1183 users online (219 members and 964 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Isaac Hernandez, 14 mos, beaten to death in Pasadena, 28 Jan 2007

The article begins...

...The father of a 14-month-old boy remains jailed today after being charged with injury to a child that resulted in the boy's death...

Awful, awful BUT then you read....

...Hernandez had been out of jail on a $30,000 bond for an injury to a child charge after being accused of shaking the same boy when he was a month old...A provision in Hernandez' bond agreement was that he have no contact with the child...

And if that isn't enough....
    ...The boys' mother, Jessica Ann Emhoolah, 21, went through counseling and parenting classes and the children were returned to her on Nov. 21...

...Emhoolah, however, allowed Hernandez to reside at her apartment...
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4527619.html

I think the charges should be just as harsh..or worse for the so-called mother...

They both need punished to the extreme. I cannot stand people who hurt kids or animals. I love both...somebody dropped off a female dog here about a month ago, she is already house broken, listens very well, etc., put an ad in the local paper, etc...nothing, so we kept her. Some people should NOT HAVE KIDS OR ANIMALS.

Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    The article begins...

...The father of a 14-month-old boy remains jailed today after being charged with injury to a child that resulted in the boy's death...

Awful, awful BUT then you read....

...Hernandez had been out of jail on a $30,000 bond for an injury to a child charge after being accused of shaking the same boy when he was a month old...A provision in Hernandez' bond agreement was that he have no contact with the child...

And if that isn't enough....
    ...The boys' mother, Jessica Ann Emhoolah, 21, went through counseling and parenting classes and the children were returned to her on Nov. 21...

...Emhoolah, however, allowed Hernandez to reside at her apartment...
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4527619.html

I think the charges should be just as harsh..or worse for the so-called mother...

I found this article buried in the metro section of the ajc. I have never heard of this case, or if I did I had forgotten about it. This child, Josef Mykal Smith was beaten with belts and forced to pray to Jesus while his parents watched on closed circuit TV. Another child died at 18 months but there is no indication that it was a criminal death. It seems they played with their child's life for some sick purpose.

Again, it was 2 people. In this case it was participatory and in the other it was 1 with a silent partner.In any case, this is working in teams. JMO.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...5sondeath.html

Jessica Emhoolah is due in the Harris County District Court at 9:00 a.m. on 09/17/2010.