808 users online (102 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - School Covered Up Rapes of Four 1st Graders

This is absolutely unbelievable. I don't care if the 12 year old was a special education kid or not, if he committed FOUR rapes he KNEW what he was doing and KNEW it was wrong.
    I'd like to know who all was part of the covering up here. Must not have been any with kids in this school. How could this happen?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17030722/

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Teachers and administrators at Central Elementary School knew they had a problem with F.H., a 12-year-old who had been accused of going into a bathroom stall and sexually assaulting a first-grade boy.

But instead of calling police and removing F.H., district officials covered up the attack and allowed him to remain in class, leading to the sexual assault of three more first-graders, parents say. (more at link)

OMG right in my husbands hometown. I am sure half of my little nieces and nephews go to this school. Exactly how special needs is this 12 year old?

What an outrageous crime. You're right White Rain, this kid may only be 12 yrs old but her comitted the SAME crime 4 times.

The kid should be placed in a facility or school with kids his own age or higher and ONLY after he recieves intense counseling. He will also need constant supervision when around other kids.
    And the school officials who covered this up!(@*#&#<#&#&# !
    They should be strung up by their ******** then fired without pay.

"The district asserts that under the Constitution it can't be held responsible for failing to protect youngsters from assaults by other children."

Then WHO is supposed to protect our children while they are at school? Are our 1st graders supposed to be able to protect themselves from predators TWICE their size, if not more? You know what if this 12 year old raped a teacher? I wonder what the district would say then?
    And WHOSE bright idea was it to let this kid go/be ANYWHERE without constant supervision?

Now that is scary. So basically our children are not protected at all in school and if something happens to them there is nothing we can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain
    "The district asserts that under the Constitution it can't be held responsible for failing to protect youngsters from assaults by other children."

Then WHO is supposed to protect our children while they are at school? Are our 1st graders supposed to be able to protect themselves from predators TWICE their size, if not more? You know what if this 12 year old raped a teacher? I wonder what the district would say then?
    And WHOSE bright idea was it to let this kid go/be ANYWHERE without constant supervision?

Schools have too much immunity, too many excuses, and no accountability to anyone since they flaunt laws and do as they please. I hope lawmakers and the people wake up and make them accountable and not just make new laws that focus on the children. Things are already out of hand in that area with such severe accusations and punishment of kids who don't do anything as severe as this 12 year old boy. If the school knew that the boy had assaulted a child at school they should never have put him out in a hallway alone after getting into trouble. Little kids should not be allowed to go to bathrooms or running around the school without an adult going along and at least waiting outside in the hall. This bunch endangered the other children and also failed to get help for this 12 year old boy. If he could have received help earlier in life, maybe he wouldn't have went this far.

[QUOTE=White Rain]"The district asserts that under the Constitution it can't be held responsible for failing to protect youngsters from assaults by other children." [QUOTE]

I guess I'd buy that THE FIRST TIME he assaulted a kid but after that, it just shows a blatant disregard for those 1st graders.
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

[QUOTE=Yakwoman][QUOTE=White Rain]"The district asserts that under the Constitution it can't be held responsible for failing to protect youngsters from assaults by other children."

I guess I'd buy that THE FIRST TIME he assaulted a kid but after that, it just shows a blatant disregard for those 1st graders.

EXACTLY,
    Bad enough, I mean horrible, outrageous, that it occured once, but under no circumstances should it have happened to another child.
    Once the school new, they became responsible, in my opinion.
    Makes me so mad.
    IMHO

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    Now that is scary. So basically our children are not protected at all in school and if something happens to them there is nothing we can do about it?
    That's how I read it. This is SOOO wrong!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Several things stand out to me from that article.

He cited federal court rulings that say school systems are generally immune from paying damages unless it can be shown that they actually took “affirmative” steps that put youngsters in danger, and that the action taken “shocks the conscience.”
    It shocks the conscience that he did not have an adult by his side at all times once they decided to let him remain in the school. What were they thinking?

The final assault, for which F.H. was found guilty in juvenile court of rape and sent to a detention center until he turns 18, took place after he was put on “hallway detention” — out of view of any teacher and next to a bathroom used by first-graders, the lawsuit said. That is a key point in the plaintiffs’ case.
    What?? He is put out in the hall next to the bathroom after he has already raped three children in the bathroom? That alone should win the lawsuit, imo.

The assaults began in December 2003, a few months after F.H., a special-education student with a history of behavioral problems, was transferred to Central Elementary from another school in the district, according to court papers.
    I wonder what he did at the first school to be transferred to another school? I think that should be looked into as well.

Oh dear God.....Honestly, if this was my son who was victimized, I don't know exactly how I would react, but I can assure you that the end result would be me ending up in jail. No doubt about it. The blatant and reckless disregard for the well-being of all students younger than him was completely ignored by the school officials---oh, this infuriates me. Yes, there would be HELL to pay-------OMG!!!!

Also, I would certainly hope that the 12 year old abusers home life is looked at veeeerry carefully. Many times, kid act out what they know, and 12 year olds rape little kids only when they themselves have been raped.

Ok I am going to say it..

Where did this child learn this?????
    I am not going to advocate his attacks on the first graders but I am going to ask where he got this from??
    IMO the source is a more serious issue... It just keeps perpetuating and as a society we should start catching the source not the end result. Or maybe the source and the end result ...eitherway

Please don't blame the teachers.

Disgusting. I am a public school secondary teacher in an alternative setting. They send us the worst of the worst. We have many special ed kids, mostly behavior disorders and many of them are undiagnosed (but we know it). Special ed kids often can't even be suspended more than x number of times and when they get here, they've usually already reached the legal limit, so we have to keep them here day after day no matter what they do. When the high schools send kids to us they FREQUENTLY give us scanty files. The kid was expelled, but we don't know why, for example. Considering expulsion usually involves drugs, weapons, fighting -- how can they not tell us? We ***** about this all the time and our administrator just shrugs.

Because I was a lawyer in my other life, I constantly mouth off about this. This morning our secretary told us to drop a kid from our books because he was court-ordered to a facility which deals with kids who have been arrested for criminal sexual conduct. None of us were surprised.

Budget cuts may affect my position next year, even though I am tenured. I think it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm thinking of a job change. I always hung in here thinking I was helping kids but the personal cost is getting too great. I don't want something like this happening on my watch because my district won't give me the information or tools to deal with it.

Eve

It's beyond shocking that a kindergarten child can be suspended from school for hugging someone, but this kid was allowed to rape four 1st graders before anything was done. Something is terribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eve
    Please don't blame the teachers.

Disgusting. I am a public school secondary teacher in an alternative setting. They send us the worst of the worst. We have many special ed kids, mostly behavior disorders and many of them are undiagnosed (but we know it). Special ed kids often can't even be suspended more than x number of times and when they get here, they've usually already reached the legal limit, so we have to keep them here day after day no matter what they do. When the high schools send kids to us they FREQUENTLY give us scanty files. The kid was expelled, but we don't know why, for example. Considering expulsion usually involves drugs, weapons, fighting -- how can they not tell us? We ***** about this all the time and our administrator just shrugs.

Because I was a lawyer in my other life, I constantly mouth off about this. This morning our secretary told us to drop a kid from our books because he was court-ordered to a facility which deals with kids who have been arrested for criminal sexual conduct. None of us were surprised.

Budget cuts may affect my position next year, even though I am tenured. I think it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm thinking of a job change. I always hung in here thinking I was helping kids but the personal cost is getting too great. I don't want something like this happening on my watch because my district won't give me the information or tools to deal with it.

Eve
    Eve, I have read many of your posts and I admire you.

As a parent I fight hard to make sure the teachers have the tools to educate my child..
    This battle became soo hard that I now keep my son home.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast