867 users online (147 members and 720 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Driver Gets Felony Conviction For Tossing Cup of Ice Into Car

Driver Gets Felony Conviction For Tossing Cup of Ice Into Car

http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/th...hreadID=203566

This is OUTRAGEOUS! The penalty does not fit the crime AND her husband is in Iraq. So, be very careful what you "flick" out the window (including boogers).

oh no, my hubby is a huge booger flicking offender.

Child molesters get far less time.. what a crazy world we live in.

Gosh I don't know...I think she got what she deserved. She could have caused a very serious accident. I have no problem with this punishment at all. If someone threw something at me I would be pretty upset.It was a dumb thing to do and she will hopefully never do it again.

I can't get this story to come up, but if you toss things out of your window, you have to be willing to deal with the consequences of your action. One time the person in the passenger seat of the car next to me (at a stop light), flicked her cigarette out the window and it came into my car!!! It burned a hole in my seat and I about hit the car in front of me (because I started to roll forward).

I think a cigarette is a totally different story. We're talking about a woman who lost her temper and no one was injured. It would be different if she threw a rock at her car or a huge uncooked chicken or turkey like someone dropped from the interstate overpass a while back. I definitely say let the punishment fit the crime. Put her under house arrest, but don't take her from her children.

Try this link: http://tinyurl.com/2cvd3b

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1
    I think a cigarette is a totally different story. We're talking about a woman who lost her temper and no one was injured. It would be different if she threw a rock at her car or a huge uncooked chicken or turkey like someone dropped from the interstate overpass a while back. I definitely say let the punishment fit the crime. Put her under house arrest, but don't take her from her children.
    But someone could have been injured very seriously. If something was coming at me from another car, i would instinctively duck or cringe and that can cost you your life. She at a minimum has some anger management issues if she cannot control herself and keep from throwing things at people. I don't think being a mother is a good enough defense to get out of jail time, I really don't. She really messed up IMO.
    There were some kids throwing mayonnaise filled balloons at cars from their car a couple years ago in my area. It was malicious and meant to cause harm. I think this lady was doing the same thing..don't you? I don't think she was trying to say hello to these people.
    I understand what you are saying, but I think this lady blew it and I hope she doesn't have these anger issues around her kids.

OMG I just read that she went onto the shoulder to do this and her kids were in the car! this lady is really a bad role model.

Okay I have to correct myself.In reading the new link I realized how poorly I read the first link. I thought she got a month in jail with a felony conviction and I was ok with that. I see she got 2 years in prison and I agree that is overkill.

I do think she was way wrong and that her offense was serious no doubt. but I agree that 2 years in prison is nonsense.

I think she got what she deserved.

She did this out of anger. I imagine she is not the paragon of patience in any aspect of her life. (including with her children)

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    Gosh I don't know...I think she got what she deserved. She could have caused a very serious accident. I have no problem with this punishment at all. If someone threw something at me I would be pretty upset.It was a dumb thing to do and she will hopefully never do it again.
    --I agree

A 2-year sentence is way too steep for what this woman did, but this wasn't an accidental case of littering - she was angry and made a concerted effort to speed up, drive on the shoulder and throw a cup of ice into the other car. This was road rage - and she did it with three kids and a contracting pregnant woman in her own car.

She needs more than a slap on the wrist, but 2 years is too steep.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I agree with all of you. She shouldn't have done it. She lost her temper. She could have caused an accident. Shee needs anger management skills. But TWO years?? I would be very angry if someone did this to me or if I saw someone do it.

I know what the lady did was wrong, but I sort of feel for her. I hate jackasses who can't sit still in traffic and need to constantly switch lanes to get somewhere 30 seconds faster.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1
    I agree with all of you. She shouldn't have done it. She lost her temper. She could have caused an accident. Shee needs anger management skills. But TWO years?? I would be very angry if someone did this to me or if I saw someone do it.
    After reading the article, I do agree with you. Two years is a bit much. I think she should have been required to attend anger management classes, and possibly do some community service.

What she did was wrong, and I believe the law is right on this one. Many people are injured yearly by people throwing things into and onto cars. I actually believe Dr. Phil's sister in law is one of them. Someone threw a jar of acid or something off a bridge onto her car, and she is severely injured by it.
    This woman acted maliciously and out of anger. IN FRONT OF HER CHILDREN.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast