Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Does anyone know if her family is supportive of her? I'm just curious, because she killed her sister and all.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    From what I've read...yes. Scary. Apparently close to her parents!!! =p
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    From what I've read...yes. Scary. Apparently close to her parents!!! =p
    That's just frightening.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Denton,Texas--formerly Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    I'll always remember this. Lesley Mahaffy lived just down the street from me and I remember seeing her walk down to the plaza nearby. Bernardo is believed to have been on our street at night as a neighbour's car was broken into and his wallet stolen. Police revealed to him that it was found closeby where the cement pieces with Lesley were found. Obviously he and Karla were cruising our streets at night. Lesley's parents eventually split up.
    Karla does not deserve to be free. She is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Postylyn View Post
    I'll always remember this. Lesley Mahaffy lived just down the street from me and I remember seeing her walk down to the plaza nearby. Bernardo is believed to have been on our street at night as a neighbour's car was broken into and his wallet stolen. Police revealed to him that it was found closeby where the cement pieces with Lesley were found. Obviously he and Karla were cruising our streets at night. Lesley's parents eventually split up. Karla does not deserve to be free. She is evil.

hi postylyn... welcome to WS! thank you for sharing story about leslie. i'm so sorry your neighborhood was so threatened/terrorized... and for any lingering feelings of sadness, anger, fear, disgust, horror you feel... i can 't even imagine how being in your shoes could feel... (((hugs)))

(i'm now thinking that paul stole that lady's purse i mentioned earlier... )

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    Does anyone know if her family is supportive of her? I'm just curious, because she killed her sister and all.

i believe karla speaks about this in the interview nancy linked in post #201...

maybe her parents are in some sort of denial that it wasn't karla's "fault"?

i have been doing some research and have found some interesting reading:

1) a 1996 magazine article about a woman who fell in love with bernardo before the killings began who still had feelings for him at the time he was incarcerated... she was still in contact with him when the article was published... i wonder if she still feels the same way?

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.c...=M1ARTM0010982

2) a discussion forum called "watching karla homolka"... lots of info here... articles, photos (except for the one of leslie in cement... it was posted and taken down by admin)...

http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com/directory

3) thought-provoking thread about who killed leslie and kristen...

http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com...-analysis.html

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    i have been doing some research and have found some interesting reading:

1) a 1996 magazine article about a woman who fell in love with bernardo before the killings began who still had feelings for him at the time he was incarcerated... she was still in contact with him when the article was published... i wonder if she still feels the same way?

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.c...=M1ARTM0010982

(...)
    Thank you for posting this article-- I hadn't seen it. It's interesting that a former girlfriend was able to cajole Bernardo into confessing to the other rapes. I didn't know that!

can't sleep LOL

it was paul who committed at least 14 rapes (jane, google "scarborough rapist") b4 he met karla in 1987... she did not commit any crimes against others/sex crimes until he came along... to me, this is important. she wasn't violent/sexually perverse until paul... ??
    And Paul never killed until he met Karla.
    Paul Bernardo had a bad childhood and a deeply dysfunctional family (pedophile father, mentally disturbed mother). Karla Homolka, on the other hand, seems to have had a relatively normal and stable upbringing and was never abused as a child. One of the reasons I think Karla is worse than Bernardo is that she had no "reason" to be so depraved and evil. She wasn't damaged during her childhood or raised in a climate of dysfunction and violence. Karla also refuses to accept responsibility for her crimes. She also brutalized her own sister. IMO Bernardo was predisposed to be a monster and Karla chose to be one.

jane, see my responses in purple:

Hey redheadedgirl,

I did want to say that from what I have read and understand about the submissive partners of sexual sadists, it is not uncommon for them to act like they enjoy the brutality they participate in with these partners when, in fact, they do not. This isn't conscious - it's not like they are thinking "boy I better act like I am into this," but a unconscious dynamic of the phenomenon.

Who can say what the case was for Karla. I do think Bernardo controlled her and battered her and was the ringmaster of the terrible crimes they committed. I do believe she was victimized as well. I don't believe this excuses the choices she made. MOO.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Oh lordy lord to that forum ! wow a whole forum dedicated to them ! i wonder if she reads it !

http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com...me-across.html

Check out one of the photos there !~!!! seriously doesnt she look like she is still .......... whats the word ............................ Or maybe its just a unforunate post ?

I think not !

http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com...ok-Images.html

IS that her on the front left Prom night circa 1989 photo ?

EEK i had a dress JUST LIKE THAT AND HAIR JUST LIKE THAT - omg

Oooh JEEPERS CREEPERS who is that person with her (male) in the photos following the ones about tammy's casket

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I do think Bernardo controlled her and battered her and was the ringmaster of the terrible crimes they committed. I do believe she was victimized as well.

i agree... as does the FBI apparently. karla was included in this study of "the disturbed mind: compliant victims of the sexual sadist"... she seems to fit the described profile of such a woman almost perfectly. very interesting research.

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Newspaper...al_Sadist.aspx

jane ~ what are you trying to say about what picture in post #220? LOL

i agree... as does the FBI apparently. karla was included in this study of "the disturbed mind: compliant victims of the sexual sadist"... she seems to fit the described profile of such a woman almost perfectly. very interesting research.

jane ~ what are you trying to say about what picture in post #220? LOL

Well it sorta looks like she is um well you know um "getting off" - not literally but falunting it with her hand like that

That there looks like a flaunting it at everyone photo

I Dont know how to explain it politely

I just read that but im confused as it says that it can go both ways and that paul was not a sexual sadist until meeting Karla

So what doest that mean ? she brought it out in him ????????????

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast