1208 users online (237 members and 971 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IN - Chuck Rickey, 36, Noblesville, 2007

CARMEL -- Carmel Police are searching for a 36-year-old Noblesville man who's been missing since Sunday after watching the Super Bowl at the Moon Dog Tavern at 96th Street and Gray Road.

Carmel Assistant Police Chief Tim Green said Charles "Chuck" Rickey was last seen at the tavern and called friends and family on his cell phone while he was there. About 8:50 p.m. Sunday, Rickey was involved in a one-car accident at 116th Street and Hazel Dell Parkway while driving to a friend's house, Green said.

http://www.thenoblesvilleledger.com/...-9944-111.html

Chuck Rickey, 36, was last seen watching the Super Bowl at a north side Indianapolis tavern. Police and his family think he'd been drinking. Rickey's pick-up was found less than two miles away on Hazel Dell Parkway in Carmel. It had crashed and flipped. The ignition was turned off and the keys were gone. No one has seen him since.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6053543&nav=9Tai

I hope he doesnt have a head injury with amnesia, although that might be better than some other possible outcomes...
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

If he called family and they knew he had been drinking....for gosh sakes...WHY didn't someone offer him a ride and ask the bartender to take his keys until they arrived?! I hope they find him.

The guy probably wasn't hurt at all in that wreck and wandered off to pass out somewhere. He could have fallen prey to the elements while in that condition. I am just glad he didn't hurt anyone while driving drunk.

Suicide is another possibility they have to look at. Was he terribly depressed over his team's loss of the Superbowl? Drinking would have intensified those feelings.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

i too am glad that he did not kill any innocent people. sorry, it's hard for me to feel any sympathy for this guy.

also, is allowing your bar customer to get rip-roaring drunk and then not getting a cab for them not illegal in indianapolis? i guess it's just texas that is so strict about this. we have the TABC, that trains bar employees to be responsible- and they don't mess around. you must get certification and keep it updated yearly- every year you have to take (and pass) a class. people can grumble all they want about their "personal liberties" being taken away, and the death of personal responsibility (which normally, i agree with)- but unfortunately people are stupid and cannot control themselves, and people do stupid things like drive drunk and kill people.

obviously, ALL states should have something like this, if they don't already.

Reb I worked at a bar in Texas and your right the TABC is no joke. They frequent the bars constantly and you won't even know they are there. The element of surprise. Our boss got fired right in the middle of a hoppin saturday night and we had to close the bar down they really do not play. And I like it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    i too am glad that he did not kill any innocent people. sorry, it's hard for me to feel any sympathy for this guy.

also, is allowing your bar customer to get rip-roaring drunk and then not getting a cab for them not illegal in indianapolis? i guess it's just texas that is so strict about this. we have the TABC, that trains bar employees to be responsible- and they don't mess around. you must get certification and keep it updated yearly- every year you have to take (and pass) a class. people can grumble all they want about their "personal liberties" being taken away, and the death of personal responsibility (which normally, i agree with)- but unfortunately people are stupid and cannot control themselves, and people do stupid things like drive drunk and kill people.

obviously, ALL states should have something like this, if they don't already.

yeah, that IS strict. but there are times when you DO have to legislate morality (if you want to call it that- i would call it 'legislating common sense')- because people can't handle freedom. when you mix people (especially MEN) with alcohol you get lots of innocent peole being killed. but, a lot of folks make some serious money off drunk people.. just like the smoking addicts. but i could care less about selfish peoples' profits when it comes to the safety of the public. all states should be this strict.

A Missing Friend!

Here I thought I found a website that might acctually help us locate our MISSING FRIEND! Again, all I read are some rather disturbing messages from people who do not know this person, were not with him at the time of and do not know the circumstances regarding his dissapearance. Please, if it were a member of your family, or a very close friend, you would probably be offended and angered by the some of the comments posted here. Regardless of your political views or moral stand against drunk drivers, the title of this community is Missing Persons Information and Support. I'm sure there are other threads in which you can vent your frustration at the lack of common sense without calling a missing person "stupid" or saying you have no sympathy for them. Regardless of the situation of his dissaperance, this man is still a human being who is very important to many friends and family. Show a little common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Friend
    Here I thought I found a website that might acctually help us locate our MISSING FRIEND! Again, all I read are some rather disturbing messages from people who do not know this person, were not with him at the time of and do not know the circumstances regarding his dissapearance. Please, if it were a member of your family, or a very close friend, you would probably be offended and angered by the some of the comments posted here. Regardless of your political views or moral stand against drunk drivers, the title of this community is Missing Persons Information and Support. I'm sure there are other threads in which you can vent your frustration at the lack of common sense without calling a missing person "stupid" or saying you have no sympathy for them. Regardless of the situation of his dissaperance, this man is still a human being who is very important to many friends and family. Show a little common courtesy.
    I can imagine reading comments like having no sympathy or name calling does not come out sounding like information or support. I am sorry your friend is missing and I hope he is located soon.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum either people have not read it at all or perhaps they have read it but have forgotten what it says.

The sticky says:
    This forum is for missing persons information and support only. Please take all discussion to the Missing/Located Discussion Forum!

major search planned:

He was not found at the crash site, police said.

"I think what everybody is starting to believe is that he is probably dazed," Rickey's father, Charlie Rickey, said Friday. "The vehicle did roll, and there was a lot of damage to the vehicle. There was no blood at the scene or inside the vehicle.

"We think maybe he's got amnesia or maybe he doesn't know who he is."

A Titlelist cap similar to what he was seen wearing earlier was found on the southwest corner of 106th Street and Hazel Dell

more:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/10976488/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Friend

You are right and I don't blame you for being angry. I would be upset too if it were my friend who was missing and I read negative things that people were saying about him.

Has LE looked in shelters in that area? Maybe someone directed him to a shelter if he seemed dazzed and didn't seem to know who he was or where he was at. They might have just thought he was mentally ill or something not having a clue that he had been in an accident and probably has a concussion.

Have they checked out hospitals and clinics in the area...doctors? I wonder if he had any money with him? Maybe someone could check out the bars if he likes to have a drink once in awhile. A bar may be some place to just hang out at if he doesn't know where to go. Just trying to think of places he may be if he doesn't know who he is. Have posters with his picture been put up all over the place in case someone might recognize him?

I imagine you guys are worried sick. I hope that he just doesn't remember who he is because of the accident. It doesn't sound like he would just take off somewhere. I hope that he is safe somewhere and that he is found soon.

Thanks for the support. I am in Illinois, where Chuck grew up. My husband and friends have gone to Indy to help search. He said they had a search party of about 100+ people out this morning searching near the accident site, but they didn't find anything. Family, friends, and volunteers have been passing out fliers. I did pass on the idea of searching in homeless shelters. Thanks.
    Last edited by Concerned Friend; 02-10-2007 at 08:40 PM.

Still no word? I always look at the unidentified living and think "how could that happen" I guess this could be an example. Very mysterious. For some reason this one really bothers me.

A weekend search for a man missing since Super Bowl Sunday turned up no new clues as to his whereabouts.

Family and friends of Charles “Chuck” Rickey remain hopeful nonetheless.

Rickey, 36, was last seen leaving the Moon Dog Tavern on East 96th Street where he went to watch the Super Bowl. He was wearing a dark blue Chicago Bears jersey, blue jeans, hiking boots and a tan baseball-style cap.

Friends, family and concerned community members joined the search for Rickey Saturday. More than 100 people braved arctic cold in hopes of finding the missing man.

“We’re just overwhelmed,” said Chuck Rickey’s mother, Marilyn Rickey, of Saturday’s turnout.
    His crashed red pickup truck was discovered near 116th Street and Hazel Dell Parkway shortly after he left the Moon Dog. A cap similar to the one he was wearing was found near 106th Street and Hazel Dell. Police searches by air and ground have thus far been unsuccessful.

http://www.county29.net/cms2/index.p...1230&Itemid=65

If it were me I would have people take fliers to every homeless shelter and leave the fliers there in case he does come in if they haven't seen him...same with hospitals and clinics.

It sounds to me like he was dazed and just walked away from the accident. Finding his hat really makes me think that. It might have fallen off of his head and iin his state of mind he didn't even notice. I would really focus on downtown. He will be looking for someplace to stay and somewhere to eat. I know that there are places that feed people daily but don't have areas for them to sleep. So those places would be a good idea.

I really hope that he is found soon. If he is just wandering around in a daze not knowing who he is it is no doubt just as frightening for him as it is for his family. Did he have ID when he went missing? Of course, someone could have stolen his wallet after the accident before he even thought about looking in it.
    I just hope that he is alright and has found somewhere to stay.

according to someone on another forum, LE has told chucks dad that they are no longer searching for him
    how sad

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast