Pit bulls rip off man's left hand, mauls his right

reb

Reaction score
http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0215/pit_bulls_ap.html

(last paragraph:)

<Charles Lawson, who co-owns the business, said the dogs were guarding the shop and belong to his partner. He said he didn't know how the dogs got out, but declined to comment further.> i love how these stories always end-- "duh,, we dunno how the dogs got out..??"

well you might want to think twice about keeping monsters in your care that could do this to an innocent human being just walking down the street minding their own business!!!

Cripes reb...just what is it with people that they have THOSE dogs? That man is alive, but he's maimed for the rest of his life. You're right, the owners always act surprised and shocked their dogs would be so vicious. HELLOOOOO!!! :banghead:

I honestly wish the law got serious about this. If their Pit attacks or kills a person....prison time with mandatory sentences!!! No if, ands, or buts about it. I feel no pity for the owners when this happens, absolutely none. I don't feel sorry for people who say "mine would never do something like that". Well it hasn't yet. Unfortunately the realitly is even if every pit bull disappeared, people will bring in another breed to replace it. There is just no way I would ever own one of those or want one living near me or around my pets. And I LOVE dogs!!!

We have a pit bull in our family and she is precious and 100%adorable. It is about the owners IMO.

We hear about this crap so often, perhaps it's time to start a "Pit Bull Attacks" Forum here....:doh:

Your right JB. A lot has to do with the owners and where they get the dog. The ones we are reading the stories about are the ones bred in someones back yard, no pedigree, genetic testing and inbred. The are not from a reputable breeder. A little OT, but this shows how breeding knowlege is important. At Petsmart I was asked by a man with a Merle Great Dane about breeding Apache (harlequin & fixed) with his girl and that he was going to "make puppies" with her and another Merle Dane. If he knew anything about Dane genetics, he would know Merle x Merle = Blind, Deaf, stillborn, Danes with no eyes, or deformed limbs. And to breed a Merle x Harlequin, I think the harl must have black (or Mantle) Dane 3 generations back to avoid the Merle x Merle defects. No reputable breeder would breed a Merle Dane anyway, and the color is not recognized by AKC! Reputable breeders will not breed Harl x Harl unless they know color genetics 3 generations back on both sides, or the Merle x Merle defects will happen. So this guy thinks he's going to make a lot of money on a litter of Danes and doesn't know a damn thing about the breed genetics. Many of these pits are bred the same way, owners with no knowlege of selective breeding, thus resulting in dogs with genetic/mental defects. Those are the ones we all read the horrible stories about.

I have searched our local pounds on the internet, and it was surprising how many pits/pit mixes were listed. That says a lot about who owns these dogs. Out of 34 dogs at my city pound, 11 were pits/pit mixes! They are always the majority breed there. Because of liability issues, the animal control officer said those would not be put up adoption and euthanized after a 3 day hold.

Lots of dog breeds attack people it isnt just pit bulls! No I do not own one but I know of dobermans attacking, german shepherds attacking,mixed breeds attacking etc., all dogs can attack, pit bulls just get more publicity.

reb said:
http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0215/pit_bulls_ap.html

(last paragraph:)

<Charles Lawson, who co-owns the business, said the dogs were guarding the shop and belong to his partner. He said he didn't know how the dogs got out, but declined to comment further.> i love how these stories always end-- "duh,, we dunno how the dogs got out..??"

well you might want to think twice about keeping monsters in your care that could do this to an innocent human being just walking down the street minding their own business!!!
so they are monsters because someone use them as guard dogs.....pick up a book on pits ppl they should never be used as guard dogs.....once again blame the dumb owner not the breed.....they prob had no human interaction

oh and Sadiemae those dogs are gorgeous! I had a neighbor one time had a great dane and I had a 3 lb chihuahua and my lil chihuahua ran that dog out of our yard every time he was scared to death of her lol it was SO funny to see.

wildTrose said:
Lots of dog breeds attack people it isnt just pit bulls! No I do not own one but I know of dobermans attacking, german shepherds attacking,mixed breeds attacking etc., all dogs can attack, pit bulls just get more publicity.

I believe rightly so. when they lock their jaws, they really lock their jaws.

there are too many stories of, especially, children being killed by pit bulls. just do a search on this forum alone. or maimed.

they have been banned in Britain, but that doesn't stop underground breeding.

wildTrose said:
oh and Sadiemae those dogs are gorgeous! I had a neighbor one time had a great dane and I had a 3 lb chihuahua and my lil chihuahua ran that dog out of our yard every time he was scared to death of her lol it was SO funny to see.
Thanks...at my house the cat is the boss, she can clear them both out a room. In case you missed her, she's in the photo, looks about the size of rat. She was chewing on Apache's tail.

wildTrose said:
True enough...but we aren't reading where people have lost life and limbs from other breed attacks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back