Jeffrey Dahmer linked to Adam Walsh murder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaia

Cat Servant
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This was in the news today, but I haven't read or heard much more about it. Anyone out there know more?

gaia;)

Two witnesses identify Dahmer at the mall where Adam was kidnapped, on the day Adam was kidnapped:

Did Dahmer Have One More Victim?
Witnesses Say They Saw Dahmer In Mall Where Adam Walsh Disappeared

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/10903529/detail.html

I was living in Florida in 1981, and had 3 young children, which horrified me all the more that Adam had been kidnapped from a Sears store's toy department.

I hope there's enough evidence to be found that can make a determination that would satisfy Adam's parents that law enforcement finally finish a competent investigation.

Thanks LP, that was a totally interesting article and seems to have some merit. CNN has had some reporting on this today and I got a sec or two but this article puts it into perspective for me.

I say this is a possibility.

Wish they could find the old blue van...probably in a scrapyard but with today's forensics it could be a mine field of info.

gaia said:
This was in the news today, but I haven't read or heard much more about it. Anyone out there know more?

gaia;)
No but that would surprise me. I think even John Walsh really believes Otis Toole killed Adam.

I dont know what to make of this. I believe that even JW has said he thinks that Otis Toole killed adam. Who know's.:confused:

I definitely do not believe Dahmer did this one. Dahmer wanted to tell the details of what he did - most serial killers do - to get the credit, the recognition. They are already caught, and not at all worried about what one more number would do to them. I fully believe he would have said he did it, if he did it. I think it's another "lets get this one off the books and look good" issue, not a Dahmer issue.

michelle said:
I dont know what to make of this. I believe that even JW has said he thinks that Otis Toole killed adam. Who know's.:confused:

This is interesting. But I'm leery of eyewitnesses who identified Dahmer from newspaper coverage 10 years after the fact. I don't think they're lying, mind you. But I think it would be very easy - 10 years later - to associate that terrible day with newspaper coverage of somewhat similar crimes.

It seems precisely the sort of ID that would be thrown out if police conducted it. (Of course, the issue now isn't admissibility in court, but still...)

GlitchWizard said:
I definitely do not believe Dahmer did this one. Dahmer wanted to tell the details of what he did - most serial killers do - to get the credit, the recognition. They are already caught, and not at all worried about what one more number would do to them. I fully believe he would have said he did it, if he did it. I think it's another "lets get this one off the books and look good" issue, not a Dahmer issue.

I tend to agree with you. He admitted, sometimes probably too much :sick: , exactly what he did to his victims. :sick: Why stop short of confessing about Adam? Besides, he liked his victims older. Adam was 6.

The thing that makes me wonder just a bit is that Florida has a death penalty where Wisconsin does not. Perhaps Dahmer didn't trust LE that the death penalty wouldn't be on the table? Maybe he liked serving his life sentence in Portage, Wisconsin rather than taking the risk of being sent to Florida's death row.

I dont believe he did it either. I am always worried when a witness comes forth many years later.

GlitchWizard said:

Most serials will hold back info on one or two, I think some figure they may need that info at some future point to bargain. Some will conceal a crime they may feel didn't go well or didn't meet their "standards." If you think back to many serial confessions, most will either deny one or two suspected crimes or throw out teasers about others then deny them.
If Dalmer did it, he may have denied because of Adam's age, it was outside his usual range.

mysteriew said:
Most serials will hold back info on one or two, I think some figure they may need that info at some future point to bargain. Some will conceal a crime they may feel didn't go well or didn't meet their "standards." If you think back to many serial confessions, most will either deny one or two suspected crimes or throw out teasers about others then deny them.
If Dalmer did it, he may have denied because of Adam's age, it was outside his usual range.
What makes you think most serials hold back information on one or two? I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I don't see it. The serial killers I know of spill it all and in great detail.

I've heard that serial killers have some victims that they're not "proud" of. Remember BTK had one that he lost control of? And he never gloated about that one. Maybe, IF dahmer killed Adam, he's just not proud of it?

michelle said:
In his book, Tears of Rage, which was published in 1997, I think he believed Otis Toole did it. I just checked my book to see date of publication. It has been a while since I read it. Many times eyewitnesses can't identify someone right after it happened, much less years later. People change a lot in ten years anyway.

Its very sad that le didnt check it out further. Regardless of it not resulting in a charge does not mean it wouldnt give his family some peace possibly knowing adam's killer isnt walking this earth. With dahmer's dad calling them also makes me question that it might be, he obviously thought it was very possible it was his son who did this. Being his father he would know more of what dahmer was capable of then we would.

mssheila said:
I've heard that serial killers have some victims that they're not "proud" of. Remember BTK had one that he lost control of? And he never gloated about that one. Maybe, IF dahmer killed Adam, he's just not proud of it?
My pen pal serial killer isn't proud of any of his. When he was caught, he opened up and told them about everything, even one they never knew about. (A hooker that wasn't reported missing, ever.) When he described how he felt when he was in custody, it was relief that he could just get it all out and hold nothing back. He did say that many people like him are interested in the limelight and will admit to things they didn't even do just to boost their "kill" numbers, and they love to brag, but he said he doesn't imagine one would just forget, or hide one or two - once they admit to one it all comes out. It's a different story for someone who would deny everything, though. But then again, those who deny everything might be telling the truth, too. You never know until you know.

I just feel people want this to be the case, to bring closure to this since the boy was so young and is basically everyone's child. It doesn't close it if it's not the right guy, though.

Otis Toole, a serial killer, confessed, then recanted the confession of killing Adam Walsh. John Walsh, Adam's father, thought in 1996 that Toole was likely the killer, but there was no evidence. Toole died in prison without ever confessing again.

Adam Walsh's murder remains unsolved.

Discovering that Jeffrey Dahmer, another serial killer, lived nearby when Adam Walsh was kidnapped and murdered is at least enough to spark a thorough investigation. And since 2 witnesses claim to have seen someone who they recognize as Dahmer at the mall...even more so on the need for investigation.

Can't find the blue van from the restaurant after 27 years? Maybe an earnest investigation can find it. Lots of maybes, but the case warrants a sincere try.

LovelyPigeon said:
Otis Toole, a serial killer, confessed, then recanted the confession of killing Adam Walsh. John Walsh, Adam's father, thought in 1996 that Toole was likely the killer, but there was no evidence. Toole died in prison without ever confessing again.

Discovering that Jeffrey Dahmer, another serial killer, lived nearby when Adam Walsh was kidnapped and murdered is at least enough to spark a thorough investigation. And since 2 witnesses claim to have seen someone who they recognize as Dahmer at the mall...even more so on the need for investigation.

Can't find the blue van from the restaurant after 27 years? Maybe an earnest investigation can find it. Lots of maybes, but the case warrants a sincere try.

Just saw an interview with John Walsh and he mentioned all you have said in your post. He wants his sons death investigated.

GlitchWizard said:
What makes you think most serials hold back information on one or two? I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I don't see it. The serial killers I know of spill it all and in great detail.

I don't know about most, but I have certainly read of several who confessed "selectively." I just finished Deranged about Albert Fish. Fish confessed to the killing with which he was charged, but only later admitted to a few others. His psychiatrists thought there were even more he wouldn't admit. (I'm mentioning this only because I just read the book over the weekend.)

As others have said, Dahmer may have been trying to avoid Florida, because FL has the d.p. Or maybe he simply didn't want to be sent so far from Wisconsin. Or maybe he was embarrassed by the age of young Walsh.

Of course it does! There is one thing about humans - even though we are creatures of habit, there is no law of nature that keeps us from doing something different!

I am more likely to believe a confession than a denial. Personally, recanting a confession is not something I take seriously. Kind of like Coey pleading not guilty. Please.

LovelyPigeon said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave