Identified! TX - Potter Co, WhtFem 55UFTX, 16-30, along hwy, Oct'83 - Bambi Dick

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
Myra Manley
Missing since September 2, 1983 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2105dfpa.html

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 26, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mole under right breast. Scar on right hand near the palm that is very noticeable.
Clothing: Myra was last seen wearing a tiger-print halter top, purple terrycloth shorts and brown canvas shoes.
Dentals: Available. All four wisdom teeth had been extracted. Previous braces. She also had a chipped upper front tooth (possibly the left) that had been repaired.
DNA: Available in Codis.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Manley was last seen her father's residence at the Presidential Apartments on City Line Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the afternoon of Friday, September 2, 1983. She was going to swim in the apartment complex pool. She never returned to the apartment, and no trace of her has ever been found.

Unidentified White Female
Case File 55UFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/55uftx.html

Located on October 8, 1983 in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas.
She was a victim of homicide. The victim had been strangled with a rope or cord by someone standing behind her.
Estimated Date of Death: 24 - 30 hours prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 - 30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'8"; 100 - 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length, slightly curled reddish/light brown or dark blonde hair; hazel or blue eyes. She wore blue-tinted contact lenses. The victim had a small brown birthmark or mole on her left forearm and an extra nipple or birthmark under right breast. Both of her ears were pierced twice. Well manicured fingernails, painted with red polish. Her hair and skin were in good condition. She was well-groomed. She had no tan lines.
Clothing: Britannica blue jeans, size 5; a white bra; pink panties with Thursday stitched in red; and white cotton socks. Her blouse and shoes were missing and not located with her body.
Jewelry: She was wearing three rings on her fingers: a gold diamond friendship or promise ring; a size 7 wedding band that had been wrapped with a band aid to fit the victim's size 5 finger; and a gold ring with a red garnet or ruby birthstone and a diamond chip on the side.
Dentals: Available. Her wisdom teeth were formed but had not broken through the gums. She had a noticeable space between her two front teeth and she had no upper right lateral incisor. Teeth rotated medially.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim was discovered in a culvert 17 miles north of Amarillo, Texas in Potter County beside U.S. 287.
The body had been dragged along the roadway and then partially shoved inside a concrete culvert about 80 feet from the highway on the east side of the road.
It is not believed that the woman was sexually assaulted. Police traced the victim's polycon II blue-tinted contact lenses to a manufacturing lab in Arizona, but were unable to determine whom the lenses belonged to or who made them.
Tests on the victim's type A-positive blood revealed that she had consumed little or no alcohol prior to her death and was not a drug user.
Jane Doe's well-groomed appearence marked her as someone other than a transient or street person. She is believed to not be local to the area.

They look a lot alike, and mole in the same spot under breast is a huge similarity!. But Myra had all four wisdom teeth extracted, and Jane Doe's were beginning to erupt. Here is a dumb question, but do we only four wisdom teeth? If so that would probably rule Myra out.

ihadcabinfever... you notice lots of detail! Keep posting what you're finding. I like to read your threads. :)

Yeah, I think most humans only have one set of wisdom teeth, so that would rule Myra out. She also has hair a lot darker than someone would call dark blonde, IMO.

Kelly

Hi
55uftx is a very special case to me.she is the very first Jane Doe I checked with a posible match to my missing sister Tammy Lynn Leppert.I have been looking for a match to this Jane Doe for a long time.They call this Jane doe JD83.I personally feel very strongly JD83 could be Myra Manely.I don't think Myra's dental are percise or correct.I feel this should be checked only through DNA.Do you know the email addresses of the LE for JD83 in amarillo(that might be the amarillo special crimes unit)and LE Myra Manely?

p.s.when I was looking into a possible match with JD83 and my sister tammy.I believe they told me JD83's hair was dyed.the flyer you put on said myra's hair may have been dyed blond.

suzanne

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
55uftx is a very special case to me.she is the very first Jane Doe I checked with a posible match to my mising sister Tammy Lynn Leppert.I have been looking for a match to this Jane Doe for a long time.They call this Jane doe JD83.I personally feel very strongly JD83 could be Myra Manely.I don't think Myra's dental are percise or correct.I feel this should be checked only through DNA.Do you know the email addresses of the LE for JD83 in amarillo(that might be the amarillo special crimes unit)and LE Myra Manely?

p.s.when I was looking into a possible match with JD83 and my sister tammy.I believe they told me JD83's hair was dyed.the flyer you put on said myra's hair may have been dyed blond.

suzanne

Suzanne , I am so sorry your still looking for your sister.I hope you find her soon. I'll try to help you.
As for Myra I looked through texas and was reading the it dawned on me I remembered her description then put the pics side by side and zoomed in . I sent it to the Detective through the clearinghouse flyer to Philadelphia , I didn't contact anyone in Texas.
I really felt sorry for her. I can't imagine what happened to her. My dad worked in Philly and my younger sister and I go out with him for a week and get bored and then either take Amtrac back or even Greyhound into Port Authority then get a bus back to your town. We were only 13 and 15 and did it alot. Myra was 19 so I dont think she needed to hitch hike with so much transportation. I think the garbage bag she carried out to the can or dumpster probably had a duffel bag in it.
She probably left out of boredom God knows we did.
One more thing , her parents are divorced ? I think. Thats why I hilighted the wedding band with the bandaid wrapped around it to fit.
If they didnt have dentals I could tell you right now my father off the top of his head couldnt say what dental work I ever had. He could barely keep our birthdays straight. I have a feeling alot of the initial information is either wrong or misquoted out of stress and anxiety.

I read about your sister and I really beleive she was afraid of someone very dangerous.It was not imagined.Her picture is just adorable.

Hi
Thankyou.I think JD83 had on a mans wedding ring.I think JD83 in Amarillo Texas was a Christopher Bernard Wilder victim.Do you know where myra worked or can you find out?pierced ears?or blood type or did she ever model or something?both of thier DNA is suppose to be in CODIS.there is NO REASON this should not be checked.

suzanne

ID Info - NCIC # U-971941712. This white female was 5' 7" tall, weighed 105 pounds, had brown hair and hazel eyes. She was wearing size 5 blue jeans, a white bra and pink bikini panties with "Thursday" in red. The victim was also found wearing white low-top cotton socks, and three rings: a gold diamond friendship ring; Goldman's wedding band and a gold ring with a garnet stone. She had a small birthmark or blemish on her left forearm and each ear was pierced twice.

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster673.htm

I am confused , first it says bandaid on the ring and on the
doenetwork

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U8607007

Clothing: Britannica blue jeans, white bra, pink panties, gold friendship ring, gold ring with garnet stone and diamond chip on side, and a man's gold wedding band with tape on back.

This is not Myra Manley . Just letting you all know.

Suzanne , I didn't forget about you. ;)

Hi
thankyou.I know.Modiena Holmes with JD 83's case in Texas just told me that.They really need to start checking with DNA if they are on file.That is what CODIS is there for.they really need to be doing this automatically.

suzanne

Here's a missing person Phyllis Eleanor Berry.. I zoomed in on the teeth, and they dont look too much alike or too totally different either.. So I thought i'd throw her up link up just in case! Of coarse some other things are off a bit too :) but a few things match!

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetailsPrint.asp?id='M10/15/20015:05:47PM'&Person=Missing%20Person

ETA: here's another one that could match!
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetailsPrint.asp?id='M10/16/20014:53:27PM'&Person=Missing Person

Hi
I think Phyllis Eleanor Berry was a good match too.I think they said she didn't match.I still think they should check DNA if they can with her if they haven't already.

suzanne

This young Jane Doe was found wearing contact lenses, they were blue tinted lenses.I am a lens wearer and most of my friends and all of my family know I wear them, therefore JD's friends & family could have known she wears them.Well groomed ladies always make an impression somehow!It takes a lot of care to look after contact lenses and to groom nails and hands.Why did she take so much time on grooming her nails if no-one was around to show them off to?.Her grooming tells us a story!!

I suspect that someone knows and is not coming forward!
JD was also wearing a wedding band and I believe maybe her husband has something to do with her death or has not reported her missing!

I hope no one will give up on her..

I agree with Sharrib completely!!! I would check out the husband. The north side of Amarillo is a rough section of town lots of gangs and bars. There is also a big maximum security prison on the north side of Amarillo. When they let the prisoners out, they pretty much just stay in the north side of Amarillo. I hope Amarillo Police are putting this case in the big DNA cleanup.

The details are really sketchy in the disappearance of this woman, but I wonder if it is possible if she was married and maybe her husband didn't report it immediately??? Maybe reported it years later???

I know this match is unlikely unless there was foul play where her husband or significant other didn't report it.

This woman has a 3rd nipple under her right breast and wore glasses.....

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/692dfny.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77