1142 users online (203 members and 939 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

LA: "Gang capital of America"

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - They call themselves the Bounty Hunters, the Midget Locos, Project Gangster Blood and China Town Boyz and most of them don't expect to live beyond age 20.

Forty years after the Bloods and the Crips put Los Angeles on the map, the number of gangs in Los Angeles County has swelled to about 1,000 and their estimated 88,000 members are drawn from every ethnicity -- Asians, blacks, Latinos, whites.

"Los Angeles county and city is, unfortunately, the gang capital of America," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said as police on Thursday announced a crackdown on the city's 11 worst gangs.

More here: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

I worry my cousin lives there every single day.

how has this situation been allowed to grow to this level?

I doubt there's enough manpower to do anything about it. Probably a certain level of fear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - They call themselves the Bounty Hunters, the Midget Locos, Project Gangster Blood and China Town Boyz and most of them don't expect to live beyond age 20.

Forty years after the Bloods and the Crips put Los Angeles on the map, the number of gangs in Los Angeles County has swelled to about 1,000 and their estimated 88,000 members are drawn from every ethnicity -- Asians, blacks, Latinos, whites.

"Los Angeles county and city is, unfortunately, the gang capital of America," Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca said as police on Thursday announced a crackdown on the city's 11 worst gangs.

More here: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

I worry my cousin lives there every single day.

how has this situation been allowed to grow to this level?
    We have similar gangs here in Australia too, and we have migrants that come here and do not abide by our laws, and sometimes use religion as a scapegoat, there have been riots and at some of our Australian events we are not allowed to display our national flag as this also causes riots. The government is trying to get on top of this by training more police, but the problems have not gone away. We should be able to display our national flag with pride, and not let the minority dicatate what we can and cannot do in our own country.

Thumbs down

I watched a documentary called "America's Most Dangerous Gang". It profiled MS13. I've never seen anything like it in my life. And it is going on right here in the United States. They make the other gangs look like quilting circles.

NYC is having a terrible problem with Chinese gangs, although it isn't publicized much. I know someone in the district attorney's office who's job is mainly dealing with this.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by samhoney
    I watched a documentary called "America's Most Dangerous Gang". It profiled MS13. I've never seen anything like it in my life. And it is going on right here in the United States. They make the other gangs look like quilting circles.
    MS13 is horrible. Apparently it is in almost every state, according to a recent report I read. Got it's start in El Salvador, if I remember correctly. They are just awful.

<police on Thursday announced a crackdown on the city's 11 worst gangs>

yeah-- i will believe it when i see it. why the hell wasn't something done before it got THIS bad?? how bad does it have to get....??????
    and- why can't we bring our troops home, where we need them the MOST, to battle the war we have going on here, RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSE........????