1306 users online (260 members and 1046 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Meth Users Drinking Urine To Get High

Almost two years ago I was a meth addict. I've been clean ever since. I used for almost two years but no one ever would have guessed, other than my weight loss. I didn't have sores on my skin and my teeth are straight, white, and clean and although I was painfully addicted I never let my bills go unpaid or sold my body to get dope. I know all that is kinda off-topic, I just didn't want anyone to think I am some kind of sick-looking-prostitute-monster like some addicts are portrayed.
    But what I really wanted to say is how sad this story made me feel. It is disgusting, and something I would have never in a million years done. But I really do feel sad for anyone who has an addiction so bad that they have to resort to something like this just to try and feel good. I think I would rather be dead than this far gone.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/20...tml&frame=true

Some hard-core methamphetamine addicts will do anything to get high, including collecting and drinking the urine of other users.

Police in New Mexico recently discovered meth users running "urine extraction" labs, reported Minnesota's news station WCCO.

The first indication of the new trend came when deputies opened up a smelly rented storage locker where they found 50 1-gallon jugs of urine. Police told the owners to throw away the contents, which made them physically ill. (more at link)

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain
    Almost two years ago I was a meth addict. I've been clean ever since. I used for almost two years but no one ever would have guessed, other than my weight loss. I didn't have sores on my skin and my teeth are straight, white, and clean and although I was painfully addicted I never let my bills go unpaid or sold my body to get dope. I know all that is kinda off-topic, I just didn't want anyone to think I am some kind of sick-looking-prostitute-monster like some addicts are portrayed.
    But what I really wanted to say is how sad this story made me feel. It is disgusting, and something I would have never in a million years done. But I really do feel sad for anyone who has an addiction so bad that they have to resort to something like this just to try and feel good. I think I would rather be dead than this far gone.

Some hard-core methamphetamine addicts will do anything to get high, including collecting and drinking the urine of other users.

Police in New Mexico recently discovered meth users running "urine extraction" labs, reported Minnesota's news station WCCO.

The first indication of the new trend came when deputies opened up a smelly rented storage locker where they found 50 1-gallon jugs of urine. Police told the owners to throw away the contents, which made them physically ill. (more at link)
    Firstly- good for you White Rain!!!!!
    Ex addict here also (but not to meth) who never sold her body or let her bills go unpaid..

But, never say never...

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Firstly- good for you White Rain!!!!!
    Ex addict here also (but not to meth) who never sold her body or let her bills go unpaid..

But, never say never...
    Hey Narla we meet again -recovering addict here, too.

Congrats White Rain on your two years. I hope you can continue to stay clean. Be very proud of your accomplishment.

I personally believe EVERYONE has some type of addiction, whether it be drugs, alcohol, eating, shopping, gambling, etc etc.

ETA: URINE FOR SALE..... CHEAP!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    Hey Narla we meet again -recovering addict here, too.

Congrats White Rain on your two years. I hope you can continue to stay clean. Be very proud of your accomplishment.

I personally believe EVERYONE has some type of addiction, whether it be drugs, alcohol, eating, shopping, gambling, etc etc.

ETA: URINE FOR SALE..... CHEAP!
    Hey Poco

Who would have thought when we kissed that we would actually have something in common LOL

I agree.

Hey Poco

Who would have thought when we kissed that we would actually have something in common LOL

I agree.
    Narla I never would have guessed you as an addict, good on you for believing in yourself enough to give it away, it takes a lot of courage and self confidence, you are a special person.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza
    Narla I never would have guessed you as an addict, good on you for believing in yourself enough to give it away, it takes a lot of courage and self confidence, you are a special person.
    Awww thanks Shaz, I'm embarrased about it actually.....I'm a million miles away from all that now...............

I was one of the lucky ones.

So it doesn't surprise you that I was....... geez.

(Narla babes, love ya!)

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Awww thanks Shaz, I'm embarrased about it actually.....I'm a million miles away from all that now...............

I was one of the lucky ones.
    I have family members on my hubbys side that are still addicts, we tried to help but they didnt want it. They look terrible and their lives are in disarray it is so sad but there isnt anymore we can do to help. It makes me so sad.
    Dont be embarrassed narla, you are a courageous and strong person to be a million miles from it all now. Congrats to you.

I have family members on my hubbys side that are still addicts, we tried to help but they didnt want it. They look terrible and their lives are in disarray it is so sad but there isnt anymore we can do to help. It makes me so sad.
    Dont be embarrassed narla, you are a courageous and strong person to be a million miles from it all now. Congrats to you.
    Humpf!!!!

(Narla babes, love ya!)
    Sorry poco, its just that i know narla a little better than I know you. But good on ya and keep up the good work.

(Narla babes, love ya!)
    Ooohhh, one kiss and look what happens LOL

Ooohhh, one kiss and look what happens LOL
    Maybe I'll come visit again soon!!!!

My sister was a meth user for 2 years also... but her meth addiction led to cancer in her arm, which was then amputated trying to save her life. It didn't work. She died within 1 year of diagnosis. She left behind a little boy, who I'm now raising. I commend all of you who have been able to kick the habit because I know it's not easy.

And, Poco, I agree... I think all of us have some kind of addiction. Some are just more socially acceptable than others but they all serve the purpose of avoiding our feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain

Recovering addict here as well with the same relatively high bottom from an oustide-looking-in perspective. Always had a job, never had to sell my body, etc...but still did plenty of lying, cheating, stealing and degrading myself in other ways to get what I needed. I aways just feel grateful and blessed that I didn't go as low as some others because, quite frankly, I believe I could have.

I think bottoms for addicts have a nurture component. I grew up in an addicted family where the unspoken message was "As long as you do the things you're supposed to (go to work, don't get arrested, get decent grades, look presentable, etc...etc...) it's okay to use as much as you can handle. So it was always important to me to appear to have things together on the outside even when I was dying on the inside...kind of like a double-life.

Congrats to everyone who has touched that darkness and chosen a different path! I still struggle with wanting to use so I am truly grateful for each day clean.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Congrats to ALL of you who have beat their demons! I'm an addict in recovery as well but my drugs of choice came from a Doctors prescription pad.

It is not easy but keep on keeping on!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast