1340 users online (249 members and 1091 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Casey Mullen, 2, raped & murdered, Gipton, Leeds, 11 Feb 2007

I did a search for her name, and didn't find anything, so here goes. Two year old Casey Mullen was found dead in a pool of her own blood on Sunday Feburary 11th 2007. Her uncle (father's brother?) is under investigation for her rape and murder. Here is a page with several videos on this case. Here also, is a page with links to text news stories staying up to date on this.

I hope that bast* rots in prison, never to see the light of day, know a moment's peace, or joy again!

ETA: Do any of the U.K. members have more recent updates than the BBC's they could share?
    Last edited by KatK; 02-14-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added punctuation

I will NEVER understand how anyone could ever do this to a small child. Casey was a baby. May he rest in Hell.

Lion

So very sad. I just don't understand. Why does this happen and how come he is still alive I believe if this happened to one of my daughters I would kill the SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun
    I will NEVER understand how anyone could ever do this to a small child. Casey was a baby. May he rest in Hell.

Lion
    I echo your statement entirely.

I could not even begin to imagine how horrible this is for the brother/dad of this little cutie. I think even Hell is too nice for this guy.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    That is so sad! I hating thinking about how scared she must have been.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Angry

How can you rape a 2 year old? How? Why? Why? WTF?
    I don't understand how these sick f***s think like this. I just don't get it and it makes me sick. That poor baby, what a sweet little face.
    I don't understand it, I just don't. And her uncle???? How can you look at your 2 year old niece in a sexual way??!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom3dd
    So very sad. I just don't understand. Why does this happen and how come he is still alive I believe if this happened to one of my daughters I would kill the SOB.
    I don't understand either. Makes me so mad. How can someone pick on a helpless little child? Just like you said above, if anything ever happened to my son or daughter I would kill the SOB!

He appeared in court today, and was remanded. No bail applications were made. He next appears in court Feburary 21st. I hope the judge uses his discretion (if he has any) to give that creature as long as possible in prison. I hope, if possible he is never ever let out. He deserves to rot away!

Casey Leigh Mullen toddler murdered by uncle

THE uncle of two-year-old Casey Leigh Mullen was today told he must serve a minimum of 35 years after pleading guilty to her rape and murder.
    Michael Mullen, 21, showed no emotion at Leeds Crown Court as Mr Justice Simon said he was "a very dangerous man capable of lethal and violent sexual crimes against children".

Mullen was arrested after the toddler was found in a pool of blood at her home in Oak Tree Crescent, Gipton, Leeds, on February 11.

The judge said: "At about 7.45pm on Sunday February 11 this year after an afternoon of drinking your arrived with your brother at Oak Tree Crescent.

"At some stage you went upstairs alone and you entered the bedroom of Casey Leigh Mullen.

"There you raped her and then killed her.

"Those bare outlines are dreadful enough, but what is particularly horrifying about this crime is that she was your niece and she was a child of two years and two months.

"The strong likelihood is that you covered her face with your hand while you were raping her.

"You then strangled her with a ligature which you applied to her neck for not less than 30 seconds.

"The rape and murder of this little girl by someone she trusted and loved were appalling crimes."

He said Mullen was two and a half times over the legal limit for driving at the time of the crime and accepted that this would have disinhibited him to some extent.

The judge continued: "You are a very dangerous man who is capable of lethal, violent, sexual crimes against children and you will continue to be so for the foreseeable future."

The court heard how an image of the little girl was found on Mullen's phone, naked from the waist down.

Police also found sexual images of children on his computer downloaded between October last year and February.

The judge said: "Police investigations have shown that you had used your computer to download indecent images of children and images of sexual abuse of children."

One of these images involved sadism, the court heard.

The judge continued: "It's clear that these offences were aggravated by strong paedophilic urges."

Psychiatric reports revealed Mullen fell within the normal range of IQ and did not have a mental illness.

But reports also said he had a psychiatric disorder which was not treatable.

The judge added: "How and why you came to commit these crimes against Casey, who would have felt safe and secure in your presence, is beyond all understanding."

He said it was not clear if there would ever be a time when he was not a threat.

Mullen sat in the dock with his shoulders hunched and his head bowed throughout the proceedings.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007300373,00.html

I can't believe he only gets 35 years. Not sure what "minimum" means in this case, but I hope he's in for life. That poor little girl.

RIP Casey.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    That poor child! I can't imagine how she must have suffered. I hope death came quickly to end the pain.

It sounds like he did this with other adults in the house.

Casey's picture is with this article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007300373,00.html

The article states that other adults were in the house. Was Casey's mom at home? I guess maybe they thought he was going upstairs to sleep it off and trusting that he wouldn't do anything to harm his niece.

35 years??????? That's all? It amazes me that the vicious rape and murder of a two year old baby only yields 35 years in prison for this $#@#$@% monster!!!!!!!.

I can't even describe how I'm feeling over this. I can't even bear to open the link with her picture.

May God Bless this little angel.

I hope the bast*rd suffers for all eternity.
    The picture of precious Casey made me cry. May she rest in peace.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast