1135 users online (162 members and 973 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Ella Bennett, 4, murdered, Abilene, 4 Feb 2007

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/nw...329828,00.html

February 5, 2007

Posted 11:15 a.m. Abilene police have arrested a 13-year-old boy for allegedly stabbing his 4-year-old half-sister to death Sunday night. The boy is being held at the Abilene-Taylor County Juvenile Detention Center. He faces capital murder charges, said Sgt. Tony Lassetter with the Abilene Police Department's youth division.

He said the boy called 9-1-1 at 11:29 p.m. Sunday, indicating someone was injured at the home. When police arrived, they found Ella Bennett, 4, in a bedroom stabbed multiple times with a knife. She was dead.
    The children's mother was at work at the time of the incident. A babysitter watching the children earlier that evening had left.

This happened in a nice neighborhood and both children attend a very good private Christian school. I wonder what was going on with the boy to make him murder such a young child?

We had another 4yr old girl killed accidentally in a drive-by shooting just two weeks ago. She was not the target, a bullet just came thru the wall and hit her in the head as she slept. I hope she never had a chance to feel the pain.

Our community doesn't usually see this type of voilence involving little children, especially not outright , on purpose murder!

I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Susan

How sad! This is the kind of story that chills me to the bone. I would like to know if the boy had ever been in trouble... had always lived with mom... etc... Thanks for Letting us know if anything more becomes available.

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/nw...331288,00.html

About a week ago, the family moved from a 3,577-square-foot home it built in 2004 to a two-bedroom, one-bath rental home ...The family's former home on Road Runner Court in University Hills has been for sale. It was last listed at $334,900.

...The Walters said the girl's teenage brother was quiet and favored a Goth look, dressing in all black. He was often skateboarding outside his home but not with other children. He frequently checked on his little sister when she visited the Walters' home. The couple said he seemed like a courteous, thoughtful older brother.

The sitter is said to have left after the little girl fell asleep. Ella was found in her bed. I wonder if she was killed in her sleep?

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Just some updates because I just came across this thread and got curious about what happened:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=529122

On Wednesday, the judge decided he would spend the rest of his sentence in an adult Texas prison. It was back in 2007, Paris was 13-years-old when he stabbed his 4-year-old sister, Ella.

Lee also says she knows that Paris killed her daughter to hurt and destroy. She says the first time she knew Paris wanted to cause her harm was when he was only 8 years old. He wrote a letter to Lee stating he wanted to kill her. She even said he used three different colored markers, using red to write kill and murder in bold letters.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...r-talks-about/

Six months after the killing, Paris Bennett pleaded "true" to capital murder and was sentenced to 40 years in prison. Because he was 13, he was not certified as an adult to stand trial.

Ella's mom, Charity Lee has started a non-profit called the ELLA foundation. For a woman who has lost so much, she seems to be turning a horrible thing into something positive.

Just wanted to add in case somebody comes along and reads this thread that the details of what happened to little Ella before she died are very hard to read and I cannot imagine the terror she felt. I wish I had just stopped after finding out if Paris Bennett was in jail or not. Anyway, here is the paragraph. This is from the Ella Foundations webpage.

On February 4, 2007, while Charity was at work, her thirteen-year-old son Paris convinced the babysitter to go home early, telling her he would take care of his 4-year old sister Ella. After she left, he sexually assaulted then beat, choked, and stabbed Ella 17 times, ultimately causing her death.

Did he really only plead to murder?
    So he won't be labeled a sex offender?

I wonder what he saw on TV, real life, the internet, what he may have read, or heard his friends, or someone else talk about, that made him do this. You don't just wake up one morning and out of the blue say, "I think I'll sexually assault my 4 year old sister, and kill her."

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    I wonder what he saw on TV, real life, the internet, what he may have read, or heard his friends, or someone else talk about, that made him do this. You don't just wake up one morning and out of the blue say, "I think I'll sexually assault my 4 year old sister, and kill her."
    Sometimes psychopaths are just born

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

You have to be kidding me. Two sibling child murders in one week. This is devastating.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    You have to be kidding me. Two sibling child murders in one week. This is devastating.
    This is a very old case, it was just bumped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Did you read the story of the mother's childhood? Her father was murdered and at one time her mother was the suspect.
    Very interesting, indeed.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

I was researching this case on the internet which by the way were heartbreaking. That poor little girl. This guy should get the death penalty for what he did. My daughter just turned 4 and the thought of her big brothers doing anything like that, I just cannot think about it. Anyway, I searched his name and found this question put on a lawyers search engine, "My son was molested while living with his mother and I want full custody. She lives in Abilene and I live in Paris, TX." I mention it because it relates because they live in Abilene and his name is Paris plus the way he treated his sister by sexually assaulting and toturing her to get back at his mom suggests anger. She said he wanted her dead at age 8. Does anyone know if he was? It would explain somewhat but in no means excuse.

http://www.legaljet.com/search_resul...ve+In+Paris+Tx
    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2