Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Karla Homolka married with child

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    Do you have a link to the site? TIA!
    google watchingkarlahomolka

I'm not sure if that site had the pic I was talking about, I tried to find it again and couldn't. Just as well, I have enough trouble sleeping!

I may have followed a link...not sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    google watchingkarlahomolka

I'm not sure if that site had the pic I was talking about, I tried to find it again and couldn't. Just as well, I have enough trouble sleeping!

I may have followed a link...not sure.
    http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com...-PICTURES.html

Fourth pic down. There a more on that site, just have to look around. Loads of info there on this case!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

EWW that's it. Isn't that an evil looking pic to put in the casket? It looks like Paul is saying, surprise it's us, we raped you and killed you.

Creeps me out.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Guelphite View Post
    Thanks VE, there was a big censorship debate here and in fact I'm just remembering that many Canadian theatres refused to release the film.

You are spot on with your assessment. I wouldn't be surprised if she was helped by the Government, but I also believe our spy service, CSIS, will track her for the rest of her life.

The case shattered the public's faith in the justice system. I need to refresh my memory on some of the details as this was back in 1993, but I still remember the reaction to those horrific taped videos shown in the courtroom to a select few-and a select few journalists. Tapes so vile and showing Karla's very willing participation that even the most hardy veteran journalist wrote articles about how they could not de-stress, could not sleep and lost their entire weekend of downtime with their families because of the shock of the vile, visual images (I seem to remember, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, these retrieved films, previously illegally hidden by one of the lawyers, were shown at the end of a week in a closed courtroom and were to have been sealed forever).

That case is like a wound on the collective Canadian consciousness that never healed properly and the Stafford case, God bless the dear child, has opened it up again.

But, it's premature and wrong-headed of me to presume too much with the TS case so far. We don't even know the motive yet so I will try not to get ahead of myself. I'm still retaining some hope with this case even to the point that 1% of my mind refuses to believe little Tori is deceased.
    Whats so terribly sad is in the Governments desire to "bury" this debacle the Scarborough rape victims got the shaft and they stopped looking at Paul & Karla for further crimes despite compelling evidence that there are more(i.e the blood found in the basement that was NOT Lesile or Kristens ,some cryptic comments during interrogations that were never expounded on etc).They also didnt bother searching the Bayview Drive house for further evidence (i.e more videotapes like the Scarborough rape tapes that SURELY exist!)which as they missed evidence the first time so youd have thought theyd want to retrace their steps! They also didnt shift through the debris of the house either!!!! As much as they want them to be Paul & Karla will NOT be forgotten nor will the Governments mis-steps !With the Torri case the entire world will be watching to see how these new monsters are handled & if the Government has learned anything!!!

As for the tapes that were found...........Sorry to say Gulphite but I think copies DO exist.I know the court ordered them destroyed but theres just too many "windows of oppertunity"that occured prior to them being handed over.
    Contrary to rampant rumor I dont believe Paul shared them prior to capture but I believe copies WERE made PRIOR to his defense team handing them over & they have gotten out (Im also not 100% that ALL the tapes were handed over but thats imo) & if you have both the money & the desire they can be procured.That thought makes me queasy but its likely true ::
    Last edited by VespaElf; 06-04-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    EWW that's it. Isn't that an evil looking pic to put in the casket? It looks like Paul is saying, surprise it's us, we raped you and killed you.

Creeps me out.
    And Karla's sly,"knowing"look is the icing on the cake!!

you have to wonder if they took the pic especially for the casket........those two were so sick I wouldnt be surprised if they did!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

I saw this horrible woman on tv today, Notorious Women. Karla Homolka, a very unkempt looking woman who didn't even look good at her wedding, should have gotten the death penalty just like Eilene Wournos and Karla Faye Tucker. It's awful when a serial killer doesn't even do LWOP, but hopefully karma will eventually get this deviant child killer.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Vespaelf, I completely agree. There were more crimes, more murders. I also think Paul had murdered a few times before Karla was in the picture. So many rapes, increasing in brutality, he had to have. He is never going to fully confess, parole hearing (or whatever it is called in Cananda, lol) in 2010 I think. In his 2007 interview, it sounded as if he beleives he will be living on the outside one day, bizarre!

I also agree there are copies of the 6 tapes found, sadly. (I have never seen the show, but HBO had a show Autopsy 8 which is said to have clips from the 6 known tapes.) I agree there had to be many, many more tapes too, what happened to all of Paul's stalking tapes? Did Karla ever find any in her last search when her parents moved her out I wonder?

So much we will never know because of the sealed record on this case. I still cannot find much info on Paul's interrogations, psych evals, etc... Plenty available on Karla, but not as much on Paul.
    Last edited by 21merc7; 06-05-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Vespaelf, I completely agree. There were more crimes, more murders. I also think Paul had murdered a few times before Karla was in the picture. So many rapes, increasing in brutality, he had to have. He is never going to fully confess, parole hearing (or whatever it is called in Cananda, lol) in 2010 I think. In his 2007 interview, it sounded as if he beleives he will be living on the outside one day, bizarre!

I also agree there are copies of the 6 tapes found, sadly. (I have never seen the show, but HBO had a show Autopsy 8 which is said to have clips from the 6 known tapes.) I agree there had to be many, many more tapes too, what happened to all of Paul's stalking tapes? Did Karla ever find any in her last search when her parents moved her out I wonder?

So much we will never know because of the sealed record on this case. I still cannot find much info on Paul's interrogations, psych evals, etc... Plenty available on Karla, but not as much on Paul.
    I think Karla took what evidence she could find & destroyed it on that last trip in the house........if Paul had not moved the 6 tapes we know about she wouldve destroyed those too,imo,and no one wouldve known about her involvement & his being convicted wouldve rested solely on her testimony(as planned)& the Scarbourough DNA match.I do believe Paul hid more evidence where Karla (& LE) couldnt find it. I wouldnt be surprised if his legal team was made aware of it however(moo).

Paul Bernardo has been denied any psych treatment of ANY kind nor has any further testing,evaluation or interviewing been done of him!!! He is in his tiny cell 23 -24 hours a day .He has no vistors,no socialization or fraternization with other inmates-he doesnt even get to watch TV!Hes allowed books& letters from APPROVED contacts(family & lawyer only) thats it.
    Personally I think life is too easy for him(he is alive after all)*HOWEVER* his treatment is unfair when compared to 'Karly Kurls' .Not only is she free but when she was inside she had a microwave & a TV in her cell & her stupid Sesame Street sheets,could wear street clothes,was allowed to be transferred to share a cell with her lover,was allowed to take pics inside & had unfettered mail access(including writing a convicted killer) & visitation with who ever she wanted,took college & craft classes & was given the best "treatment" available (individual & group therapys,a private Psych Doctor & meds).She could buy food from the Prison Store etc etc Compared to Bernardo she got "royal treatment".Paul gets to ,as my husband would say "eat,sleep & chit" & thats it.The "watching Karla" site has a few pics of Paul in his cell.........compare them to the prison pics of Karla mugging in the Prison DayCare (yes gross I know!)or her 'sensual'shower pics..........like for her was "Club Med" & ,imo,reinforced to her that SHE wasnt the "bad one".

Bernardo will never get out.I dont blame him for 'wishful thinking'though.........after all Karla saw the light of day & she is just as guilty as he is!
    Last edited by VespaElf; 06-05-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added Info

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Wow, Vespa, I did not know PB was denied all of that. (Wish it could be that way in the States. Billions spent on sex offenders whom we are just realizing cannot be rehabilitated, they just are "who they are". I know that sounds terrible, but it is true.)

Yes, Karly Kurls had it good in jail. She was sent to a girl's school in comparison.

I know there is/was tons of evidence. Not sure that we will ever know, but I am guessing the Crown has a lot, not all, but a lot. So does the defense, and it will not be disclosed. I am sure Karla did destroy what she could, especially when she said PB may have "edited" whatever was found. I thought that telling.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Karla back in Canada?

Newspaper leSoleil is reporting that Karla is in Canada and was using the name 'Emily Bordelais' on a Facebook account. Article in French but you can hit the 'translate' button.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/...la-homolka.php

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiintoronto View Post
    Newspaper leSoleil is reporting that Karla is in Canada and was using the name 'Emily Bordelais' on a Facebook account. Article in French but you can hit the 'translate' button.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/...la-homolka.php
    She is not on Facebook under that name. If you search that name, it just brings up a FB group trying to keep child molesters off FB.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    I mixed up the name with her husband's surname. On FB she is alleged to have been using 'emily bordeaux'. From the article (rough translation from French):

The airplane pilot and several other sources would have also revealed that Karla Homolka was recorded at networking site Facebook under the name of Emily Bordeaux. After finishing his sentence of 12 years in prison in 2005, Homolka had tried unsuccessfully to change her name to Emily Chiara Tremblay.

After verification, it is indeed a Facebook user named Emily Bordeaux counts among his "friends" a person named Logan Valentini, has adopted the name Lori Homolka in 1996 to escape the spotlight.

I mixed up the name with her husband's surname. On FB she is alleged to have been using 'emily bordeaux'. From the article (rough translation from French):

The airplane pilot and several other sources would have also revealed that Karla Homolka was recorded at networking site Facebook under the name of Emily Bordeaux. After finishing his sentence of 12 years in prison in 2005, Homolka had tried unsuccessfully to change her name to Emily Chiara Tremblay.

After verification, it is indeed a Facebook user named Emily Bordeaux counts among his "friends" a person named Logan Valentini, has adopted the name Lori Homolka in 1996 to escape the spotlight.
    Thanks - I did read that too. The translation was choppy and my current French is not what it once was!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I'm fascinated by this case and it astounds me that no one has snapped a picture of her in all this time and confirmed where she is living. I know there have been a couple of possible sightings and a couple unconfirmed pictures of her but come on! With all of the camera phones and reporters out there, NO ONE can confirm her whereabouts??

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

I am now friends with Emily Bordeaux on FB....not sure what that means.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

I'm fascinated by this case and it astounds me that no one has snapped a picture of her in all this time and confirmed where she is living. I know there have been a couple of possible sightings and a couple unconfirmed pictures of her but come on! With all of the camera phones and reporters out there, NO ONE can confirm her whereabouts??
    Maybe she's really trying to lay low and start over off the grid - I know I would be were I in her shoes.

I'm baffled by that as well. I'm sure that she's using a pseudonym and has likely changed her appearance, but how can it be that hard to figure out who she is? Her dead eyes are so distinctive, and I doubt no cosmetic surgery procedure can change that. I imagine a person could make money from tipping off reporters as to her whereabouts.

I've never believed that she would stay long in a foreign country, especially with a child. I think she's a psycopath and too self-centered to care for a child and I would think she would go back to her family for support. Her child will be old enough to attend school soon and I think that's when she'll have to have more interaction with parents and teachers and someone will say something. Can you imagine if you found out that the mother of the friend of one of your children was Karla Homolka? :l

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexiintoronto For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I'm baffled by that as well. I'm sure that she's using a pseudonym and has likely changed her appearance, but how can it be that hard to figure out who she is? Her dead eyes are so distinctive, and I doubt no cosmetic surgery procedure can change that. I imagine a person could make money from tipping off reporters as to her whereabouts.

I've never believed that she would stay long in a foreign country, especially with a child. I think she's a psycopath and too self-centered to care for a child and I would think she would go back to her family for support. Her child will be old enough to attend school soon and I think that's when she'll have to have more interaction with parents and teachers and someone will say something. Can you imagine if you found out that the mother of the friend of one of your children was Karla Homolka? :l
    THAT is a very frightening thought!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Maybe she's really trying to lay low and start over off the grid - I know I would be were I in her shoes.
    Very true and I'm sure she is. I just can't believe that someone who was involved in such a high profile case isn't recognized. I would think there would be at least a few reporters on her trail but maybe not. Maybe people really don't care anymore (except us, of course ).

Justice for Travis

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

Very true and I'm sure she is. I just can't believe that someone who was involved in such a high profile case isn't recognized. I would think there would be at least a few reporters on her trail but maybe not. Maybe people really don't care anymore (except us, of course ).
    It's interesting because I think that it just wouldn't be that hard to reinvent yourself and keep the secret....even if you had once been at the center of something so high profile. It's a big old world to get lost in!

It's interesting because I think that it just wouldn't be that hard to reinvent yourself and keep the secret....even if you had once been at the center of something so high profile. It's a big old world to get lost in!
    True. Think how easy it is for a missing child to stay missing (think Sean Hornbeck, Jaycee Dugard). When I think of it in those terms, it makes it much more plausible.
    Last edited by Hopeful One; 12-29-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Justice for Travis

I am now friends with Emily Bordeaux on FB....not sure what that means.
    which one? there's three there yet none seem to look like her or fit the age group ...

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Im sorry-does this mean that she has family who support her after raping and murdering her baby sister???
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

38. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    which one? there's three there yet none seem to look like her or fit the age group ...
    If you were her would you put up an actual photo? I would not.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I don't know about anyone else but speaking as a Canadian, I had hoped she was in another country & was going to stay there (sorry people from other countries for wishing our garbage on you). None of the supposed sightings look even remotely like her, including the one by a Canadian 'reporter'. In the photo in the Sun, she looks old & haggard & miserable. That's the way I hope she looks & feels and continues to look & feel for the rest of her pathetic life.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast