975 users online (163 members and 812 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple Had Intercourse In Front Of 9 yr old Daughter To Teach Her About Sex

Although the daughter says they never tried to involve her in the sex acts, I believe that they would have in time.
    I am so glad the little girl had one decent parent to take care of her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251296,00.html
    PROVIDENCE, R.I. A Woonsocket mother and her boyfriend are headed to trial on charges they had intercourse in front of the woman's 9-year-old daughter as a way to teach the girl about sex.

Rebecca Arnold, of Woonsocket, and her boyfriend, David Prata, have pleaded not guilty to felony child-neglect charges. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for next month.

When questioned by an investigator from the state Department of Children, Youth and Families, Prata, 33, said he and Arnold, 36, had sex "all the time" in front of the child and that "we don't believe in hiding anything."

He said the girl would often be on the bed watching as the couple had sex. Though they did not ask her to leave, they also did not force her to remain on the bed, Prata said.

Asked why he thought a child that age should know about sexual acts, Prata replied, "We wanted to prepare her so she would know how," according to a report from the investigator, Vanessa E. Cisela.

The girl, who is now 11, went to live with her biological father in North Adams, Mass., after spending the summer with her mother in Woonsocket.

Her teacher called the Child Abuse Hotline in December 2004 to report that the girl said her mother and her boyfriend had sex in front of her.

The child told a Massachusetts social services investigator that her mother and Prata never touched her or tried to include her in the sex.

Woonsocket police arrested Prata and Arnold in February 2005. The couple is accused of "providing an environment that is lewd and depraved in a manner that makes their home unfit for the child to live in," according to court records.

Prata and Arnold are free on bail pending a March 19 pretrial conference in Family Court. They each face one to three years in prison or a maximum $1,000 fine, or both.

Their lawyers did not return phone calls from The Providence Journal.

Give me a break.

I didn't even want to know that my parents EVER had sex.

That is absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by csds703
    Give me a break.

I didn't even want to know that my parents EVER had sex.
    even if i knew it--- wouldnt want to watch it.....

I remember when I was little hearing my parents having sex thru the wall and turning the radio up and covering my ears and feeling sick to my stomach. I can't imagine the girl wanted to stay in the room!!!!

I never even got to look at pictures.

But why is sex considered "depraved?" We really live in a puritanical society.......I agree that it is irresponsible but this is why families should stay together....I hope though that the dad gets custody.....

Quote Originally Posted by kylie
    But why is sex considered "depraved?" We really live in a puritanical society.......I agree that it is irresponsible but this is why families should stay together....I hope though that the dad gets custody.....
    No one in this thread said that sex is "depraved." The charges against the mother and boyfriend indicate that sexual intercourse in front of a child is depraved. Big difference there.

As far as "this is why families should stay together," whatever do you mean?

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by kylie
    Sex is not depraved but having the 9-yr-old child in the room watching IS depraved.

On the face of it, I guess demonstrating the birds and the bees isn't wrong. (Kind of hippieish.) It's the "often" part that worries me.

After seeing it once, I def. wouldn't have wanted to stick around to see it again!
    (I saw my mom naked as a kid, but never my dad--thank God!!! Oddly, a stepfather would have been less disturbing.)

Ewwwww!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Ewwwww!
    DOUBLE EWWWW

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    That is really pretty disturbing. I can't imagine thinking that is a good idea...
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Whatever happened to the "talk"?

What did they do? Give a play-by-play as they went along?

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by lavonne
    Whatever happened to the "talk"?

What did they do? Give a play-by-play as they went along?

WTF?
    I like you already lavonne...welcome to WS!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast