820 users online (187 members and 633 guests)  

Websleuths News

Child Trafficking ,Serving Surviviors,Sharing Resources

U.S. citizen children are also trafficked within the U.S. It is estimated that annually 125,000-300,000 American children are being sexually exploited. Exploiters include criminal networks, family members and acquaintances, strangers, local pimps, other youth, pedophiles and transient male population. Commercially sexually exploited children cut across socio-economic, race, ethnic and gender lines. 75% of the children are from middle class backgrounds. ( Richard Estes and Neil Alan Weiner, "The commercial sexual exploitation of children in the U.S., Canada and Mexico", University of Pennsylvania School of Social Work, September 2001.) In addition, the National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children report that 450,000 children run away from home each year. One out of three teens of the street will be lured into survival sex within 48 hours of leaving home. Catholic Charities USA has been a leader in developing services and advocacy for U.S. citizen children and youth who have been trafficked.

Now here is a link that shows program was launched for Refugee's but nothing was in place for U.S. girls

Article is Labeled

"Barrier to Services"

"Prostituted Girls in the US off the Radar"

Very interesting read . Tells how the "boyfriend gains trust showers young girl with gifts and then she's Trafficked around the Country,

Recent cases involving missing girls on here and the NCMEC and websites and I wondered if there could be a connection because in NY area NJ area and Maryland there seemed to be a fair amount gone within a short period of time.
    Is this happening in clusters ? Are they shopping for them on MySpace the teen Department Store?
    It must be. There is a very big problem and it is growing. These girls don't have to be dragged off the street , they are ,well most of them I beleive are going willingly.
    I was looking for information on Robin T . and came across a few boards where the girls were trying to get information on how to dance. I will not link it here. These girls are not 18 or 19 . I think they are much younger and it may seem glamorous to them.

Chicago Labor abuses.

Anti trafficking Newsletter

2006 Report
    Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000: Trafficking in Persons Report

Child Prostitution In The U.S.