Pictures of JonBenet's bathroom

Solace

Reaction score
If anyone has a link to pictures of JonBenet's bathroom, please post it. Really can't discuss this without seeing what this bathroom looked like and I cannot find them on Candy Rose or anywhere else. Thanks for any help at all. Solace

rocket said:
You're welcome! Your thoughts?
Okay, here goes. Steve Thomas says she was thrown again a curved object, such as a bathtub HOWEVER, the beginnings of the wound (the rectangle) was where it originated. And then I believe her skull cracked from that. So now looking at the bathtub, it is not curved. I do not know why he says she was thrown against something that was curved, if she does have a piece of skull missing that is rectangular and that Dr. Spitz says is a perfect fit with the flashlight.

But as I am looking at the pictures, Patsy could have been pulling her into the bathroom in a rage and as they reached the bathroom pushed her in and JonBenet fell headfirst and hit her head on the tiles.

What do you think? I really have to check out his book again and a few others. But what do you think happened?

Solace said:
Okay, here goes. Steve Thomas says she was thrown again a curved object, such as a bathtub HOWEVER, the beginnings of the wound (the rectangle) was where it originated. And then I believe her skull cracked from that. So now looking at the bathtub, it is not curved. I do not know why he says she was thrown against something that was curved, if she does have a piece of skull missing that is rectangular and that Dr. Spitz says is a perfect fit with the flashlight.

But as I am looking at the pictures, Patsy could have been pulling her into the bathroom in a rage and as they reached the bathroom pushed her in and JonBenet fell headfirst and hit her head on the tiles.

What do you think? I really have to check out his book again and a few others. But what do you think happened?
I think that bathtub is out of the question. Hitting her her in a fall against that edge sure would have broken her skin and could not create that impression in her skull.

Maybe the faucet but then again a fall would casue a moving hit against the head and stretch the skin and break it in that case too.

For the skin to remain intact I think the strike must come from above straight down on the head. A strike with a flashlight is consistant with that. Maybe done by a taller person or against a sitting or kneeling JB.

tumble said:
I think that bathtub is out of the question. Hitting her her in a fall against that edge sure would have broken her skin and could not create that impression in her skull.

Maybe the faucet but then again a fall would casue a moving hit against the head and stretch the skin and break it in that case too.

For the skin to remain intact I think the strike must come from above straight down on the head. A strike with a flashlight is consistant with that. Maybe done by a taller person or against a sitting or kneeling JB.
Why, Colorado said she fell back against a surface and it gave her a wound that did not break the skin, but it did crack her cranium. What is the difference?

Solace said:
Why, Colorado said she fell back against a surface and it gave her a wound that did not break the skin, but it did crack her cranium. What is the difference?
I think the indentation of the skull is the difference. We have clear edges in the skull indenation of JB. If Colorado had suffered the same indentation her skin would have broken, IMO.

tumble said:

I can assure you a child can strike its head in a fall on a 90% edge and get a fractured skull as a result that does not break skin . However I do agree you she could not have struck the corner point or that most likely would have created a puncture wound. It is for that reason that I suspected like a roman tub ... I don't think the strike had to come from above. I am no expert but you know those wooden structures that are a combo of a slide monkey bars and rings and swings that are so popular for kids. Kind of made to look like a Fort. I know that striking the 90% edge of one of those railings on that fractured the skull of a child we know. No dislodged bone as in JonBenet's case and the fracture was not as severe. However severe enough to cause lifetime permanent disability. It very nearly resulted in death. Prompt medical attention did save this childs life once the brain swelling was dealt with. Sad situation irregardless.

tumble said:
I think the indentation of the skull is the difference. We have clear edges in the skull indenation of JB. If Colorado had suffered the same indentation her skin would have broken, IMO.
I am not following you?

tumble said:
Hate to disagree with you Tumble and granted I was substantially older than JonBenet. But I think I know what my injuries were. :( Well at least once I started to regain conciousness etc I began to realize I was injured. I was fortunate that I had a remarkable head injury center out here in Craig Rehabilitation Center. I had some bleed in the brain a small fracture and also a incredible sized subdural hematoma.. not to mention a full blown closed head injury. And I got the medical reports to prove it. And no, I had no external laceration of the scalp. But it was awful swollen and black under my hair they shaved off. That again come to think was a 90 degree edge that I struck. The picnic table. I hit the very edge of it with the left low part of my skull as I had been propelled backwards and struck the edge of the very heavy wooden plank picnic table that was behind me. The skin did not break because I did not hit the point edge at the end of the table I hit full against the angled edge that is joined between the top of the table and the depth of the plank of the board that created the table. If you would turn the letter L upside down and the bottom of the letter capitol L represented the top of the table and the side of left side of the letter L represented the plank depth you'd get the concept. I think why the lack of laceration yet with skull fracture and indentation and hematoma etc. Is on an continual edge like that you are striking no point. You are striking the length of the ledge so it disperses the impact across a broader area not a finite point, like you would experience if you struck the very point? One thing I am not is a scientist. But I do know what I experienced and I could have been just as easily had my lights turned out permanently if my skull fractures would have been as extensive as JonBenet's.

coloradokares said:
Hate to disagree with you Tumble and granted I was substantially older than JonBenet. But I think I know what my injuries were. :( Well at least once I started to regain conciousness etc I began to realize I was injured. I was fortunate that I had a remarkable head injury center out here in Craig Rehabilitation Center. I had some bleed in the brain a small fracture and also a incredible sized subdural hematoma.. not to mention a full blown closed head injury. And I got the medical reports to prove it. And no, I had no external laceration of the scalp. But it was awful swollen and black under my hair they shaved off. That again come to think was a 90 degree edge that I struck. The picnic table. I hit the very edge of it with the left low part of my skull as I had been propelled backwards and struck the edge of the very heavy wooden plank picnic table that was behind me. The skin did not break because I did not hit the point edge at the end of the table I hit full against the angled edge that is joined between the top of the table and the depth of the plank of the board that created the table. If you would turn the letter L upside down and the bottom of the letter capitol L represented the top of the table and the side of left side of the letter L represented the plank depth you'd get the concept. I think why the lack of laceration yet with skull fracture and indentation and hematoma etc. Is on an continual edge like that you are striking no point. You are striking the length of the ledge so it disperses the impact across a broader area not a finite point, like you would experience if you struck the very point? One thing I am not is a scientist. But I do know what I experienced and I could have been just as easily had my lights turned out permanently if my skull fractures would have been as extensive as JonBenet's.
With that said, then it is possible that she was thrust forward violently by a very angry Patsy and JonBenet could have slipped and hit herself head on and thereby cracking her skull. Thank you for the post Colorado.

coloradokares said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Feel free to disagree :)
Where exactly were you struck on your head? Back, top, side or front?

tumble said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Feel free to disagree :)
Where exactly were you struck on your head? Back, top, side or front?
On the left at the base of the skull. So for clarification that would be the back left. Just to the right of bottom of the left ear it encompassed a huge area so that it crossed just slightly over to the right. They told my husband that I was very fortunate to be alive. It was miraculous my neck was not broken. It was also miraculous that the bleed in the brain was not more profound. It rearranged my life and career path. I choose not to dwell on it though. Life is for the living.

I think that could explain why you did not receive a laceration. Falling and hitting the back of the head is like being hit straight on. Being hit on top of the head like JB was is another matter. The head would just bounce of the surface and the inward perpendicular force would not be sufficent to indent the head and would most likely cause a laceration.

It is just elementary mechanics. The stiking force will have a perpendicular component and one tangential component. In a fall from a standing position the tangential component would be larger the more on top of the head the striking point is. Being struck on the back in a fall would result on a force with almost no tangential component causing no laceration while a hit to the top of the head would have almost no perpendicular component.

tumble said:
I think that could explain why you did not receive a laceration. Falling and hitting the back of the head is like being hit straight on. Being hit on top of the head like JB was is another matter. The head would just bounce of the surface and the inward perpendicular force would not be sufficent to indent the head and would most likely cause a laceration.

It is just elementary mechanics. The stiking force will have a perpendicular component and one tangential component. In a fall from a standing position the tangential component would be larger the more on top of the head the striking point is. Being struck on the back in a fall would result on a force with almost no tangential component causing no laceration while a hit to the top of the head would have almost no perpendicular component.

She did receive a laceration. Small, but she did have one.

tumble said:

Thanks for the explanation...only next time remember while a colorful character I might not be the brightest crayon in the box:waitasec: Just kidding. :D Seriously I knew a small child that was injured on that fort like swing set. No laceration stuck on left side of head. Pretty much front to back. Or visa versa.....but that poor little one had alot more damage that I did by a long shot. They had thought persistive vegetative state however we believe now this child has some level of consiousness. That was on the railing crease as well. But I'd of thought looking at JB's skull .....alot more similar than my head injury. I don't know. It could have been the flashlight and with momentary intent and anger. At that split moment maybe rage or whatever took over and the blow was intentional as intentional gets. After the fact though.....I think there would have had to have been the deepest remorse and regret.:confused:

coloradokares said:
It could have been the flashlight and with momentary intent and anger.
I think it could be just this. Just happens to be holding the flashlight and is overcame momentarily by rage. When the deed is done actions turn into damage control.

tumble said:
I think it could be just this. Just happens to be holding the flashlight and is overcame momentarily by rage. When the deed is done actions turn into damage control.
It could be.

coloradokares said:

Oh, ok then that explains it! You hit your head!!! :crazy: Just kidding, I'm glad you're alright. Peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back