Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Year Old Dragged To Death During Car Theft

me neither. geez, maybe it's better NOT to know any history, or any of the present for that matter. LOL. no wonder everyone's so into knowing what britney or paris was wearing, or who they are screwing, etc. who wants to hear all this stuff all the time? oops- i guess we do. are we masochists or something....?

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    I guess I am in the minority on this thread, but I think things are good and getting better every day. Children certainly have more rights today and people seem more concerned with how things affect our children than they did when I was a child. Molestation and abuse are not covered up nearly the way they used to be. We are more open and we are more aware.

I am happy at the world my young sons will inherit. There is so much beauty and light here - no matter what the media wants to tell me!
    Southcitymom-you and I must live in the same universe. I think this is a great time to be a kid and a parent and I think the world is pretty good overall. There's always bad people in the world doing bad things but most of the people I see around me are good people doing their best to raise good kids. For every terrible parenting story you read on hear there's 1,000 parents raising their kids right and providing loving, caring, homes.

Becca

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    beauty and light? i'm glad you're feeling positive about it, but wow-- what universe do you live in?!
    The same one you do, I suspect - that's how we ended up on the same website!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by beakiebean
    Southcitymom-you and I must live in the same universe. I think this is a great time to be a kid and a parent and I think the world is pretty good overall. There's always bad people in the world doing bad things but most of the people I see around me are good people doing their best to raise good kids. For every terrible parenting story you read on hear there's 1,000 parents raising their kids right and providing loving, caring, homes.

Becca
    Thank goodness, Becca. I know we are not the only two. It's easy to get bogged down in the negative - especially if you hang out on a board like this - but I am continually amazed with what I see from my fellow human beings.

arrests made:

The police say that two youngsters, Diego da Silva, 18, and E. (a minor), have confessed the crime telling details of what they've done and showing very little emotion. They have also implicated two other youths.

more:
    http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/7885/54/

This makes me physically ill!!! At least it does sound as though the little boy died right away.

I just couldn't click the link to the story to read about it. The thread title made me ill. I just hope this child did not suffer for long.

Quote Originally Posted by mistivon
    arrests made:

The police say that two youngsters, Diego da Silva, 18, and E. (a minor), have confessed the crime telling details of what they've done and showing very little emotion. They have also implicated two other youths.

more:
    http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/7885/54/
    Thank you for the update. I am so glad they have caught the suspects. Such a sad story.

Angry

One of the kids apparently saw the child's body after they stopped and continued to dig through the car for stuff worth value.

I could not imagine seeing a bloody child's body with no head, fingers, or knees, and hanging from a carseat and think of only what the stereo could be worth.
    This bothered me all night.

I can not read the language, but there is a photo of the little boy here, and what appears to be a photo of the car after the incident.

http://veja.abril.com.br/140207/p_046.shtml

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12