GA GA - Jeremy Thomas, 22, Macon, 16 Feb 2007

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
A team of nearly 50 people searching Tobesofkee Creek this afternoon recovered items belonging to a missing 22-year-old Macon man.

Rescuers retrieved some personal items from an abandoned boat about 700 yards from Ga. 247, said Lt. George Meadows, Bibb County sheriff's spokesman.

Family members confirmed the items belonged to Jeremy Thomas, Meadows said.

Thomas was reported missing at 2:20 p.m. Sunday after he was last seen Saturday at about 3:30 p.m.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/16735147.htm

It doesn't sound like the boat tipped over if his belongings were found inside the boat. I wonder if he was reaching for something and flipped out of the boat? If there is junk in the water he may have gotten trapped under something and because of the cold was unable to get un-tangled. That is all I can come up with.

Doesn't sound like there was any reason that he would want to just disappear. Hopfully he will be found and is still alive. His poor parents and girlfriend.

From http://www.someoneismissing.net/index.php/Jeremy_Thomas

Jeremy Thomas was last seen when he left on a fishing trip on the evening of February 15th 2007 on Tobesofkee creek in Macon Georgia. He had a friend with him.

He spoke with his fiancé on Friday the 16th at 8:00am. He said they were about to put the boat back in the water. This was the last time anybody other than the friend spoke with him.

The friend returned on Saturday evening. He told the family several different stories, but told the police that he was cold tired and wanted to come home. He said Jeremy chose to stay longer.

The little John boat they had was found on Sunday evening with most of Jeremy's belongings inside of it.

The friend said that the chip to the cell phone had fallen in the water. The area is a swampy area.

It was searched by both police and family and friends. Nothing else has been found to date.

The friend says that he came out at the intersection of Hwy 247, Pionono Avenue, Broadway and Houston Avenue between three and five o'clock on Saturday February 17th with wet clothes.

His girlfriend just happened to ride by and picked him up. He says that Jeremy chose to stay in the creek.

ETA: If this "friend's" story doesn't sound "fishy," I don't know what does!

From http://www.13wmaz.com/news/new_story.aspx?storyid=35554

2/28/07

Officials Monday night called off the search along Tobesofkee Creek for 22-year-old Jeremy Thomas, who's been missing since Sunday.

and

They said foul play is not suspected.

and

According to EMA Director Johnny Wingers, Thomas requested to stay fishing alone Saturday after his friend wanted to come home early.

Wingers said it took a while to sort out all the facts surrounding Thomas and his boat.

JOHNNY WINGERS: EMA DIRECTOR
"There was some confusion about how he came back to the edge and then went back out to the boat, and turned up missing.

more at link

Pic
07219114142_thomas%20jeremy%20michael.JPG

The Charley Project
Jeremy Thomas
Missing since February 16,2007
Lost/Injured Missing
Date of birth: March 6,1984
6'0 and 235 pounds

Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Thomas has multiple tatoos on his right hand and both arms, including a lady sitting on a moon on his upper right arm, the name "Logan" under praying hands on the back of his shoulder, a scorpion and a skull with a pistol on his left arm and phrase "pay me" on his right hand, and other tatoos.
More...

Yeah, this sounds real suspicious. I have family in the area and there are tons of water spots off the rivers and lakes that people often get "lost" in. I hope the story running will bring in tips. If something was foul play, maybe they have talked since 2007.

I agree, sounds suspicious.

Two days after Jeremy left for the trip, Ryan Borders -- the one who went with him -- showed up -- without Jeremy.

"What kind of friend leaves a friend and just walks off and leaves him in a creek and doesn't tell anybody," Brooks and her mother both wondered.

Bibb County sheriff's investigators had the same question.

"His story was that one he fell out of the boat and two he got snake bit. You don't see many snakes in the woods or in the water during that time of year," retired Captain Jimmy Barbee said.

Soon, that story changed.

[video=youtube;8cF6IWRwIig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cF6IWRwIig"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cF6IWRwIig[/video]

Story.jpg

Jeremy Michael Thomas​

• jeremy_michael_thomas_1.jpg
Thomas, circa 2007
  • Missing Since 02/16/2007
  • Missing From Macon, Georgia
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/06/1984 (39)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'0, 235 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and jogging pants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Thomas has multiple tattoos on his right hand and both arms, including a lady sitting on a moon on his upper right arm, the name "Logan" under praying hands on the back of his shoulder, a scorpion and a skull with a pistol on his left arm, and phrase "pay me" on his right hand, and other tattoos. He may have a mustache and goatee.

Details of Disappearance​

Thomas was last seen fishing at Tobesofkee Creek in Macon, Georgia at 2:20 p.m. on February 16, 2007.

He went on a fishing trip with a friend, who later went home without him. The friend stated he had gotten cold and tired and went home, leaving Thomas behind at the creek. He was reported missing the next day. Searchers found his boat abandoned, with his personal belongings inside. There was no sign of him, however.

Thomas left behind a young son and a pregnant fiancee. There is no evidence that a crime was committed in his disappearance, but it's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He may have had an accident while fishing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back