GUILTY NC - Nneka Wilson, 24, stabbed to death, Wendell, 12 Feb 2007

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=5029237

Detectives were called to a home on Eagles Crossing Road in the Eagle Rock community near Wendell around 6:05 Tuesday morning.
When they arrived, they found a 25-year-old woman dead inside the home. The woman's two children were with her. The woman's husband made the 911 call when he arrived home around 6 a.m.

The children were not hurt.

Investigators are not releasing the victim's name or how she was killed at this time.

They will say the husband is cooperating with authorities and that they have no suspects in the homicide investigation at this time.

We're treating it as a homicide," said Chief Richard Johnson with the sheriff's office. "We're just starting the investigation. Information is sketchy right now."

Investigators have not said how the woman died or described the scene inside the residence, but WRAL has learned that there appears to be something written in blood on the kitchen floor.

Two children were also found unharmed inside the house, authorities said.

The identity of the victim has not been released, but real estate records show the owners to be Jakiem and Nneka Wilson.

Neighbors of the family are stunned by the death.

"I'm still devastated. I just cannot believe it. I don't personally know the people. I know the area," neighbor Gwen Spivey said. "It's very quiet, never been a whole lot of trouble. I've been here all my life, there's never been any trouble hardly."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1201935/

I am sorry, I do not know how NC is arranged...but are Wendell, Raleigh, and Durham anywhere close to each other.

That is 3 women murdered with their children in the same house, left unharmed.
Just curious as to the distance between these cities.

Hi santos....I live in NC and I am originally from the Raleigh area so I will try to answer you.

Downtown Durham is about 40 mins from Downtown Raleigh. Of course some areas are closer. You can get from Durham to Raleigh via several routes, 70, 40 and 64 are the main routes, there are about a million smaller routes.

Raleigh to Wendell is about 30 minutes. You can get to Wendell from Raleigh via 64 Bypass or 64 BUS and I several smaller routes that I don't know of. Raleigh and Durham are major cities in the Triangle and Wendell is a smaller town that is considered a bedroom community to Raleigh.

The areas where these crimes all happend are very disimilar (sp?) IMOO. The Youngs lived in a rather expensive neighborhood with neighbors pretty close by, the Abraro's lived in a rental in a nice, but more rural part of Durham with no close neighbors and there house could not be seen from the street. The couple in Wendell, I would imagine live in housing anywhere from $150 - $250 in a newer development with neighbors very close by.

Just some obs from someone with a little familiarity with the area, but a horrible speller. ;)

curious1 said:
Hi santos....I live in NC and I am originally from the Raleigh area so I will try to answer you.

Downtown Durham is about 40 mins from Downtown Raleigh. Of course some areas are closer. You can get from Durham to Raleigh via several routes, 70, 40 and 64 are the main routes, there are about a million smaller routes.

Raleigh to Wendell is about 30 minutes. You can get to Wendell from Raleigh via 64 Bypass or 64 BUS and I several smaller routes that I don't know of. Raleigh and Durham are major cities in the Triangle and Wendell is a smaller town that is considered a bedroom community to Raleigh.

The areas where these crimes all happend are very disimilar (sp?) IMOO. The Youngs lived in a rather expensive neighborhood with neighbors pretty close by, the Abraro's lived in a rental in a nice, but more rural part of Durham with no close neighbors and there house could not be seen from the street. The couple in Wendell, I would imagine live in housing anywhere from $150 - $250 in a newer development with neighbors very close by.

Just some obs from someone with a little familiarity with the area, but a horrible speller. ;)
Thank you, it makes sense. I do not think they are related at all..just odd that it continues to happen. I live in Texas, huge state, I am sure lots of these things happen daily that I am not aware of.

Oh and santos, I don't think these cases are related. The husband in this case is actually cooperating with LE, the other 2 not so much. Makes ya wonder why. :p

The others are pretty interesting. In case you have not found them they are under Featured Case Discussions, one is Michelle Young and the other is Janet Abaroa, Durham, NC.

Husband Arrested in Connection With Wife's Slaying

Posted: Feb. 13 7:35 a.m.
Updated: Today at 12:11 a.m.

Wendell — A man who said he found his wife dead inside their Wendell home early Tuesday morning has been arrested and will be charged in her death.

Jakiem Lance Wilson, 22, was taken into custody late Tuesday and was expected to be charged with first-degree murder in connection with Nneka Wilson, 24, by early Wednesday.

Wilson has a criminal record, primarily on drug charges.

Authorities would not say what led them to Wilson, who they said had been cooperating throughout the course of their investigation.

Early Tuesday evening, they found items they believe were involved in the crime near behind an abandoned service station at the corner of Martin Pond Road and Eagle Rock Road.

Investigators would not say what the items were but did say they were in the house before the crime.

More at link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1201935/

I guess it doesn't really matter if they cooperate or not does it? I wonder how LE figured out that the husband was the guilty party? Two more little kids without a mom or a dad now. Will it never stop? What is wrong with these guys that they can't or won't just walk away instead of killing their mate? It gets them no where but in prison for the rest of their lives and leaves their babies without parents.

What is wrong these days? I blame it on, and this is gonna get me flamed, the parents. Why? Well we seem to have raised a generation, esp of boys, that seem to think they are 'entitled' and they do not know how to deal with reality. They get married, have kids, decide they don't want a family and instead of divorcing they kill their spouses. Somewhere along the way someone, probably mommy, told Jr that he was special and could do no wrong all the while indulging his every whim. He was her special wittle boy, she could not deny him anything. Ladies, teach your boys to be men or they stay boys all their lives and this is where it gets 'em. Like Scott, Mark Hacking, Raven and many many others they just can't deal and they end up killing and in prison. This is JMVHO. Don't shoot. :)

WTH? I had a feeling it was the husband. Why would he not check on the kids right away? If my husband came home and I was dead, you better believe that he would finding our son and making sure he was ok.

Can we say sociopath?

Bobbisangel said:
I guess it doesn't really matter if they cooperate or not does it? I wonder how LE figured out that the husband was the guilty party? Two more little kids without a mom or a dad now. Will it never stop? What is wrong with these guys that they can't or won't just walk away instead of killing their mate? It gets them no where but in prison for the rest of their lives and leaves their babies without parents.
Exactly my thoughts.. hmm so sad for these poor kids. I sincerely hope that the kids didnt see their mother murdered ..but I suspect that they saw the mothers body. I hope whomever is given custody does provide counseling and a stable loving environment. My prayers go out to these children..

There are just so many of these kids now.. living with others after a spousal or SO has murdered the other parent..just awful.

curious1 said:
What is wrong these days? I blame it on, and this is gonna get me flamed, the parents. Why? Well we seem to have raised a generation, esp of boys, that seem to think they are 'entitled' and they do not know how to deal with reality. They get married, have kids, decide they don't want a family and instead of divorcing they kill their spouses. Somewhere along the way someone, probably mommy, told Jr that he was special and could do no wrong all the while indulging his every whim. He was her special wittle boy, she could not deny him anything. Ladies, teach your boys to be men or they stay boys all their lives and this is where it gets 'em. Like Scott, Mark Hacking, Raven and many many others they just can't deal and they end up killing and in prison. This is JMVHO. Don't shoot. :)

I agree with you however, I also believe in free will. But parenting is so important. When I had my first child I realized just how easy it is to mess up their lives. It is definitely a fine line....

Oh, I agree. They have free will, but they are so indulged they pretty much think they can get away with anything.

From July 2008:

http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local&id=6260933

Jurors in the Jakiem Wilson murder case sentenced him to life in prison Saturday...

Witnesses testified that Wilson told them he waited with a knife behind his back as his wife showered and told jokes as he used her hairbrush to clean up blood.

Roderick Ryan Howell and Jamie Russell Holder said Wilson complained that his wife nagged him and would want child support if the two split up.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3302443/

Roderick Ryan Howell, of Knightdale, and Jamie Russell Holder, of Garner, pleaded guilty to being accessories after the fact of murder in the Feb. 12, 2007, death of Nneka Wilson...

Howell was sentenced to 18 to 31 months in prison, which was suspended to two years on probation. Holder was sentenced to 17 to 30 months in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back