GUILTY AZ - Brenda Nguyen, 13, dies of alcohol poisoning, Phoenix, 19 Feb 2007

Shadow205

Reaction score
PHOENIX -- Police were called the area of Sixth Avenue and Indian School Road late Monday where they found a girl's body.

The girl was found in the middle of an alley about a hundred feet from one of the busiet intersections in the Valley.

Police said they don't know the identity of the girl who they described as being in her teens
Officers also said they haven't been able to match her description with any missing persons report.
http://www.kpho.com/news/11056970/detail.html

I wish that LE would release at least a sketch so the public could help to identify her.

Found a little more information:

A young woman was found dead in Central Phoenix today around 1:45 p.m., according to Phoenix Police. They are investigating the incident in an alley just north of Indian School between 5th and 6th Avenues as a homicide.

The victim is described as hispanic or asian, under the age of 18, petite, dark hair, wearing denim Capri-type shorts, turquoise short sleeve "Be Be" (in red letters) shirt, white Van tennis shoes with a red heart pattern, and the victim had manicured nails.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/girldead02192007-CR.html

I hope they are able to identify her soon... seems weird that no child matching her description was reported missing.

Detectives have very little to go on in the murder of a teenage girl found in an alleyway near Sixth Avenue and Indian School Road.

Phoenix police released a composite sketch and also are hoping the victim's shoes will help them find her family.

Robert Drouillard said he can't stop thinking about the young girl found dead - dumped in the alley behind his home.

"Last night when I went to sleep I was thinking about this little girl -- in the middle of the night I was thinking about this little girl -- when I woke up I was thinking about this little girl," he said.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/KTVKLNews20070220_shoes_teen.1d05a95d.html

mistivon said:
Detectives have very little to go on in the murder of a teenage girl found in an alleyway near Sixth Avenue and Indian School Road.

Phoenix police released a composite sketch and also are hoping the victim's shoes will help them find her family.

Robert Drouillard said he can't stop thinking about the young girl found dead - dumped in the alley behind his home.

"Last night when I went to sleep I was thinking about this little girl -- in the middle of the night I was thinking about this little girl -- when I woke up I was thinking about this little girl," he said.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/KTVKLNews20070220_shoes_teen.1d05a95d.html
Well the article says that police released a sketch but it is not in the article. :confused:

This is so sad. It doesn't sound like she came from the streets either, as BeBe, Vans and manicures aren't that cheap.

Masterj said:
This is so sad. It doesn't sound like she came from the streets either, as BeBe, Vans and manicures aren't that cheap.

I agree but why has no one reported her as missing? The one reason that pops into my mind is that maybe her parent/parents were involved.

Or possibly no one knows yet that she is missing. She might not have been gone that long for her parents to suspect, maybe planned to be at a friends or something where the parents wouldn't need to check on her.

Maybe the parents went on a trip and the girl didn't go. My parents used to leave me home alone a lot at 17 and we could go days without talking.

I am just hoping the parents aren't involved because I am so hurt by all those stories. Then again, maybe it's a better than thinking about a killer running around town.

71° F | 49° F
22° C | 9° C
partlycloudy.GIF

76° F | 50° F
24° C | 10° C
chancetstorms.GIF

59° F | 42° F
15° C | 6° C
partlycloudy.GIF

61° F | 39° F
16° C | 4° C
partlycloudy.GIF

65° F | 44° F
18° C | 7° C

Here's the current temps for Phoenix. She surely wasn't out at night time with those little bit of clothing on.

If she is anywhere from 17 and up she may not have lived at home anymore and been living with a boyfriend. If he is the one that did something to her he won't report it and would have a story ready for anyone who asked where she is. Who ever dumped her must have realized that she would be found right away because of where she was dumped. They must not have cared.

If LE gets a picture out there of her someone is sure to recognize her. Maybe she worked somewhere...because of the brands she wore. She must have had girlfriends. Odd that no one has reported her missing.

Phoenix police are expanding the scope of their search to help identify a young murder victim.

Sgt. Joel Tranter, a Phoenix police spokesman, said local efforts to find friends or family members of the girl have been unsuccessful and could mean the victim is from another state or even country.

Her body was found Monday afternoon in an alley near 5th Avenue and Indian School Road. Investigators think she may be between 12 and 18 years old.
The lack of response in the case has baffled authorities.

"She's a beautiful young girl that was murdered and dumped in an alleyway, and no one has come forward to say we're missing her," Tranter said. "We don't see that often."
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/0222unidentified-ON-CP.html

There is a sketch at the link along with an actual picture of the victim. I tried to just post the sketch but couldn't. I know some posters don't like to see victim photo's so I decided to just post the link.
javascript:;

How sad. Surely someone will recognize her. I am glad they released her picture as well as the sketch since I don't think the sketch looks like her.

I agree that Jane Doe in Phoenix looks nearly identical to runaway Cassandra Gomez from San Antonio, so I made some phone calls. It turns out that Cassandra Gomez has been located, it isn't her.

Phoenix police to take case of murdered girl on national TV

Dianna M. Náñez
Feb. 23, 2007 04:31 PM

Five days have passed since the body of a murdered teen was found in central Phoenix and police have yet to receive a call from family searching for their loved one.

To reach a wider audience of people who might recognize the girl, Sgt. Joel Tranter, a Phoenix police spokesman, will air details about her appearance on a national broadcast of The Lineup, a criminal justice show on Fox News, on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. MST.

Tranter will show viewers a sketch of the girl, who is believed to be between 12 and 18 years old, and photos of the clothes she had on when her body was found Monday in an alley near 5th Avenue and Indian School Road.

"We want to find out who this beautiful young girl is, there is tragedy in all deaths but this is more heartfelt (because) no one has stepped forward to claim her or miss her," he said. "We want to give her family proper notification and find any witnesses who could help us find a possible suspect." But the more time that passes, he said, the more difficult the case is to solve.

More at link: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0223missing24-ON.html

Young girl found dead Monday identified Sunday

Police say a second girl is missing.

Mark Phillips
12 News
Feb. 25, 2007 06:58 PM

She was well dressed. Wearing stylish clothes and sneekers when police found her body in an alley near 5th avenue and Indian School. What she didn't have was any identification. For nearly a week Phoenix police were unable to find out who the girl was. Now they know.

The victim is 13 year old Brenda Ducthuy Nguyen. The daughter of Vietnamese parents. She was a runaway. On Sunday a friend of the girl's identified a sketch Phoenix police made public.

Investigators broke the news to the family Sunday afternoon. Phoenix police sargeant Joel Tranter says Nguyen's parents do not speak English and were not aware of media coverage about their daughter.

Investigators have linked the girl with another runaway, 14 year old Arlene Cota. Cota is listed as an endangered runaway with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/janedoeid022407-CR.html

Local news here said that a kid in the neighborhood got an email indicating the person had seen the girls and that the girls were "in trouble" ...he/she turned email over to news reporter and they informed the cops of the tip on the girls. They showed a picture of the girls..very sad that cops didn't connect all the dots on this one...she could have been saved. Now I hope they find the other one alive. They have had the body for 5 days and there was a report of the run away girls 2 weeks ago. I saw that AZcentral actually had a picture of the dead girls corpse right along side the sketch last night but it is gone now. good grief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back