Cor 1:18

tumble

Reaction score
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God".

I think this passage rings quite true with "Saved By The Cross". Maybe it is here the figure 118,000 comes from?

tumble said:
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God".

I think this passage rings quite true with "Saved By The Cross". Maybe it is here the figure 118,000 comes from?
Or that John got $118,000+ in bonus money. It all does not have to be a secret. Sometimes the answer is right there in front. They wanted it to look like somene knew about John's finances - so they wrote in his bonus amount. Nothing more, nothing less. IMO.

Solace said:
Or that John got $118,000+ in bonus money. It all does not have to be a secret. Sometimes the answer is right there in front. They wanted it to look like somene knew about John's finances - so they wrote in his bonus amount. Nothing more, nothing less. IMO.
Solace, this is one of the many little things that to me points to JR more than PR, even though JR may have instructed PR on what to put in the ransom note and she may have written it.

JR, at first, kept trying to pin the blame on a disgruntled former employee. Someone who might at some point have had access to JR's bonus amount.

PR, on the other hand, tries almost from day one to blame LHP, even though it's far less likely that she will have knowledge of the R's bonus amount, or that the houskeeper would have written the ransom note at all!

Dru said:
Solace, this is one of the many little things that to me points to JR more than PR, even though JR may have instructed PR on what to put in the ransom note and she may have written it.

JR, at first, kept trying to pin the blame on a disgruntled former employee. Someone who might at some point have had access to JR's bonus amount.

PR, on the other hand, tries almost from day one to blame LHP, even though it's far less likely that she will have knowledge of the R's bonus amount, or that the houskeeper would have written the ransom note at all!
You ever hear the Jeff Merrick interview. That was enlightening.

Dru said:

unless she could have seen a pay stub left out while cleaning..or they could say she could have,anyway.or that she messed around in their computer or desk ...etc.
PR may have been chosen to write it since she was a woman,and so writes like one..which even PR said the note may have been written by a woman.

coloradokares said:
You ever hear the Jeff Merrick interview. That was enlightening.
No, coloradokares, I haven't. Is there a link to it? Thanks.

And JMO8778, I think PR really did try to put the blame on LHP. Question is, why weren't she and JR on the same page on that? Why did JR a) bring up the disgruntled employee and then b) much later, the 'mysterious van' he'd seen, and the implications of unknown intruders. Why not join PR in blaming the housekeeper?

IMO, because he knew exactly what had been done to JBR's body, and why. This made in unlikely that LE would buy the 'simple kidnapping gone bad' scenario, even if LHP were involved. Only if her husband could be cast in the role of 'familiar person who turns out to be molester/killer' would this work, and that scenario was a little to close for comfort.

Dru said:
No, coloradokares, I haven't. Is there a link to it? Thanks.

And JMO8778, I think PR really did try to put the blame on LHP. Question is, why weren't she and JR on the same page on that? Why did JR a) bring up the disgruntled employee and then b) much later, the 'mysterious van' he'd seen, and the implications of unknown intruders. Why not join PR in blaming the housekeeper?

IMO, because he knew exactly what had been done to JBR's body, and why. This made in unlikely that LE would buy the 'simple kidnapping gone bad' scenario, even if LHP were involved. Only if her husband could be cast in the role of 'familiar person who turns out to be molester/killer' would this work, and that scenario was a little to close for comfort.
good point ! my other thought is that they were both trying to throw enough things out,hoping that one would stick.some of the RN does sound like JR is trying to finger jeff Merrick,while some sounds like PR pointing to LHP..at times I wonder if he even dicated parts of it to her.

my other thought is that they were both trying to throw enough things out,hoping that one would stick.some of the RN does sound like JR is trying to finger jeff Merrick,while some sounds like PR pointing to LHP..at times I wonder if he even dicated parts of it to her.

Sickening, isn't it?

JMO8778 said:
good point ! my other thought is that they were both trying to throw enough things out,hoping that one would stick.some of the RN does sound like JR is trying to finger jeff Merrick,while some sounds like PR pointing to LHP..at times I wonder if he even dicated parts of it to her.

I think that he did...I believe that she wrote it with his help.....I have always thought that. In a stage of panic...it would have taken two brains to come up with that ransom note.

I agree that SBTC probably means Saved By the Cross, and maybe ALSO means something else, like Subic Bay Training Center and ALSO maybe it has additional meanings, and was thought to be a good signature because it encompasses, possibly, a lot of things.

In a required political science class one time, which concentrated on terrorism, we learned that violent extremist personalities come first before the choice of a group to join to try to justify it.

In other words, someone at another site, another forum, had jumped to a conclusion that one pervert in religion means that to normally intelligent people it's a bad influence. No, some crazies just pervert it. (BTK for example?) The test of whether a thing is true religion, and extreme nut cases wouldn't think of doing any morals test, is Does it harm even one person, even one of the very least? Killing or even illegally judging others is forbidden.

There's a book by, I believe, Rokeach, about three guys in a mental hospital trying to over-compensate for inferiority feelings by deluding themselves they're Gods. I believe the title is something like "The Three Christs of Ypsilanti", a SE Michigan mental hospital and university town. Another book suggested that very extreme personalities come BEFORE choosing an organization with which to try to jusify extremism. Maybe not always. And we hear rumors on the news that some in nonChristian religions are born into it, taught from childhood to kill, with wild promises of so many virgins for them in the afterlife. Are they then mentally ill? Truth may be somewhere in between?

There were people from terrorist nations in the university at Boulder, but they wouldn't know to sign a note Saved By the Cross, right? And would not know the Ramseys as well as this killer or killers did. The uncanny resemblance of the Barnhills' walker to JAR was probably no coincidence, but part of the staging to try to pin this on the family, like the forged RN and the dictionary, and any other staged clues. The walker probably was meant to be seen, in broad daylight, by neighbors. Stanton's hearing metal hitting on concrete from across the street....would a golf club have been that loud, or wouldn't the tool have had to be something bigger and heavier? 15th St. was not wide, but windows over there would have been closed and it was, I believe, about 1 AM (?) when most neighbors would have been asleep. Stanton was awakened by his wife who'd heard a scream and wasn't sure if that was just a dream. He definitely heard the metal-on-concrete beating going on.

Joe Barnhill later said he's not even sure what JAR looks like.

I know, NP. But it's so obvious that both Barnhill and Melody Stanton could have been made by others to doubt their own perceptions, and even to deny anyone talked to them, or, may not have been very self-assured personalities. Stanton's husband definitely heard something, which tells us Melody did too. She was still very sleepy for one thing and also may have received too much attention, overwhelming.

If she'd been awakened by a scream in the middle of the afternoon, it would have been a dream, but since her husband also heard strange sounds from over there, her memory is validated as real. Some of us women would rather our husbands would take such big responsibilities instead of us, be the spokesman for the family. She may have just not wanted the attention. I don't think I would want it. Probably reporters were coming around. Lots of us don't want to be famous, I may have already said.

I don't think it makes any difference when they try to recant their testimony later, so many strong reasons for that are possible.

Eagle1 said:
I know, NP. But it's so obvious that both Barnhill and Melody Stanton could have been made by others to doubt their own perceptions, and even to deny anyone talked to them, or, may not have been very self-assured personalities. Stanton's husband definitely heard something, which tells us Melody did too. She was still very sleepy for one thing and also may have received too much attention, overwhelming.

If she'd been awakened by a scream in the middle of the afternoon, it would have been a dream, but since her husband also heard strange sounds from over there, her memory is validated as real. Some of us women would rather our husbands would take such big responsibilities instead of us, be the spokesman for the family. She may have just not wanted the attention. I don't think I would want it. Probably reporters were coming around. Lots of us don't want to be famous, I may have already said.

I don't think it makes any difference when they try to recant their testimony later, so many strong reasons for that are possible.
I bet she heard the scream.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back