Bend woman.

The aerial search began at 9:30 a.m. and included the river and the general area around the housing complex where Vivian Borysiak was last seen.

Officers stressed they had no information to suggest Borysiak may be in the water, but that they were attempting to be as thorough as possible and "leave no stone unturned."

more:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...ws01/702080321

I think the theory in mistivon's link is entirely possible.

Maybe she needed to walk the dog, decided to start the car and let it warm up while doing so, dog runs onto the pond, slips through the ice and she tries to save him......

Sad story and probably little or no possibility of a good outcome.

This is a very strange case. The only logical thing is the dog goes out on the ice, falls in, she tries to save him. But then there would be evidence of broken ice. Was there snow on the ground that would have revealed foottracks?

South Bend police remain hopeful as well.
    They tell us Borysiak was well connected in the community, so they’re lots of questions that need to be asked. “A lot of people to ask when did they see her, did she say anything about leaving. We’re far from hitting a wall,” says Trent.

if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');Far from hitting a wall, but unfortunately close to ice.
    Divers searched one pond near Borysiak’s apartment yesterday, but had to quit when the equipment stopped working because of the cold.
    That search didn’t turn up anything. Leaving police unable to rule anything out.
    Borysiak’s neighbors say they're not ruling anything out either.

“It could have been an accident, but it also could have been somebody taking her,” says Kathy Burone, who lives at the same complex as Borysiak.
    Burone tells us, the cool temperatures aren’t the only thing that have her scared to go outside...
    “As somebody who lives out here and as a woman similar age, you think there go I. You know I have a little dog that I take out, and you think, gosh, could it be anybody.”

more:

http://www.wndu.com/news/headlines/5730371.html

SOUTH BEND -- As rescuers finished searching under one and then another pond near Vivian Borysiak's home on Saturday, her disappearance remained as puzzling as ever.

"We have not developed any new leads," said Rick Ruszkowski, an investigator with the South Bend Police Department.

Police have been looking for the missing 54-year-old woman since Feb. 3. On Saturday, they finished searching an icy pond directly behind her condominium in the 1500 block of Wildflower Way.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...ws01/702110322

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    This is a very strange case. The only logical thing is the dog goes out on the ice, falls in, she tries to save him. But then there would be evidence of broken ice. Was there snow on the ground that would have revealed foottracks?
    This was in Indianna, I live next door in Ohio and we have quite a bit of snow so they should too. The last good snow was about a week ago and it has been cold ever since with very little melting.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast