Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 454
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    I'm fairly sure that at this point in time she is free to go about her business, as her debt to society is considered paid. I know she filed to change her name AGAIN, and was refused permission, but I don't believe that had anything to do with probation.
    Thank you. Do you know why she was denied the name change? Is it because of her notoriety?
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  2. #47
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Thank you. Do you know why she was denied the name change? Is it because of her notoriety?
    I don't remember why. I have a folder of links about her on my machine... right now I'm on my daughter's laptop.

    It may be because she's already changed her name once. (to Teale)
    The name she wanted to change it to was Tremblay, which I understand is a very common name where she lives...


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    I don't remember why. I have a folder of links about her on my machine... right now I'm on my daughter's laptop.

    It may be because she's already changed her name once. (to Teale)
    The name she wanted to change it to was Tremblay, which I understand is a very common name where she lives...
    Well it would seem her name would change automatically if she wanted to when she got married.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Whalen
    How is it that she would even be allowed to leave a country with a record like hers. Or be given entry to another country. Not that I want her here in Canada but I thought having been in a Federal Prison would prevent her from crossing borders.
    I'm not certain, but I believe she is allowed to cross borders, however it's up to the border (she's crossing into) whether or not they let her in. Also, due to the huge backlog, currently it's taking 2+ months to process a passport application so she won't be leaving any time soon.

    I pity the child who will one day discover his mother is an evil monster, the most despised woman in Canada.

    From the link: St. Mary's Hospital officials said yesterday they will probe claims that hospital staff recognized Homolka and initially refused to give her treatment.


  5. #50
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Well it would seem her name would change automatically if she wanted to when she got married.
    Nope, I don't think they could stop that.


  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,919
    No matter what kind of a person she is today after paying her "debt" to society, I still think it is so wrong for her to be able to keep a child.

    She never should have been offered the plea deal giving her such a light sentence for her crimes. She is a murderer and child molester any way you cut it and she should be rotting in jail or hell, not nursing a newborn.


  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf
    ...I pity the child who will one day discover his mother is an evil monster, the most despised woman in Canada.....
    It's interesting to think about. Children (even abused ones) tend to love and want their parents so much. Karla's child will have many years of loving her Mom before she becomes old enough to even find out about her Mom's past crimes. I do wonder what you would tell a child in this sort of situation.

    Eventually of course all children grow up and find out their parents are far from perfect. I would think that how Karla's child will react to the truth she must one day discover will depend in large part on what kind of parent Karla she has been to her before the child uncovers such information.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  8. #53
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003
    No matter what kind of a person she is today after paying her "debt" to society, I still think it is so wrong for her to be able to keep a child.

    She never should have been offered the plea deal giving her such a light sentence for her crimes. She is a murderer and child molester any way you cut it and she should be rotting in jail or hell, not nursing a newborn.
    Newborn or no newborn, I think she should spend the rest of her life in prison. I understand she made a deal with the Crown, but upon finding out that she LIED, that deal should have been able to be revoked, IMO.

    I have done as much reading on her that I can find, it's tough because of the media laws there. I read some letters that she had written while still in prison. I don't believe she is truly sorry at all. I'll try to find the link.



    ETA: Found it- Karla Letters


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,049
    Thanks for posting that link, IrishMist. It was very interesting to read those letters. Certainly she says she feels guilt, shame and remorse for her crimes. She also says that no matter what she does or says, people aren't going to believe her - I think she's on the money with that comment!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Right, thanks KrisNine.

    I'm not up on all the serial killers about the place and probably will give this guy a miss, but was just curious as to who he was..
    --you may just as well give him a "miss" cuz he is about the worst you can get--He would drive his orange volkswagen in the middle of the night, and randomly, arbitrarily, look for unlocked doors or windows--upon entering he would immediately shoot the husbands dead,then rape the wife and then shoot her--He murdered close to 6 couples in the lat '80's killed about 12 people for no reason--He was a heavy metal music addict, a cocaine addict and had rotten smelly teeth because of an abnormal fear of dentists--he was in consant pain from his teeth--In prison they yanked all his teeth out--Ramirez is now, thankfully, dying a horrible death from empysema and lung cancer--Definitely the ugliest serial killer in US History, a face that even a mother would hate


  11. #56
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Thanks for posting that link, IrishMist. It was very interesting to read those letters. Certainly she says she feels guilt, shame and remorse for her crimes. She also says that no matter what she does or says, people aren't going to believe her - I think she's on the money with that comment!
    I don't believe her, either. When I read the letters the overall tone is "poor Karla". Nothing more, nothing less. I think she's guilty of believing her own PR. She has the nerve to whine about parole hearings, because she knows they won't get granted. She wishes she'd have gotten life or the death sentence, because then she'd either have a chance at parole, or dead and not have to suffer anymore. Oh, boo-hoo, poor Karla.

    She says in one letter she'd do anything that was required of her upon release- even standing on her head. But what did she do upon release?? Applied for all restrictions to be removed.

    She still doesn't take responsibility for her crimes. Still acts like the victim. Still wants it to be all Paul's fault.

    You do know, don't you, where she got the name Teale? Paul took it to honor a fictional serial killer. That's the name she chose??

    Nope, no pity for Karla from me.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishMist For This Useful Post:


  13. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    --you may just as well give him a "miss" cuz he is about the worst you can get--He would drive his orange volkswagen in the middle of the night, and randomly, arbitrarily, look for unlocked doors or windows--upon entering he would immediately shoot the husbands dead,then rape the wife and then shoot her--He murdered close to 6 couples in the lat '80's killed about 12 people for no reason--He was a heavy metal music addict, a cocaine addict and had rotten smelly teeth because of an abnormal fear of dentists--he was in consant pain from his teeth--In prison they yanked all his teeth out--Ramirez is now, thankfully, dying a horrible death from empysema and lung cancer--Definitely the ugliest serial killer in US History, a face that even a mother would hate
    Oh geez, glad I did miss it.


  14. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,189
    Thanks for the link to her letters Irish, I hadn't seen those.

    Will check them out.

    She gets no pity from me either and if she really has got a baby, I feel sorry for it already...imagine finding out that your Mum is a freakin psycho...


  15. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,919
    I have pity for her child, but absolutely no pity for her.


  16. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist
    I don't believe her, either. When I read the letters the overall tone is "poor Karla". Nothing more, nothing less. I think she's guilty of believing her own PR. She has the nerve to whine about parole hearings, because she knows they won't get granted. She wishes she'd have gotten life or the death sentence, because then she'd either have a chance at parole, or dead and not have to suffer anymore. Oh, boo-hoo, poor Karla.

    She says in one letter she'd do anything that was required of her upon release- even standing on her head. But what did she do upon release?? Applied for all restrictions to be removed.

    She still doesn't take responsibility for her crimes. Still acts like the victim. Still wants it to be all Paul's fault.

    You do know, don't you, where she got the name Teale? Paul took it to honor a fictional serial killer. That's the name she chose??

    Nope, no pity for Karla from me.
    I know a good deal about this case - have read some books and followed it for a while. I actually didn't find the tone of her letters offensive or pitiful. The writer was obviously asking her a bunch of questions and I think she was answering.

    I also think anyone released from prison would probably file for all restrictions to be removed. I know I would.

    Paula has taken so much from the world. Now that she is released, I hope she will be able to give back. I guess we will see if that is possible.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •