TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
Myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=113485101

BRANDI WELLS
Missing Since: August 2, 2006
Missing From: Graham Central Station nightclub in Longview
Sex: female
Height: 4ft. 11in.
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye Color: blue
Hair Color: blonde, shoulder length
Race: White
Birth Date: November 28, 1982
Brandi
BrandiWells

Clothing Description: high heel sandles, rust colored Gaucho pants, dark, floral print tube top with a v cut over the hip
On the morning of August 3rd, Brandi's car, a black 2000 Grand Prix was found parked along I-20 westbound just outside of Longview, Texas. It was about 300 yards west of FM 2087. If you saw her car that morning and remember seeing anyone near the car please call the Longview Police Department or the Laura Recovery Center. Brandi's family is desperately searching for her.

http://www.lrcf.net/missing/BrandiWells/BrandiWells.html
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=113485101

these are old, but have a little more info on the case:

For the past six weeks Tant has been desperately searching for her daughter. Wells, 23, was last seen at a popular Longview nightclub on Aug. 3. Six days later police found Wells’ car along I-20 near Highway 31.

"Some of her personal belonging such as her cell phone was found in the vehicle," Tant said.

The FBI is now working with the police department in figuring out where the young woman is. Both agencies say foul play still isn't a factor in the case, but Tant says federal agents have told her they're looking at the possibility Wells was abducted

http://www.ketknbc.com/home/ticker/3905226.html

copied from another forum, links have expired ( i hope doing this is ok???)

Tant said Wells had planned to return to school this fall and had a full scholarship to join the Trinity Valley Community College flag corps. She was to study to become a teacher.

"She's very outgoing. She really didn't meet a stranger, and she thought everybody was like her, that they were kind and wouldn't harm anybody," Tant said. "She had dreams."

Wells was waiting for band camp to start when she went to Graham Central Station on Aug. 2. According to video surveillance, Wells was alone when she entered the nightclub at about 10 p.m. and was also alone when she left shortly after midnight. ......

Two specially trained dogs found no body Tuesday morning during a search in Longview.

Sgt. Shaun Pendleton, Longview Police Department spokesman, said the search was a follow-up to a volunteer group's efforts to find 23-year-old Brandi Ellen Wells, who was last seen at a local nightclub on Aug. 3. .......

"I've been racking my brain to see if I even told her I loved her, but I think I did, and to be careful."

When her mom did not hear from Brandi the next day, she did not immediately worry. She thought maybe her daughter decided to stay with friends after a night out.

But then a call to her cell phone went unreturned and then a call from Brandi's Brownsboro roommate asking about where Brandi was made Mrs. Tant realize something was wrong. She called police.

Brandi had apparently gone to a Longview club that night. Surveillance camera footage shows her entering Graham Central Station in Longview alone around 10 p.m. and then leaving alone just after midnight Aug. 3.

More than three months later, despite news coverage, the discovery of Brandi's abandoned car along Interstate 20, a search and numerous tips and possible sightings, there has been no word from Brandi and no resolution to the mystery.

There has been no word despite her mother's birthday passing, despite her brother recently returning home from military service in Iraq and despite the holidays approaching.

There's still no word even as Brandi's family prepares for her 24th birthday to come and then, perhaps, go, without her.

Even though Mrs. Tant has a support system through family, friends and work, "not knowing is one of the worst things in the world," she said. "If she is gone, I would rather know than wonder the rest of my life.".........

About a week after Wells' disappearance, there was activity on her cell phone. Three people had found the phone and had been using it. All three took a polygraph test, according to Tant. Two passed the polygraph, one did not. Tant said police are still talking to the man who failed the polygraph, but have not learned anything new.......

(i find that very interesting....that was in december, i wonder if anything ever panned out)

from http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5449753,
They started with a prayer. Then, using search dogs and on foot, they searched wooded areas in Longview around the club she was last seen and several miles of the interstate.

"We're looking from the club where she was last seen all the way to I-20 where her car was found. We hope to find something" said Cormier.

Interesting that one of the guys didn't pass a poly. I wonder if these guys followed her from the club and forced her to pull over where her car was found. I wonder where they said they found the phone? These guys may not have even been at the club but spotted her on the street walking to her car or driving and followed her.

I hope LE is putting the pressure on those three guys. The third guy might be the criminal but you can bet the other two know something. I hope LE is just building a case and have no suspects now.

My heart goes out to Brandi's mom. I'm sure the not knowing is just the worst thing ever. My imagination would probably cause a nervous breakdown.

According to employees of the nightclub, Brandi had to call for directions several times on her way there. By the time she finally arrived, her car was running on empty, so she asked some of the patrons for help. Whether or not any one obliged is unknown. Surveillance footage from the establishment shows Brandi leaving shortly after midnight.

"I think maybe someone may have taken advantage of that situation. The video shows her leave and she left. She hasn't been seen since."

"I am 5' 1" and my daughter is 4' 11"; she's shorter than I am," Ellen said in a telephone interview with Crime Library last night. "When I got behind the wheel, I could barely reach the pedals. My husband, her stepfather, is 6' 1," and when he climbed behind the wheel, he sat there very comfortably. Other than that, there was no evidence that they told me about."

All the police will tell us is that he failed his polygraph, and they have been after him and after him and they cannot make him change his story. There is something about his story that is not true, but they won't tell me what it is. They won't tell me where he found it (the cell phone) or how he found it. I don't even know his name. The polygraphs were voluntary, and they (the police) can't disclose anything. All they could tell me was that he was being less than honest."

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0207/1901_brandi_wells.html

LE could at least tell Brandi's mother where the guys said they found the cell phone. I can imagine how frustrating not being told anything has to be for her. I really believe it depends on who the detective is how much you are told. If I were in this mom's shoes I would ask to talk to the Chief of Police and ask to be told what they know up to this point. She doesn't have to know the guys name. She needs to know where they said they found the phone and anyother info that won't affect the case.

So someone else was driving Brandi's car? If the stepdad fit behind the wheel that must mean that one of the guys was driving and they probably ran out of gus or switched cars at that point. Cars are towed to the police yard aren't they so no police officer would have driven it.

I hope this gal turns up safe and sound soon. We need some more happy endings on missing people. To many sad endings lately.

It doesn't sound like they ever got anything out of the guy who flunked his poly. To bad someone couldn't get him alone and give him a little backwoods therapy to help him talk. He has to know something if he flunked that test.

It has been almost a year since this young lady went missing. The chances of her being alive are really slim but she has to be out there somewhere. It doesn't sound like anyone helped her with gas that night and she ran out. I wish she had called someone. I wonder if someone in that bar heard her asking for help and just followed her until she ran out. Such a young girl with so much ahead in her future. So darn sad.

I posted a suggestion of a match in the thread here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47950

The stats are quite similar...she might be a little shorter than Princess L. Someone could have kept her and then dumped her two months later.

Longview to Kilgore is only 11 miles. Surely, LE would've checked this connection. I don't have daylight hours to contact Longview LE to make sure. If anyone else wants to make this suggestion feel free.

A two-day search commemorating the one-year anniversary of Brandi Ellen Wells' disappearance might have turned up several clues Saturday and Sunday.

Sgt. Shaun Pendleton, spokesman for the Longview Police Department, said it is unknown if these items are related to Wells, but they have been sent to a lab for analysis.

"As far as what these items of interest are, we're not allowed to release that information," he said Monday. "This is still an active case, though, and we're still looking at everything."

Wells was 23 when she was last seen on surveillance video leaving Graham Central Station alone on Aug. 3, 2006.

At the time, Wells lived in Brownsboro but had been staying at her mother's home in Tyler.

http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/08072007_wells.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=7

Murders, Disappearance Share Common Suspect
Interesting article that mentions that Joseph Wayne Burnette is a person of interest in 3 disappearances/murders that happened during the time he was out of prison. One of those disappearances he is a person of interest in is the disappearance of Brandi Wells.

Please see link for more:
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20...WS01/803180327

By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

Ellen Tant has lived a “nightmare” of not knowing what happened to her daughter, and information about another case released Monday has her asking the question — is my daughter dead?

Ms. Tant contacted the Tyler Paper Tuesday in reference to an article detailing new information in the Gregg County case of an unidentified woman whose burned body was found two months after her daughter went missing.

Gregg County Sheriff Lt. Mike Claxton identified 30-year-old Joseph Wayne Burnette as a “person of interest” in the sexual homicide of the burned woman, and said he could possibly be responsible for the disappearance of Tant’s daughter, Brandi Wells, 23, of Brownsboro who has been missing for several years, and the death of Deena Cedillo aka Deena Garcia of Longview.

“I’m just hearing about this today, and I haven’t heard anything on my daughter for at least eight months,” Ms. Tant said in a phone interview.

More here: http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20...WS01/937030879

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/mar/17/skeletal-remains-found-in-southeast-abilene/A transient searching for aluminum cans in a wooded area stumbled upon the remains, said Abilene police Sgt. John Reid. The man went to a convenience store and called police shortly after 2 p.m.The remains were sent to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office for autopsy and identification, Reid said---------------------------------------------------------------Abilene is on I-20 about three hours west of Dallas. No info yet as to gender or manner of death. Remains were discovered yesterday and decomposition is advanced.

Mysterious man claims missing East Texas woman is alive

KYTX

The mother of a missing East Texas woman claims she may have received a break in her daughter's disappearance.

Brandi Wells disappeared from a Longview nightclub three and a half years ago. Her mother, Ellen Tant, says a man named "Tim" called her this weekend claiming Brandi was alive and living in Kansas City, Missouri.

The call was disconnected before Ellen could get any more information. Now she's pleading for the man to call her back.

"You know you kind of wonder if this could be a good lead, but then it's the only hope I've had in 3 and a half years that she's alive and well. So it's all I've got so I'm going to run with it," explained Tant.

Brandi Wells was last seen at Graham Central Station in Longview.

http://www.cbs19.tv/global/story.asp?s=12079655

Horribly cruel phone call if there is no iota of truth in it.

Bump for Brandi.

Just watched a special about Brandi's disappearance. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new. Have any new leads come of the phone call? Very strange case.

I just saw the "disappeared" on this case...How completely heartbreaking. It aired before the call claiming she was alive, which seems very bizarre. And I have to say, the police work at the beginning was, to be polite, terrible, even though, to their credit, they weren't able to search a fresh crime scene, although I think it would have made little difference. And I have so many questions, like did her sister know that BW was planning on going to grand central instead of electric cowboy? I think its very unlikely she ran away, considering she had asked her sister to go with her and to borrow someone else's car. Perhaps who placed this call claiming she was alive was somehow involved and just is really twisted and sick and gets pleasure out of toying with them and keeping it in the news.

BUMPER CARZ

Likewise I just saw the case on Disappeared.

First time poster. I actually live in the area where she went missing. I have caught part of her episode of Dissapeared. I don't know if it has been covered or not, but was there gas in her car when it was found? I know some people in the club reported she was trying to get money for gas. If I remember correctly, her car was found on the interstate. The most direct route to the interstate from the club has maybe three gas stations on the way. Police could have reviewed security footage from the gas stations to see if they could tell if anyone was in the car with her. Or maybe in a vehicle following behind her. Just putting some ideas out there.

http://www.kltv.com/story/16373344/skeletal-remains-found-in-wooded-area

This just popped up on my phone...

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

Authorities are looking into the discovery of skeletal remains in a wooded area.

The discovery was made around 4p.m. in an area off of West Sabine Street near the intersection of Del Roy Lane in Longview.

It is not known how long the remains have been in the area or the identity of the victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back