MI - Alexandria, 8, & Ashley Kukla, 5, stabbed to death, Macomb, 4 Feb 2007

JinxieJada

Former Member
Reaction score
Taken from Clickondetroit.com - I personally don't like the way it's worded,but then probably because I don't think that having financial issues, or working for Mickey Dee's, or being single, automatically make you a murderer, but again, that's just me...(grumpy mood this morning..sorry..
furious.gif
) I do think this is a sad, sad situation as well as deeper than I think may totally be discovered, just from the little bit mentioned and how far this woman ended up going.

MACOMB TOWNSHIP -- Neighbors and even veteran police officers say they were stunned by a brutal double murder inside a mobile home off M-59 in Macomb Township, Local 4 reported.Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said it was a very graphic situation, very sad and the officers were left shaken.Police said a 30-year old single mother was being questioned Sunday night after her two daughters, ages 5 and 8, were found stabbed to death inside their home.
Three of the family's dogs and even a pet mouse were also stabbed repeatedly.Police have not released a motive for the murders, but neighbors told Local 4 the woman was raising her children alone, worked at McDonalds and had financial problems.The woman, who reportedly told police "I hurt my kids," is being held in the Macomb County Jail.

JinxieJada said:
Taken from Clickondetroit.com - I personally don't like the way it's worded,but then probably because I don't think that having financial issues, or working for Mickey Dee's, or being single, automatically make you a murderer, but again, that's just me...(grumpy mood this morning..sorry..http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/furious.gif) I do think this is a sad, sad situation as well as deeper than I think may totally be discovered, just from the little bit mentioned and how far this woman ended up going.

MACOMB TOWNSHIP -- Neighbors and even veteran police officers say they were stunned by a brutal double murder inside a mobile home off M-59 in Macomb Township, Local 4 reported.Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said it was a very graphic situation, very sad and the officers were left shaken.Police said a 30-year old single mother was being questioned Sunday night after her two daughters, ages 5 and 8, were found stabbed to death inside their home.
Three of the family's dogs and even a pet mouse were also stabbed repeatedly.Police have not released a motive for the murders, but neighbors told Local 4 the woman was raising her children alone, worked at McDonalds and had financial problems.The woman, who reportedly told police "I hurt my kids," is being held in the Macomb County Jail.
Of course those things do not make someone a murderer, but she said she hurt or kids, right? How sad......All the animals stabbed as well. Someone was full of rage, poor kids.:banghead:

teonspaleprincess said:
I bet she will say she WAS going to kill herself also...wish she had succeeded, would save us the time and trouble. Poor babies.
I agree!

kahskye said:
Hackel said the woman apparently had no criminal record but may have had "some mental health issues."

"May have had some mental health issues?" It's bad enough she murdered her own children, but to kill the family dogs and a little mouse, that sure sounds like a mental case to me.
Yes that struck me as very odd. Of course killing your children is the worst of all! Afreaking mouse though, how did she get to it? I wonder if it was like a pet hampster or something. :confused:

teonspaleprincess said:
I bet she will say she WAS going to kill herself also...wish she had succeeded, would save us the time and trouble. Poor babies.

Yep! I don't care HOW crazy I am- I'd kill myself if that's what it took to keep my child safe!

teonspaleprincess said:
The article did say that it was a pet mouse.
Pet mice would be hard to stab, too. She had to have held it and skewered it more than stabbed it. (I have snakes, thus handle alot of mice.) This is one that I will not shake my head and say she is faking insanity.

This snip keeps leaping out at me - runaway thoughts..so bear with me eh?

Hackel said the sister never entered the dwelling. She told police she had visited her sister Saturday night to help her clean the house out of concern for her sister's children, the sheriff said. She reported leaving around 11 p.m.

There's been alot of hoopla around here about Child protective services "hoarding" kids for the bonuses that are supposedly doled out to the workers. Is it a possibility that this woman was getting ready to lose her kids..(this semi goes along with the she meant to kill herself to for whatever reason) If you type into google "Michigan FIA game..you'll come across some pretty interesting reading, one that would make someone freak if they had a runin with them. As stated above though, I have no clue whether this is true, I've read some articles in the local county papers that would go with the rumors as well as the typical stuff against it.

Anyways, it's just a thought, but with what was stated, and with what local talk is, just made me wonder..kwim?

Mom stabbed to death 2 daughters, police say

Suspect sat alone all night in home with bodies of girls, ages 9, 5

PUBLISHED: February 5, 2007

By Mitch Hotts
Macomb Daily Staff Writer

A Macomb Township woman is in police custody today after she was accused of the gruesome killing of her two daughters and an assortment of pets, according to the Macomb County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's investigators were still at the home late Sunday in the Hometown Macomb manufactured housing complex on M-59 east of Romeo Plank, where police said they recovered several large bloody knives used in the attack.

"It's an extremely horrific scene," said Macomb Sheriff Mark Hackel.

The sheriff's office plans to file homicide charges against the woman for the stabbing deaths of her two daughters, ages 5 and 9. Also killed in the attack were three dogs and a pet mouse that was housed in a cage. Police said the woman's sister called 911 about 6:30 p.m. after entering the home and discovering the suspect sitting alone amid the carnage. The Macomb County Medical Examiner's Office determined the children had been dead "for some time."

More at link: http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/020507/loc_20070205001.shtml

Because of the children's ages, I don't think this woman was suffering from PPD. Gosh, she killed her children and her pets.:)
Where was her husband, family, etc? Had she previously shown any signs of depression?
From the article:

A 2005 study by the Journal of American Academy for Psychiatry and the Law found a high degree of mental illness and suicidal tendencies for women accused of filicide, the term for parents who kill their children.

The majority of cases in the study were identified as psychotic altruistic, where the parents believe they were relieving the suffering of their children.

SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A woman who police say was hearing voices was charged Monday with fatally stabbing her two young daughters, whose bodies were found side by side in their home.

Jennifer Kukla, 30, was arraigned on first-degree murder charges in the slayings of Alexandria, 8, and Ashley, 5. She was ordered held without bail, and she could get life in prison without parole if convicted.

Police said that Kukla acknowledged killing her daughters and that alcohol may have been a factor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206...egJx5CXWg5vzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

Wouldn't it be something if a parent who murders children committed suicide first?

I don't know why I even read news like this...It makes me wonder what in the .... is the matter with this world. Of course I wonder that everyday when I face the kids who didn't die but survived...Any chance at a normal life is gone...I don't care if the parents were sick or sane...You maim anything helpless you have done irreparable harm. Punishment should be swift and just - and complete.

So why do I read these things? So when a child looks at me in anger, with hatred for the world...only then can I understand.

This isn't a case where mental illness applies. This is straight up evil.

GlitchWizard said:
She stabbed a mouse? You'd have to have some spectacular aim for that.
How anything in this sad saga could make me laugh, I have no idea,,,,but Glitchwizard has done it!!

Back to the story, I don't know where mental illness ends and evil begins, or vice versa but I often wonder about it when I'm reading on here. And that brings me to another question, WHY do I read these things?????? Something about Abnormal/Forensic Psychology fascinates me; the fact that our few pounds of grey matter can be twisted toward violence by genetics, or damaged through physical, emotional, psychology insult, or altered by chemicals and that those factors lead to such brutal actions as this mother took. It's like a huge puzzle and I guess therein is the attraction for me. That and the fact that I hope one day I'll learn of some info that will aid in solving the case of Dail Dinwiddie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back