1244 users online (286 members and 958 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Super Proposal Flops, but She Says Yes

SEATTLE (AP) -- Rand Fishkin wanted to propose to his girlfriend with a Super Bowl ad. That didn't quite work out, but there was still local TV, and he got the answer he wanted.

Fishkin, 27, got into the advertising gambit after a Tennessee man who started a Web site to try to raise $2.6 million to buy a Super Bowl ad learned last fall that his dream girl would turn him down.

Fishkin took over the Web site - mysuperproposal.com - which by then had dropped the fundraising plan in favor of luring a corporate sponsor, and things were looking good. A major company, which Fishkin declined to name, offered to feature the proposal in one of its ads, but then withdrew, he says.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Can someone explain to me why heterosexuals making breeding so complicated (and expensive)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    Can someone explain to me why heterosexuals making breeding so complicated (and expensive)?

I don't get it either Nova. We ended up having our third after just passing too closely in the hallway one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I don't get it either Nova. We ended up having our third after just passing too closely in the hallway one night.

i know, really! and we all know they're probably just gonna get divorced anyway.

Heck, my husband didn't go to any trouble at all to propose to me...and I bet we end up divorced, too. Maybe there's a correlation?

I agree that was extravagant but I still think it was sweet. Guys are showoffs like that.