823 users online (112 members and 711 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Keith Urban Sues Keith Urban

I went and checked out the painter's website and from the quotes in this article, I don't get how Keith Urban, the musician, thinks the painter has been infringing on his name. He needs to get a freakin life. !!!!!!! How dare he suggest that the website domain be turned over to him? There are other Keith Urbans in this world. What an egotistical man! This reminds me of that time when Spike Lee tried to copyright his name. People were joking that every time someone in volleyball "spiked" a ball, he would demand royalties.

http://www.comcast.net/music/index.j...06/580150.html

The Web site includes the statement: "You have reached the site of Keith Urban. To those who don't know, oil painting is one of my hobbies." It then directs viewers to a gallery of paintings and offers a limited edition of prints for sale.

Urban _ whose Web address is keithurban.net _ argues that the New Jersey man is misleading people into believing the Web site belongs to him and is selling merchandise as if it were produced or endorsed by him.

Personally, i do think Keith Urban the painter is trying to cash in on Keith Urban the musician. why would he say it was one of his hobbies? to mislead, IMO.

'get a freakin life'?

you're very, very funny. keep it up.

If I accidentally were to click on painter Keith Urban's site and found no pictures or tour dates etc. regarding the singer Keith Urban then I would think to myself....'hmmmm, not the right Keith Urban"; then I might check out his oil paintings but probably not buy anything and then hit the back button and try the other site. How could you not figure out that they are same name but different people?

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf
    If I accidentally were to click on painter Keith Urban's site and found no pictures or tour dates etc. regarding the singer Keith Urban then I would think to myself....'hmmmm, not the right Keith Urban"; then I might check out his oil paintings but probably not buy anything and then hit the back button and try the other site. How could you not figure out that they are same name but different people?
    Me too, Smurf. I don't think it's deceptive because anyone would know that the website of the popular singer Keith Urban would be loaded with information about him, his music, his awards, his tour dates,etc....

www.keithurban.com is bush league, but not deceptive, IMHO.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I cannot stand this loser! I wonder what on earth Nicole Kidman see's in him?
    IMO she married him because Tom was getting married.

Can you imagine the poor lives of their children?? Daddy and his midlife crisis wife and Mom and her drug addicted loser....

I want to edit my opinion. On www.keithurban.com there are links to Buy Keith Urban concert tickets and buy Keith Urban albums - both these links take you to places selling the musician Keith Urban's concert tickets and albums....so I do think that is deceptive and misleading and the musician Keith Urban's attorneys probably have a case based on those links.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    I want to edit my opinion. On www.keithurban.com there are links to Buy Keith Urban concert tickets and buy Keith Urban albums - both these links take you to places selling the musician Keith Urban's concert tickets and albums....so I do think that is deceptive and misleading and the musician Keith Urban's attorneys probably have a case based on those links.
    Those advertising links are not put there by the site creater. They're put there by the host server based on words they find in a search of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Those advertising links are not put there by the site creater. They're put there by the host server based on words they find in a search of the site.
    Thanks, Mabel...well, I have to change my opinions again then! Though it could be argued that the website's creator knew his site would draw to the musician Keith Urban's links.

Thanks, Mabel...well, I have to change my opinions again then! Though it could be argued that the website's creator knew his site would draw to the musician Keith Urban's links.

And argued most convincingly, southcitymom! :smug smile of mine and nodding head:

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    And argued most convincingly, southcitymom! :smug smile of mine and nodding head:
    Hi Floh!

Hi Floh!
    Backatchoo.

Though it could be argued that the website's creator knew his site would draw to the musician Keith Urban's links.
    But if his name is Keith Urban, then what is he going to do? Change his name because another Keith Urban made it bigger than him? Keith-the-singer would love that huh. Well tough!

I've never liked Keith-the-singer... one of the few that I will actually change the stations for when his songs come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Backatchoo.
    Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine
    But if his name is Keith Urban, then what is he going to do? Change his name because another Keith Urban made it bigger than him? Keith-the-singer would love that huh. Well tough!

I've never liked Keith-the-singer... one of the few that I will actually change the stations for when his songs come on.
    NO, but he could make it obvious that he is not the musical Keith Urban - that he is an artist, etc...he could make the website disclose more about himself than about the musician. Right now, it fails to do that.

NO, but he could make it obvious that he is not the musical Keith Urban - that he is an artist, etc...he could make the website disclose more about himself than about the musician. Right now, it fails to do that.
    I'm sure glad I don't share my name with a 'celebrity'.... can't even choose how to build my own website then.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast