1167 users online (251 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Head blow vs strangulation

I know this has been covered here somewhere and I have looked to no avail. If someone could be so kind to direct me, or just continue it here....I do have a question.

The autopsy shows, from what I understand of it, that there was little bleeding in the head wound. If the head wound came first, seems to me there would have been substantial bleeding inside the skull that would have shown up during the autopsy...leads one to believe that the strangulation came first. I don't feel that way, but reading the autopsy makes me stop and wonder....

Perhaps, I have misunderstood...if so, someone clarify for me please.

Quote Originally Posted by santos1014
    I know this has been covered here somewhere and I have looked to no avail. If someone could be so kind to direct me, or just continue it here....I do have a question.

The autopsy shows, from what I understand of it, that there was little bleeding in the head wound. If the head wound came first, seems to me there would have been substantial bleeding inside the skull that would have shown up during the autopsy...leads one to believe that the strangulation came first. I don't feel that way, but reading the autopsy makes me stop and wonder....

It's possible that it happened this way...a head blow knocked her out, Patsy thought that she was dead...the staging and strangulation occurred...and in part of the staging..she could have been hit on the head a second time...with THAT time being the one that bashed her skull in. That would explain the lack of substantial bleeding inside the skull. IMO
    "This time we get it right."

Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    It's possible that it happened this way...a head blow knocked her out, Patsy thought that she was dead...the staging and strangulation occurred...and in part of the staging..she could have been hit on the head a second time...with THAT time being the one that bashed her skull in. That would explain the lack of substantial bleeding inside the skull. IMO
    Not bad Ames. Rashomon posted that there was a substantial amount of blood even though Cyril Wecht says maybe a few teaspoons. Steve Thomas said she was hemmorhaging.

What if she was strangled and hit (causing the large skull fracture) at the same time? With someone grabbing her by the collar and twisting it,and striking her at the same time? If she passed out just a tad prior to falling down from the fracture...could blood pressure have been lowered so that it caused less hemmorhaging in the brain??
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    What if she was strangled and hit (causing the large skull fracture) at the same time? With someone grabbing her by the collar and twisting it,and striking her at the same time? If she passed out just a tad prior to falling down from the fracture...could blood pressure have been lowered so that it caused less hemmorhaging in the brain??
    Good point! She may have had a weak heartbeat...therefore...slowing the speed of blood running through her body. This is the most likely scenario...I have thought this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Not bad Ames. Rashomon posted that there was a substantial amount of blood even though Cyril Wecht says maybe a few teaspoons. Steve Thomas said she was hemmorhaging.
    Whatever the case may be....a few teaspoons....hemmoraging.....the head blow came FIRST. IMO There is NO doubt in my mind...

Good point! She may have had a weak heartbeat...therefore...slowing the speed of blood running through her body. This is the most likely scenario...I have thought this before.
    And/or I wonder if it's possible that she may have went into an irregular heart rythmn from pressure on the vagus nerve when being strangled?That could lower BP and have caused her to pass out(?) Maybe someone thought her dead at this point,and she wasn't..thus the head blow was done if she regained conciouness?(b/f the ligature strangling).Is this what caused the scream that was heard??
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

And/or I wonder if it's possible that she may have went into an irregular heart rythmn from pressure on the vagus nerve when being strangled?That could lower BP and have caused her to pass out(?) Maybe someone thought her dead at this point,and she wasn't..thus the head blow was done if she regained conciouness?(b/f the ligature strangling).Is this what caused the scream that was heard??
    Could be, but I believe that she was out cold, during the strangulation. I believe that the scream that was heard was a frantic Patsy.

Could be, but I believe that she was out cold, during the strangulation. I believe that the scream that was heard was a frantic Patsy.
    Possible as well.I have to wonder if it was PR screaming after she came out of a psychotic episode and realized JB was dead.The neighbor may have heard a female scream,not necessarily a child's scream.In that case,it *could have been a boy screaming as well.But it doesn't sound like that was the case.
    Thinking back to the 911 call,PR did have a high voice in it.
    something to ponder:

Quote Originally Posted by santos1014

My guess is when that little piece of skull was displaced it allowed blood to seep out. So instead of having the blood between the skull and the brain, it is between the skull and the scalp.

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    My guess is when that little piece of skull was displaced it allowed blood to seep out. So instead of having the blood between the skull and the brain, it is between the skull and the scalp.

-Tea
    But wouldn't that very thing, the blood between the skull and the scalp, cause a bruise? TIA

I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

I read the article,but can someone answer this..which way is he saying he thinks JB was hit with the flashlight?Was someone standing in front of her,or from behind,when she was struck?
    something to ponder:

I read the article,but can someone answer this..which way is he saying he thinks JB was hit with the flashlight?Was someone standing in front of her,or from behind,when she was struck?
    JMO8778,

Answering this one might help explain what occurred.

But why do you whack your six-year old daughter on the head with a flashlight, unless you really mean to kill her.

Using the flashlight is not quite the same as a slap or a punch etc, there was such force used her skull was caved in, and that was accidental?

Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy
    JMO8778,

Answering this one might help explain what occurred.

But why do you whack your six-year old daughter on the head with a flashlight, unless you really mean to kill her.

Using the flashlight is not quite the same as a slap or a punch etc, there was such force used her skull was caved in, and that was accidental?

The flashlight was wiped down and left on the kitchen counter on purpose. This child was thrown against a hard surface such as the bathtub or the edge of the sink. The batteries in the flashlight are wiped down purposely to throw the police off and left on the table on purpose.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast