New Footage of JFK motorcade is discovered

Dark Knight

Reaction score
ap_small.gif

A recently discovered home movie showing President John F. Kennedy's motorcade shortly before his assassination was unveiled Monday on the Web site of a Dallas museum.

The silent, 8 mm color film is "the clearest, best film of Jackie in the motorcade," said Gary Mack, curator of the Sixth Floor Museum, which focuses on Kennedy's life and assassination.

The film shows a brief but clear glimpse of President Kennedy and his wife, Jacqueline, a few blocks from Dealey Plaza and roughly 90 seconds before the killing. Also visible is Secret Service agent Clint Hill riding on the back of the car. After the shots were fired, Hill jumped onto the car as it drove to the hospital.

More at link, including video links:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070219/ap_on_re_us/jfk_assassination_film&printer=1

So amazingly clear, I thought that it was a fake....some kind of ad or something.

Cal

calus_3 said:
So amazingly clear, I thought that it was a fake....some kind of ad or something.

Cal
Darn shame it didn't include the shots, as it might have answered a LOT of questions with that much clarity, as opposed to the Zapruder film which is very grainy. As the article said, maybe someone else has some footage as well.

Was it ever clearly determined if Mrs. Kennedy was attempting to climb out of the car or help the agent climb in?

Dark Knight said:
Darn shame it didn't include the shots, as it might have answered a LOT of questions with that much clarity, as opposed to the Zapruder film which is very grainy. As the article said, maybe someone else has some footage as well.
Have you seen the documentary on the History channel? It was really interesting. They used the Zapruder film and current technology to show how it was just Oswald that did the shooting. The documentary covered the life of Oswald as well as Jack Ruby. Very, very interesting. I always suspected a conspiracy and a coverup. However, after seeing this documentary, I firmly believe that there was no conspiracy.

Glow said:
Was it ever clearly determined if Mrs. Kennedy was attempting to climb out of the car or help the agent climb in?
That's still up for debate, I think, but another theory is that she was retrieving part of JFK's skull. Someone did say she handed a piece of it to them, but whether she got it from the back of the car or from him being in her lap was never determined. Her leaving the car is one of the motivations behind the not very widespread theory she was involved, if I remember right. (Hell hath no fury....etc.)

nanandjim said:
Have you seen the documentary on the History channel? It was really interesting. They used the Zapruder film and current technology to show how it was just Oswald that did the shooting. The documentary covered the life of Oswald as well as Jack Ruby. Very, very interesting. I always suspected a conspiracy and a coverup. However, after seeing this documentary, I firmly believe that there was no conspiracy.
I didn't see THAT one, but I saw the Mythbuster's one on Discovery and the ABC News one and both showed that Oswald acted alone, and it left me with no doubt that he did, either. It was very clear that it was more than possible, and the other theories just didn't hold up.

I firmly believe that the mob had JFK killed.....I am sorry but Jack Ruby was no patriot and I believe he hated Kennedy. No reason to shoot Oswald unless he was sent there to silence him.

I believe the mob used Oswald to do it. The shots were outstanding, but not impossible, and many believe not even exceedingly difficult. I mean it reeks of Marcello, Traficante, and Hoffa....use limited number of people and then kill the shooter using someone you know won't crack. Ruby was a mobster wannabe and this was his way of become a made man.

While the mob loves to bolster itself, I don't believe they would take the heat for this one unless they really did it. It is the simplest theory.....JFK gets elected with the mob's influence, he almost immediately starts going after the mob after the failed bay of pigs mission, and they killed him.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmarcello.htm

"On 14th January, 1992, the New York Post claimed that Marcello, Jimmy Hoffa and Santos Trafficante had all been involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Frank Ragano was quoted as saying that at the beginning of 1963 Hoffa had told him to take a message to Trafficante and Marcello concerning a plan to kill Kennedy. When the meeting took place at the Royal Orleans Hotel, Ragano told the men: "You won't believe what Hoffa wants me to tell you. Jimmy wants you to kill the president." He reported that both men gave the impression that they intended to carry out this order.

In his autobiography, Mob Lawyer (1994) (co-written with journalist Selwyn Raab) Frank Ragano added that in July, 1963, he was once again sent to New Orleans by Jimmy Hoffa to meet Marcello and Santos Trafficante concerning plans to kill President John F. Kennedy. When Kennedy was killed Hoffa apparently said to Ragano: "I told you could do it. I'll never forget what Carlos and Santos did for me." He added: "This means Bobby is out as Attorney General". Marcello later told Ragano: "When you see Jimmy (Hoffa), you tell him he owes me and he owes me big."

Cal

calus_3 said:
I firmly believe that the mob had JFK killed.....I am sorry but Jack Ruby was no patriot and I believe he hated Kennedy. No reason to shoot Oswald unless he was sent there to silence him.

I believe the mob used Oswald to do it. The shots were outstanding, but not impossible, and many believe not even exceedingly difficult. I mean it reeks of Marcello, Traficante, and Hoffa....use limited number of people and then kill the shooter using someone you know won't crack. Ruby was a mobster wannabe and this was his way of become a made man.

While the mob loves to bolster itself, I don't believe they would take the heat for this one unless they really did it. It is the simplest theory.....JFK gets elected with the mob's influence, he almost immediately starts going after the mob after the failed bay of pigs mission, and they killed him.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmarcello.htm

"On 14th January, 1992, the New York Post claimed that Marcello, Jimmy Hoffa and Santos Trafficante had all been involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Frank Ragano was quoted as saying that at the beginning of 1963 Hoffa had told him to take a message to Trafficante and Marcello concerning a plan to kill Kennedy. When the meeting took place at the Royal Orleans Hotel, Ragano told the men: "You won't believe what Hoffa wants me to tell you. Jimmy wants you to kill the president." He reported that both men gave the impression that they intended to carry out this order.

In his autobiography, Mob Lawyer (1994) (co-written with journalist Selwyn Raab) Frank Ragano added that in July, 1963, he was once again sent to New Orleans by Jimmy Hoffa to meet Marcello and Santos Trafficante concerning plans to kill President John F. Kennedy. When Kennedy was killed Hoffa apparently said to Ragano: "I told you could do it. I'll never forget what Carlos and Santos did for me." He added: "This means Bobby is out as Attorney General". Marcello later told Ragano: "When you see Jimmy (Hoffa), you tell him he owes me and he owes me big."

Cal
I agree. He betrayed them so they killed him, and Ruby was silencing Oswald. And also gets RFK out. Makes perfect sense all around.

Glow said:
First time I've heard that. I have seen the film many times and to me it clearly looked like she was reaching out and helping him into the car. I did not once see it as her trying to get out of the car. If I had been in a car where somone was shooting into it I would not be lying across the back of it to make myself a bigger target I would be cowering in the floorboard. I can't for the life of me believe that she was trying to get out. If anything she put herself in harms way.

Dark Knight said:
I agree. He betrayed them so they killed him, and Ruby was silencing Oswald. And also gets RFK out. Makes perfect sense all around.

Typical MO of the mob.

Cal

Here's a flash!! Oswald did it. He had the means, the motive and the opportunity. It was a clear head-on shot. He had the time, the requisite skill and was perfectly positioned to do it. Jack Valenti who was in Kennedy's administration says flat out that Oswald did it and he was there. All of this conspiracy stuff is silly.

calus_3 said:

It's tempting to believe that there was a mob hit and a conspiracy, but I don't believe it. I especially don't believe that Ruby would do a hit to become a made man. What good would that serve him as he spends the rest of his life in prison?

I can't remember everything (or really anything much) about the documentary. However, I think that it said that no ties were found between Oswald and the mafia. They actually covered his miserable life. He even approached the KGB; and they didn't want him. Oswald was a Castro supporter; and that's why he shot Kennedy (if I recall correctly).

Ruby, a strip club owner, was enraged that someone had shot the President. He would have missed Oswald had Oswald not asked to change his clothes. He shot Oswald because he thought that this was his chance to be seen as a "hero" who was taking out the guy who murdered our President.

I think that the History Channel replays many of their shows. You should really try to watch this documentary because it is very interesting. If I find it in the schedule, I'll post it. :)

Yeah, I tend to side with that theory, but I don't have all the facts, I doubt anyone does, so I won't swear to it, but thats the one I go with.

As to Ruby trying to wiggle off the hook toward the end of his life we heard the same jazz from James Earl Ray who murdered Rev. Martin Luther King. All these assassins are the same. They are low-life, good for nothing, bottom dwelling scumsuckers. I wouldn't believe anything they have to say. If they said the sky was blue, I would have to go outside to check before I would believe it.

It was reported at the time that the Secret Service agent had to literally throw Mrs. Kennedy back into the car to prevent her from falling off the vehicle which just at that moment "sped up".

Many felt she acted in panic. She later stated in the William Manchester book "Death of a President" that she did not remember being out on the back of the car. But films and photographs clearly showed her climbing up out of the back seat and onto the trunk hood of the car.

curious1 said:
First time I've heard that. I have seen the film many times and to me it clearly looked like she was reaching out and helping him into the car. I did not once see it as her trying to get out of the car. If I had been in a car where somone was shooting into it I would not be lying across the back of it to make myself a bigger target I would be cowering in the floorboard. I can't for the life of me believe that she was trying to get out. If anything she put herself in harms way.
Hello Curious1,:)
First time I heard that also. (the quote mentioned is below) She was in shock! She would not remember what she did in those moments because she was in shock. What on earth are people thinking assuming that she was involved? I am beyond words for the thought that she was involved because she acted in the manner that she did. I cannot even imagine the horror that she was feeling.
Thank-you for your post.

Dark Knight said:
Her leaving the car is one of the motivations behind the not very widespread theory she was involved, if I remember right.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Could someone who believes Ruby was hired to silence Oswald please explain why Jack Ruby would bring his dog to a hit?

dark_shadows said:
She was in shock! She would not remember what she did in those moments because she was in shock. What on earth are people thinking assuming that she was involved? I am beyond words for the thought that she was involved because she acted in the manner that she did. I cannot even imagine the horror that she was feeling.

Indeed. Lenny Bruce had a famous routine in which he mocked the idea that Mrs. Kennedy was doing anything but trying to escape. But even he didn't fault her for doing so, not under those circumstances!

His point was that people can't accept human nature in an emergency, but have to make up myths about it.

I don't know what motivated Mrs. Kennedy, but (a) I don't blame her, and (b) I certainly don't believe she had anything to do with her husband's murder.

(ETA the obvious: DK was NOT accusing Mrs. Kennedy. He was merely reporting something he had heard.)

nanandjim said:
It's tempting to believe there was a mob hit and a conspiracy, but I don't believe it. I especially don't believe that Ruby would do a hit to become a made man. What good would that serve him as he spends the rest of his life in prison?

I can't remember everything (or really anything much) about the documentary. However, I think that it said that no ties were found between Oswald and the mafia. They actually covered his miserable life. He even approached the KGB; and they didn't want him. Oswald was a Castro supporter; and that's why he shot Kennedy (if I recall correctly).

Ruby, a strip club owner, was enraged that someone had shot the President. He would have missed Oswald had Oswald not asked to change his clothes. He shot Oswald because he thought that this was his chance to be seen as a "hero" who was taking out the guy who murdered our President.

I think that the History Channel replays many of their shows. You should really try to watch this documentary because it is very interesting. If I find it in the schedule, I'll post it. :)
NanandJim.......I have the same feeling as Calus......I had to help my daughter do a report on Kennedy being shot. I read every book I could find and then some. Re-read some I had already read years before. Somethings never felt right from day one. Nothing added up.......
Everyone looking toward the knoll ....smoke from the knoll.....and the accounts of what happened "behind that area". About the car and Mrs Kennedy..some are asking on here. That was debated, almost like trying to say she didn't do that. But, it clearly shows......her entire body getting on the trunk, on her knees......reaching out. Can't figure out why that had to be so hush, hush to this day. Very sad day of our history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back