1012 users online (228 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Police Search For Mother After Child Is Found Outside In Extreme Temperatures

February 09, 2007

Police briefs

Police still looking for mother of child found in freezing weather

Charleston police are hunting for a woman who allegedly left her 5-year-old daughter
    unattended only to have strangers find the child outside in frigid weather,
    court records show.

At 4:55 a.m. Monday, strangers found Angela Moles’ daughter in the
    Washington Manor housing complex, wearing pajamas, house shoes and a jacket,
    about 125 yards from her apartment, according to a warrant filed in Kanawha
    County Magistrate Court.

The outside temperature when the girl was found was 9 degrees with
    a minus 5 wind-chill factor, Detective D.S. Paxton wrote in the warrant.
    Police tried to contact Moles at her apartment, but could not get a response.

More at link: http://sundaygazettemail.com/section...ews/2007020832

Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Found Wandering In Cold
    ]Charleston Police arrested 32-year-old Angela Moles today.

Police say Moles' young daughter was found wandering around Washington Manor with only pajamas, house shoes, and a jacket.

Investigators had been looking for Moles since her daughter was found early Monday morning. She's now charged with felony child neglect.

Moles was found in her apartment today.

She says its not her fault.

Angela Moles, mother: "I was at home. I was asleep. She was supposed to be asleep. She got up and went outside by herself."

More at link: http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewi...070209-1.shtml

Where in the hell has she been since her child has been gone since Monday? Did she just not notice?

Oh yeah, it wasn't her fault. I guess it wasn't her fault the toddler had not been around for FIVE days!!!! I suppose the toddler was just going to return home whenever she felt like it. No need for the mother to panic by checking with neighbors, calling police, hospitals, etc...

Last edited by Jeana (DP); 02-10-2007 at 01:22 PM.

tweekers crash for days after staying up for 10-15 days on meth.
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

"Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

Yeah, I was going to say that maybe it wasn't her fault when it was that early when the child was found but seriously a couple of days. Does she think people will believe for days she just didn't see her 5 year old and that's ok. Is it normal for her young child to leave and not be seen for days. That is crazy and she needs this kid taken away.