Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Karla Homolka married with child

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Narla, several times in the letters she says that she feels guilt and remorse and shame - it's just a matter of whether you believe her or not, but she does say it. If you believe some of the things she says in the letters, then you believe that she has remorse. Those letters are like anything else - you will probably find in them what you are looking for.

I can't hold what she does not mention (the seriousness of her crime) against her because it's only eleven or so letters - I imagine she has discussed the nature of her crimes with many people - we are just not privy to those discussions.

As far as her being concerned about her own welfare - of course she is - we all are. Even those of us who commit the most awful crimes are still concerned for ourselves while we are alive. It's only human. I - unlike many others - do not feel like Karla ceased to be human when she committed these crimes. I do not expect committed criminals to stop being concerned with themselves. (ie - I do not expect humans to stop acting like humans)

Again - rightly or wrongly - when I read of a crime like this, my heart aches equally for the victims and the perpatrators. I cannot imagine the darkness a human must live in that would allow them to do the things that Karla did. It is a darkness that I wouldn't wish on anybody. I can't in good consciousness add to that darkness by hating her. That's not the way my brain or my heart works.

I do understand why people feel like they hate her. I have no interest in defending Karla's prior actions or trying to make people think the way I do. I'm just offering my perspective, however skewed it may be.
    Well, you're right there, humans have always killed other humans, but.....it still doesn't make it right.

I don't hate her personally , I dont know her, but I most certainly hate the things she did and I dont think she deserves a second chance at life, she has had enough chances- she could have stopped with her sister, but she went on to do it again and again..

I don't mean to be argumentative South , but it seems it would be easy to say your heart aches equally for the victim and the perpatrator when it wasn't your kids that lives were taken and died so tragically, just think how the parents of those kids feel- to see her out enjoying life getting married having kids, everything their kids will never get to do...

She should have been locked up and the key thrown away for her crimes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to narlacat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Well, you're right there, humans have always killed other humans, but.....it still doesn't make it right.

I don't hate her personally , I dont know her, but I most certainly hate the things she did and I dont think she deserves a second chance at life, she has had enough chances- she could have stopped with her sister, but she went on to do it again and again..

I don't mean to be argumentative South , but it seems it would be easy to say your heart aches equally for the victim and the perpatrator when it wasn't your kids that lives were taken and died so tragically, just think how the parents of those kids feel- to see her out enjoying life getting married having kids, everything their kids will never get to do...

She should have been locked up and the key thrown away for her crimes.
    My cousin was murdered, Narla, and my heart ached equally for him (we were very close) and for his murderers, so I have some personal experience with violence and loss. It hasn't changed my perspective.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

My cousin was murdered, Narla, and my heart ached equally for him (we were very close) and for his murderers, so I have some personal experience with violence and loss. It hasn't changed my perspective.
    Ok South, no worries but with all due respect, your cousin is not your kids.
    I really do think you may feel differently about people like Holmolka if it were your kids she took out.

Ok South, no worries but with all due respect, your cousin is not your kids.
    I really do think you may feel differently about people like Holmolka if it were your kids she took out.
    No worries, Narla. That seems to be the standard party line people use when I voice these opinions.

I've watched my aunt and my grandmother bury sons and come to peace with the people and the forces who put their children into graves, so I don't think my observations are hastily-considered or flippant. I know the truths that those women in my family arrived at, and I suspect I would arrive at the same place should such a burden become mine.

As long as I continue to read stories of parents who are able to forgive people who harm their children, I will hold out hope that such a path could be mine should I ever walk in those shoes.

No worries, Narla. That seems to be the standard party line people use when I voice these opinions.

I've watched my aunt and my grandmother bury sons and come to peace with the people and the forces who put their children into graves, so I don't think my observations are hastily-considered or flippant. I know the truths that those women in my family arrived at, and I suspect I would arrive at the same place should such a burden become mine.

As long as I continue to read stories of parents who are able to forgive people who harm their children, I will hold out hope that such a path could be mine should I ever walk in those shoes.
    You are way ahead of me South

Learning to forgive is a toughie and I'm only in the beginning stages, there is no way no how I could forgive some one something like what Holmolka did.
    But I did forgive a friend the other week for *****ing behind my back LOL....and I tell ya it took a good few weeks to arrive at that point!

You are way ahead of me South

Learning to forgive is a toughie and I'm only in the beginning stages, there is no way no how I could forgive some one something like what Holmolka did.
    But I did forgive a friend the other week for *****ing behind my back LOL....and I tell ya it took a good few weeks to arrive at that point!
    You are so funny! Sometimes it is easier to forgive the "big" things than the "little" ones... love ya

ETA - I am ahead of noone, Narla - particularly not you!

Sounds like it is true....the look in her eyes in the picture is bone-chilling.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...a_homolka.html

You are so funny! Sometimes it is easier to forgive the "big" things than the "little" ones... love ya

ETA - I am ahead of noone, Narla - particularly not you!
    You are too kind South

You know the problem here is that a sociopath cannot ever change. Karla is despicable. I do not think the public should have ever been banned from those tapes. I know the victims families couldn't endure the pain, but perhaps everyone could REALLY know how much Karla played in that twisted, murderous spree. I believe she was all for offering up young girls to Paul without conscience or hesitation and the murders were just something that had to be done. Her sister was an accident, but without remorse she covered it up and after her sister's death even dressed in her clothes to turn Paul on and have sex.

She is an empty soul. That will never change.
    Disclaimer: while I have graduated law school and hold a JD, I am not yet licensed to practice. Therefore, if I say anything which could possibly be considered legal advice, or if I explain anything related to legal matters, rules of evidence, legal procedures, or anything related to law, please be aware that I do not yet hold a bar card and we have no attorney/client relationship. Please always, always talk to a personal attorney, and follow their directions. Please also follow the TOS in regards to all unverified posters. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Oh, I didn't know that. She must be a very, very strong woman.
    I think Mrs. Homolka clings to the belief that Karla was Paul's victim. I think it's the only way she could deal with what happened to Tammy. That whole family is strange anyway.

Karla is flat out sick! This girl did horrendous things with paul, they should be in cells next to each other. She led her own sister to the slaughter and helped in the sex acts, what a freaking sicko! She has cried boo hoo poor me too long. She was a willing participant in all that paul did. She lured Kristin French into the car and video taped what paul did to her and he taped what she did. This is one sick person.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to michelle For This Useful Post:

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Quote Originally Posted by cami
    I think Mrs. Homolka clings to the belief that Karla was Paul's victim. I think it's the only way she could deal with what happened to Tammy. That whole family is strange anyway.
    I think Karla also clings to the belief that she was Paul's victim.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    I think Karla also clings to the belief that she was Paul's victim.
    Oh she totally does.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    Karla is flat out sick! This girl did horrendous things with paul, they should be in cells next to each other. She led her own sister to the slaughter and helped in the sex acts, what a freaking sicko! She has cried boo hoo poor me too long. She was a willing participant in all that paul did. She lured Kristin French into the car and video taped what paul did to her and he taped what she did. This is one sick person.
    Im with you Michelle.....she is just flat out evil and doesnt deserve to see the light of day .....much less out getting pregnant and attempting a normal life

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    Im with you Michelle.....she is just flat out evil and doesnt deserve to see the light of day .....much less out getting pregnant and attempting a normal life
    Tell me about it, it is the worst thing I have seen. Those girls they killed were humiliated in ways that I have never heard of! I mean they were brutally raped, beat, kicked and puched all for their sick appetites. It truly sickens me that someone like her is walking free. I am really shocked that "karma" has not caught up with her yet. Her day will come, here in this life or the next.

Did you see the movie Michelle....I seen it a while back and thought it was well done.......Karla is one sick physco and doesnt deserve any happiness......usually I can be forgiving but with her I find it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    Did you see the movie Michelle....I seen it a while back and thought it was well done.......Karla is one sick physco and doesnt deserve any happiness......usually I can be forgiving but with her I find it impossible.
    No I did not but I want too. Karla is crazy for sure.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/or...la_homolka.html

Oh my gosh, I NEVER would have guessed that second picture of Karla in jail would've been her. It looks nothing like her. I guess jail didn't bother her to much, at least it appears that way from the smile on her face.
    I just can't understand this sick person...any boyfriend of mine who wanted to sleep with my sister would be dropped in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/or...la_homolka.html

Oh my gosh, I NEVER would have guessed that second picture of Karla in jail would've been her. It looks nothing like her. I guess jail didn't bother her to much, at least it appears that way from the smile on her face.
    I just can't understand this sick person...any boyfriend of mine who wanted to sleep with my sister would be dropped in a heartbeat.
    She is just nasty!

If my daughter had been one that Karla and her husband raped, abused , murdered and cut up I would never be able to forgive her. If she got out of prison in a few years and we lived in the same town I don't think I would be accountable for my actions. Oh I would have to be accountable in the long run but I don't know if I could let her live. Seriously.

It has been 13 yrs since the murder of my daughter and I have yet to forgive her ex-husband. He will be in prison way after I am dead and gone which is probably a good thing. I don't focus on him so it is not eating me alive but I just don't know how I can ever forgive what he did to my daughter, their little girl and me and my family. To me it would be like saying that "it is alright" and it will never be alright. I envy people who can forgive when someone murders their child and I know that is what the bible tells us to do but I think I'm in trouble there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    If my daughter had been one that Karla and her husband raped, abused , murdered and cut up I would never be able to forgive her. If she got out of prison in a few years and we lived in the same town I don't think I would be accountable for my actions. Oh I would have to be accountable in the long run but I don't know if I could let her live. Seriously.

It has been 13 yrs since the murder of my daughter and I have yet to forgive her ex-husband. He will be in prison way after I am dead and gone which is probably a good thing. I don't focus on him so it is not eating me alive but I just don't know how I can ever forgive what he did to my daughter, their little girl and me and my family. To me it would be like saying that "it is alright" and it will never be alright. I envy people who can forgive when someone murders their child and I know that is what the bible tells us to do but I think I'm in trouble there.
    I would vote NOT guilty if I were on the jury in your trial.

Don't mean to be chicken little here but I did learn something tonight from my "source" who told me the inside details about Robert Pickton's trial.

Karla is getting married or has already gotten married out of the country. He said this will make it *very* hard for people to find out her new last name and allow her to fall further into the cracks of society. I believe he said she's going to have a new first name as well.

"out of the country" ??--Good Lord, I hope she doesn't end up here in Florida--We have a lot of Canadians that come down here to Florida to escape the Canadian winters--hope she doesn't have the same idea

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    It truly sickens me that someone like her is walking free. I am really shocked that "karma" has not caught up with her yet. Her day will come, here in this life or the next.
    It is sick, isn't it? Canadian justice...oh, boy. I have lived here in BC for five years now. There was a police officer who was killed in Richmond, BC by street racers. This officer was the pride of that community, just an absolute A+ individual. Do you know what the street racers were sentenced to? House arrest. Let me say that again: the men responsible for killing this officer were made to stay at home for two years. For killing a man who literally gave everything he had to protect the community from punks like that. Oh, and I think after their house arrest was over they were sent back to India.

It is a horror to any decent, moral person that people like Karla get out and go back into our world to walk amongst us. She did pay her debt to society for her crimes, at least legally speaking. I would like nothing more than for her to be a wonderful mother to this child and a loving wife to her new husband. For all of our sakes, I hope we never have to hear about her again in any mor news-worthy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    "out of the country" ??--Good Lord, I hope she doesn't end up here in Florida--We have a lot of Canadians that come down here to Florida to escape the Canadian winters--hope she doesn't have the same idea
    My friend told me she will/has done it in the Caribbean.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast