UK - Casey Mullen, 2, raped & murdered, Gipton, Leeds, 11 Feb 2007

KatK

Former Member
Reaction score
:( I did a search for her name, and didn't find anything, so here goes. Two year old Casey Mullen was found dead in a pool of her own blood on Sunday Feburary 11th 2007. :sick: Her uncle (father's brother?) is under investigation for her rape and murder. Here is a page with several videos on this case. Here also, is a page with links to text news stories staying up to date on this.

:behindbarI hope that bast* rots in prison, never to see the light of day, know a moment's peace, or joy again! :furious: :banghead::furious: :banghead::furious::banghead: :furious:

ETA: Do any of the U.K. members have more recent updates than the BBC's they could share?

I will NEVER understand how anyone could ever do this to a small child. Casey was a baby. May he rest in Hell.

Lion

So very sad. I just don't understand. Why does this happen and how come he is still alive I believe if this happened to one of my daughters I would kill the SOB.

LionRun said:
I will NEVER understand how anyone could ever do this to a small child. Casey was a baby. May he rest in Hell.

Lion
I echo your statement entirely.

I could not even begin to imagine how horrible this is for the brother/dad of this little cutie. I think even Hell is too nice for this guy.

That is so sad! I hating thinking about how scared she must have been. :(

How can you rape a 2 year old? How? Why? Why? WTF?
I don't understand how these sick *advertiser censored**s think like this. I just don't get it and it makes me sick. That poor baby, what a sweet little face.
I don't understand it, I just don't. And her uncle???? How can you look at your 2 year old niece in a sexual way??!!

mom3dd said:
So very sad. I just don't understand. Why does this happen and how come he is still alive I believe if this happened to one of my daughters I would kill the SOB.
I don't understand either. Makes me so mad. How can someone pick on a helpless little child? Just like you said above, if anything ever happened to my son or daughter I would kill the SOB!

He appeared in court today, and was remanded. No bail applications were made. He next appears in court Feburary 21st. I hope the judge uses his discretion (if he has any) to give that creature as long as possible in prison. I hope, if possible he is never ever let out. He deserves to rot away!

THE uncle of two-year-old Casey Leigh Mullen was today told he must serve a minimum of 35 years after pleading guilty to her rape and murder.
Michael Mullen, 21, showed no emotion at Leeds Crown Court as Mr Justice Simon said he was "a very dangerous man capable of lethal and violent sexual crimes against children".

Mullen was arrested after the toddler was found in a pool of blood at her home in Oak Tree Crescent, Gipton, Leeds, on February 11.

The judge said: "At about 7.45pm on Sunday February 11 this year after an afternoon of drinking your arrived with your brother at Oak Tree Crescent.

"At some stage you went upstairs alone and you entered the bedroom of Casey Leigh Mullen.

"There you raped her and then killed her.

"Those bare outlines are dreadful enough, but what is particularly horrifying about this crime is that she was your niece and she was a child of two years and two months.

"The strong likelihood is that you covered her face with your hand while you were raping her.

"You then strangled her with a ligature which you applied to her neck for not less than 30 seconds.

"The rape and murder of this little girl by someone she trusted and loved were appalling crimes."

He said Mullen was two and a half times over the legal limit for driving at the time of the crime and accepted that this would have disinhibited him to some extent.

The judge continued: "You are a very dangerous man who is capable of lethal, violent, sexual crimes against children and you will continue to be so for the foreseeable future."

The court heard how an image of the little girl was found on Mullen's phone, naked from the waist down.

Police also found sexual images of children on his computer downloaded between October last year and February.

The judge said: "Police investigations have shown that you had used your computer to download indecent images of children and images of sexual abuse of children."

One of these images involved sadism, the court heard.

The judge continued: "It's clear that these offences were aggravated by strong paedophilic urges."

Psychiatric reports revealed Mullen fell within the normal range of IQ and did not have a mental illness.

But reports also said he had a psychiatric disorder which was not treatable.

The judge added: "How and why you came to commit these crimes against Casey, who would have felt safe and secure in your presence, is beyond all understanding."

He said it was not clear if there would ever be a time when he was not a threat.

Mullen sat in the dock with his shoulders hunched and his head bowed throughout the proceedings.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007300373,00.html

I can't believe he only gets 35 years. Not sure what "minimum" means in this case, but I hope he's in for life. :( That poor little girl.

RIP Casey.

The article states that other adults were in the house. Was Casey's mom at home? I guess maybe they thought he was going upstairs to sleep it off and trusting that he wouldn't do anything to harm his niece.

35 years??????? That's all? It amazes me that the vicious rape and murder of a two year old baby only yields 35 years in prison for this $#@#$@% monster!!!!!!!. :furious: :furious:

I can't even describe how I'm feeling over this. :furious: I can't even bear to open the link with her picture. :(

May God Bless this little angel. :angel:

I hope the bast*rd suffers for all eternity.
The picture of precious Casey made me cry. May she rest in peace.

I am not clued up on this at all but from what i can gather he recieved life with a recomendation he serve a minimum of 35 years, in the UK life doesnt mean life so this recomendation is a good thing. with out the recomendation he could have been free in maybe 20 years

Kelly

The article states that other adults were in the house. Was Casey's mom at home? I guess maybe they thought he was going upstairs to sleep it off and trusting that he wouldn't do anything to harm his niece.

Yes Caseys mum was downstairs. Apparently she had complained as the father and uncle of Casey had turned up drunk. He had gone upstairs and thats when the assault and subsequent death took place.

The father came up once and found the uncle sitting next to Casey but she was under a duvet and nothing seemed amiss. It seems he was actually trusted by them to get her to sleep etc. They had no idea he had been carrying round a photo of Casey naked from the waist down on his mobile.

Here is a link to Caseys father speaking out about whats happened and some pics of the uncle.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007300502,00.html

THE anguished father of a two-year-old girl raped and murdered by his own brother raged last night: “He betrayed me in the most evil way possible.”

He spoke out after Michael Mullen, 21, was jailed for life for horrifically attacking niece Casey in her bedroom — while her unsuspecting parents were downstairs.
Trusted Mullen, who would often help the tot get to sleep, struck as Casey clutched her favourite cuddly toy rabbit, then strangled her with the cord of a phone charger.
Stunned David Mullen said he had loved brother Michael like a twin. He added: “My heart hurts for my baby daughter.
“I can’t get my head round what happened to her. That my brother did it makes it worse . . . unbearable.
“The one thing I can’t get out of my head is ‘Why?’ It’s horrific what he did. Why did he do it? It’s a nightmare and I just want things to go back to how they were.”
He had no idea Mullen drooled over sickening child *advertiser censored* on his computer — and carried a picture on his mobile phone of Casey undressed from the waist down.
On the evening of February 11, the brothers turned up at the home in Gipton, Leeds, that Casey shared with her three-year-old brother, mum Samantha Canham and her brother Lee.
David, 20, did not live with them but visited every day.
Leeds Crown Court heard the two brothers had downed around eight pints of lager — but Michael Mullen had also thrown back glass after glass of vodka.

Teetotal Samantha, 20, did not like drunkards in the house — so got into a row with David.
During the argument Mullen went to Casey’s room.
Lee took up a drink for Casey and saw her motionless on her back under a duvet with Mullen next to her. Mullen said she was dozing and told Lee to go.
Mullen later got a taxi with David to return to their mother’s house in the city. Meanwhile Lee went to check on Casey and yelled for Samantha.
She ran up to find her daughter bleeding from her nose and ears, with more blood around the crotch of her pink pyjamas.
Part-time barman Mullen, a former glue-sniffer hooked on booze and drugs, was arrested.
Cops found a computer used to download scores of child *advertiser censored* pictures and videos. One video was classed as Level 5 — terrible abuse involving sadism. It showed a young girl attacked with a ligature around her neck.
After the case, David said: “Michael had been quiet in the cab. We got home and he went straight to bed. About 20 minutes later Samantha rang me to tell me what had happened.
“I went into the bedroom and screamed at him, ‘What have you done to my little baby?’ — pushing him out of bed, repeatedly hitting him with my fist.
“He mumbled ‘No’, then went back to sleep. Mum’s boyfriend pinned me to the wall and ordered me to get to the hospital to be with Samantha. That was the last time I saw Michael until court.”

David went on: “We were always together, walking everywhere with our arms around each other. We were two youngsters building dens, riding bikes and climbing trees, watching TV and playing soccer on the street.
“I looked up to him. Michael was my best mate. He was always there for me, got me out of scrapes, would stand up for me if others picked on me. There was only 14 months between us and we were more like twins than brothers in looks and ways. We were just so close.”
Mullen was jailed in 2000 for theft, and ex-girlfriends said he was hot-headed in drink. But David said: “He never said or did anything that made me think he was a paedophile. If he had, I wouldn’t have let him near my kids.
“When I’m quiet, I think I’ve always had an older brother who I loved. Now I have to hate.”
Pathologists said Casey had suffered some of the worst injuries they had ever seen. As details of the attack were read out in court, Samantha and David wept — and a female relative ran from the public gallery to be sick.
Mullen admitted rape and murder. Caging him for a minimum of 35 years, Mr Justice Simon said: “The doctors described the injuries to her small body but her pain and fear must only be imagined.”
Det Supt Steve Payne, who led the inquiry, said: “Michael Mullen committed an act of wickedness beyond belief. What he did is beyond comprehension of a normal society.”
The Sun can reveal Mullen was charged with raping a girl of 12 four years ago — but the case was dropped hours before trial when she changed her evidence.

Samantha sobbed: “If he had been in jail Casey would still be alive. He should rot in hell and suffer a thousand agonies. I will never ever forgive him.
“He robbed Casey of her life and us of a little angel of a daughter. They should throw away the key and never release him.” Samantha and David went on to thank Sun readers who sent in money for Casey’s funeral and to help them restart their lives in a new home.
Samantha said: “We could not bear to return to our old place.”
She recalled how she had planned to turn cheeky Casey’s bedroom into a “pink palace”. She went on: “I keep expecting to hear her voice and feel her tugging my trouser leg. My arms ache to hold her again.
“Casey loved playing hide and seek all the time.
“You had to pretend that you couldn’t find her. All you could hear was Casey giggling.
“At first we couldn’t bear to tell her three-year-old brother.
“He kept on saying, ‘Mummy, Casey’s hiding’.
“At least she’s at peace now, where no one can hurt her again.”

omg ... that poor baby and her family .. that sick 'demon thing" should get castrated then left out in the desert where the animals can pick away at him ..

I am not clued up on this at all but from what i can gather he recieved life with a recomendation he serve a minimum of 35 years, in the UK life doesnt mean life so this recomendation is a good thing. with out the recomendation he could have been free in maybe 20 years

Kelly
i know little about your countries justice system. thank you for clearing this up. since people are pretty much the same every where i hope he will face the same justice from other prisoners that we would expect in the US.

I just don't get it ya'll. There ain't no way, this should have happened with the parents being home at the time. The Father was drunk. Mom should have booted them out, or put them in a part of the house to sleep off the drunkedness.

But never, allow a drunk to handle and deal with your kids, no matter if their a saint, Pastor, it doesn't matter. The Mother has had to learn a horrible horrible lesson in parenting. The Father too.

This validates to me a decision I made one time about someone being drunk around my daughter, who I know loved her, but something hit my spirit that particular night when they had been drinking and I didn't go to bed. When I got so tired I needed to go to sleep, I crawled in her bed with her.

I didn't take any chances. Damned to Hell!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back