GUILTY RI - Couple Had Intercourse In Front Of 9 yr old Daughter To Teach Her About Sex, Feb 2005

White Rain

Reaction score
Although the daughter says they never tried to involve her in the sex acts, I believe that they would have in time.
I am so glad the little girl had one decent parent to take care of her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251296,00.html
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A Woonsocket mother and her boyfriend are headed to trial on charges they had intercourse in front of the woman's 9-year-old daughter as a way to teach the girl about sex.

Rebecca Arnold, of Woonsocket, and her boyfriend, David Prata, have pleaded not guilty to felony child-neglect charges. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for next month.

When questioned by an investigator from the state Department of Children, Youth and Families, Prata, 33, said he and Arnold, 36, had sex "all the time" in front of the child and that "we don't believe in hiding anything."

He said the girl would often be on the bed watching as the couple had sex. Though they did not ask her to leave, they also did not force her to remain on the bed, Prata said.

Asked why he thought a child that age should know about sexual acts, Prata replied, "We wanted to prepare her so she would know how," according to a report from the investigator, Vanessa E. Cisela.

The girl, who is now 11, went to live with her biological father in North Adams, Mass., after spending the summer with her mother in Woonsocket.

Her teacher called the Child Abuse Hotline in December 2004 to report that the girl said her mother and her boyfriend had sex in front of her.

The child told a Massachusetts social services investigator that her mother and Prata never touched her or tried to include her in the sex.

Woonsocket police arrested Prata and Arnold in February 2005. The couple is accused of "providing an environment that is lewd and depraved in a manner that makes their home unfit for the child to live in," according to court records.

Prata and Arnold are free on bail pending a March 19 pretrial conference in Family Court. They each face one to three years in prison or a maximum $1,000 fine, or both.

Their lawyers did not return phone calls from The Providence Journal.

Give me a break.

I didn't even want to know that my parents EVER had sex.

:clap: :laugh:

csds703 said:
Give me a break.

I didn't even want to know that my parents EVER had sex.
even if i knew it--- wouldnt want to watch it.....:bang:

I remember when I was little hearing my parents having sex thru the wall and turning the radio up and covering my ears and feeling sick to my stomach. I can't imagine the girl wanted to stay in the room!!!!
hand.gif

But why is sex considered "depraved?" We really live in a puritanical society.......I agree that it is irresponsible but this is why families should stay together....I hope though that the dad gets custody.....

kylie said:
But why is sex considered "depraved?" We really live in a puritanical society.......I agree that it is irresponsible but this is why families should stay together....I hope though that the dad gets custody.....
No one in this thread said that sex is "depraved." The charges against the mother and boyfriend indicate that sexual intercourse in front of a child is depraved. Big difference there.

As far as "this is why families should stay together," whatever do you mean?

Hoppy

kylie said:

Sex is not depraved but having the 9-yr-old child in the room watching IS depraved.

On the face of it, I guess demonstrating the birds and the bees isn't wrong. (Kind of hippieish.) It's the "often" part that worries me.

After seeing it once, I def. wouldn't have wanted to stick around to see it again!
(I saw my mom naked as a kid, but never my dad--thank God!!! Oddly, a stepfather would have been less disturbing.)

That is really pretty disturbing. I can't imagine thinking that is a good idea...

Whatever happened to the "talk"?

What did they do? Give a play-by-play as they went along?

WTF?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
lavonne said:
Whatever happened to the "talk"?

What did they do? Give a play-by-play as they went along?

WTF?
I like you already lavonne...welcome to WS!!! :D

While I thing was they did was wrong and they should not have custody, it brings up an interesting point in my own life.
We spent 3-6 weeks every summer in a pop-up camper. My parents were/are very, um, amorous. There were curtains, but my little brother and I always knew what was going on. I mean, the whole camper shook (that noise you hear is me chuckling at the memory). It was no big deal, it was just what mommies and daddies did. (We also grew up on a farm, so the whole "breeding" thing was perfectly natural as well.)
That said, no child should be allowed or forced to watch. THAT is what crosses the line in my mind.

Pandora said:
While I thing was they did was wrong and they should not have custody, it brings up an interesting point in my own life.
We spent 3-6 weeks every summer in a pop-up camper. My parents were/are very, um, amorous. There were curtains, but my little brother and I always knew what was going on. I mean, the whole camper shook (that noise you hear is me chuckling at the memory). It was no big deal, it was just what mommies and daddies did. (We also grew up on a farm, so the whole "breeding" thing was perfectly natural as well.)
That said, no child should be allowed or forced to watch. THAT is what crosses the line in my mind.
Watching crosses the line for me. I once stepped on my parents getting busy on the floor of a hotel room we were sharing when I got up to go to the bathroom. Stuff like that happens in families. But most people try to be discreet - having a child that age watch repeatedly is creepy.

I saw my dad naked once when I was little by accident and I saw what I thought were two penises - for the longest time I thought men had two of them.

If my boyfriend suggested that I allow my daughter to watch, I would have shown the creep the door so fast that he wouldn't know what hit him. Sex would only be happening late at night long after the child(ren) have gone to bed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back